Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-08-2017, 12:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
The mental gymnastics hurts my tiny brain - you still show an aversion to self assessment in written form, could it be that you fear your own contradictory spiritual attitude?

Are you so content reading riddles that it is now how you spiritually communicate? Did I summarise a few flaws that you do not wish to address?

You answer as a politician answers questions, which is to get as far away from the initial points raised as possible whilst muddying the water & forgetting the point.

It seems you are presuming a lot about me here.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my previous reply to have it meet your satisfactory standards of communication.

There's a limit to what the human mind can know or what our senses can perceive in the attempt to define 'spirituality' or a 'god concept' and it all boils down to direct experiential revelation at the heart-level.

Like the title of this thread states; "for the LOVE of God" and not for the understanding of God, as if the Divine mind could ever be understood in a way to ever have it be believed.

If I am 'hurting your tiny brain' that is a good thing!
Old 24-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi knightoflenity,

The question I will pose is God a separate entity?

I don't know fully what God is. How I may interpret it, agree to it, understand it, or even know about it, seems a continuing work in progress ( so to speak). Which is part of the fun and interest, to me.

Well, my thoughts at the moment on this

Thanks Moonglow - your the first poster I have seen willing to admit to being a work in progress & not having answers, but finding the journey fun.

You have a very humble attitude which is always a good thing in any situation.

The journey of life in general is about twists & turns so being able to "adapt" has always been important. Being humble rids people of bias. You may have a belief or idea but being able to assess & change on the fly is a credit to you my friend.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 24-08-2017, 12:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
It seems you are presuming a lot about me here. Like the title of this thread states; "for the LOVE of God" and not for the understanding of God, as if the Divine mind could ever be understood in a way to ever have it be believed. :

I appreciate the response,

In my signature you will find my belief as it stands today: that "God is indefinable by mankind - goodness is not".

That was there all along to show anyone reading a comment of mine my base belief when I post. The thread is one I started & is a play on words ...

1st meaning: it is a well known phrase ...
2nd meaning: people seem to seek Gods personal attention ... or love ..

There is a requirement to be confirmed as "right" within a lot of peoples answers in general, which to me shows a lack of confidence in their beliefs.

There was none of "you" in your answer, no personal insight which is a shame. If I ask about you it's because I'm interested so it's not "my satisfactory standards of communication" it's kind of a given that if you respond you will actually tell me about yourself within context?

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 24-08-2017, 12:25 AM
Master
Of course being a 'work in progress' goes without mention to some/most as it is taken as a 'given fact'.

There are two ways to rid people of bias. The first is humility (and there is only ONE who I can be totally humbled before) and the second is brutal honesty with oneself.

When one is brutally honest, they can see when something another is saying 'doesn't apply' through way of their cognitive bias or direct misunderstanding, but by the same token, admit a character flaw or failing when they can honestly see that it does apply and also to straight up admit when they are in error and to make the necessary apologies. It is called discernment.
Old 24-08-2017, 12:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Respectfully: the questions again are

The "spirituality" you seek - is it perfection itself or is it an understanding of how it works?

How do you think you are doing & why? ...

Are you seeking my understanding because you don't understand yourself in all this, or because your trying to teach me something?

I am confused

I mean I feel confused in this moment.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-08-2017, 12:35 AM
Master
Some further self reflections moving in me at this time..

Its your question and I notice your perfection and understanding is showing itself in the thread in ways that has me scratching my head. It feels like your in teacher mode, not understanding mode and your perfection tendencies are showing in how you wish answers to be responded too in the way that suits you. If they don't apply the way you wish, you move the person back to where you wish them to apply the response, if they avoid the question you move them back to the question ignoring the offering given before that.

I feel very confused by this modelling.

Seems to be conflicting to me for someone opening up a discussion in this way. But that is just me.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Master
Quote:
I appreciate the response,

In my signature you will find my belief as it stands today: that "God is indefinable by mankind - goodness is not".

That was there all along to show anyone reading a comment of mine my base belief when I post. The thread is one I started & is a play on words ...

1st meaning: it is a well known phrase ...
2nd meaning: people seem to seek Gods personal attention ...

There is a requirement to be confirmed as "right" within a lot of peoples answers in general which to me shows a lack of confidence in those beliefs.
There was none of "you" in your answer, no personal insight which is a shame.

I guess that I am 'once bitten, twice shy' when it comes to including personal insight in my replies after receiving many responses concerning the subjective nature of individual experience. Also, I can be honest or I can be humble, those two things are pretty much mutually exclusive in my case.

If I were being honest, I could say that I have reached enlightenment and if I am being humble I could say that I have not, but the fact I am still alive means my work here is not completed yet.

If I were brutally honest, I could say that I have 'maxed out' on spiritual experience to the total detriment of pragmatic experience and this fool has ventured where angels fear to tread.

In my case, I have realised my total congruence with the Divine Consciousness, but I have blown every fuse in my body to achieve it, so the rest of my life will be spent basically 'undoing' everything I have done, even though it's akin to closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Personal enough now?
Old 24-08-2017, 12:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Are you seeking my understanding because you don't understand yourself in all this, or because your trying to teach me something?

I am confused

I mean I feel confused in this moment.

I'm not seeking your understanding?

I'm asking what the form of spirituality you seek is. Do you wish become perfect (like the universe or God) or to understand it's nature.

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 24-08-2017, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks Moonglow - your the first poster I have seen willing to admit to being a work in progress & not having answers, but finding the journey fun.

You have a very humble attitude which is always a good thing in any situation.

The journey of life in general is about twists & turns so being able to "adapt" has always been important. Being humble rids people of bias. You may have a belief or idea but being able to assess & change on the fly is a credit to you my friend.

If you were feeling humble, wouldn't you find yourself in all posters?

Gosh I am confused today. Lucky its a passing temporary feeling phase..

When you speak about "you have, you are"

Where are you in all this?

I feel really confused by you.

Humilty within self doesn't need to separate where it lays.

IF ONE IS BEING IT, how can it be seen as so?

Oh I see, your trying to see it in (certain) others only, not in yourself that sees it through your own eyes of humility and so naturally in this way I wouldn't see you separate the external views of you in this way outwardly to those you perceive as being this?

Wow. I am feeling inspired today in my observation mode of being. Its showing me something important for myself and how I see and feel about this topic in me.

Old 24-08-2017, 12:53 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm not seeking your understanding?

I'm asking what the form of spirituality you seek is. Do you wish become perfect (like the universe or God) or to understand it's nature.

Where does this perfection come from for you to ask about it? I don't see it?

I am trying to understand what is driving you as the one asking?

Of course I could be boring and just give you what you seek, but I am not perfect and I like to build understanding even when another's feet believe they are not wobbly.

My feet were very steady yesterday. I climbed a rather large hill, way up high I took myself, but then I had to come back down for lunch.