Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 13-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Guide
Oracle deck website

I found this website last night detailing hundreds of difference oracle and tarot decks. Spent over an hour looking through them all. They show cards from the deck with a description and purpose of each and links to Amazon where you can see the price and read reviews. I thought I'd post it (not that I'm encouraging anyone to buy even more decks! )

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/oracles.shtml

Have fun!

Patrycia
Old 13-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Deactivated Account

Oh yeah, they are a really great resource (although, I don't agree with all their professional reviews on the decks). Whoever owned the web sight put a lot of work in compiling reviews and sub headings. I see they finally shut down their discussion forums, I always use to end up at their page when I am googling answers. I only posted a few times there, the color and format was hard on my eyes and it appeared you had to pay to get into the reading area . Anywho, it is a great reference to research decks.

Oh my, now I am going to look at the decks, bad idea to start my morning haha XD
Old 13-08-2017, 11:28 AM
55Degrees

Aeclectic is a fantastic resource. I really miss the forum (it was unbelievably busy). Quite a few really good new ones have birthed from its demise.
I liked the professional input, so much wisdom and knowledge available from some of the best authors and deck creators out there like Mary K Greer, Ciro Marchetti and Patrick Valenza all for free.

@Clover, you didn't have to pay for the readings area, it was a members only area with requirements like SF (certain amount of posts and length of membership).
Some content was only for paid subscription but was never the readings board, that was the most popular board on the whole forum. Ah, I miss AT, its a part of my past gone forever, like seeing your primary school knocked down
Old 13-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Guide
The deck I was really intrigued by as it seemed something a little different is the Resonance Deck

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/resonance-oracle/.

Anyone have this one?
Old 13-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
The deck I was really intrigued by as it seemed something a little different is the Resonance Deck

Anyone have this one?

Hello

No but in a few days I will have them. I had to do a re order for The Psychic Tarot by John Holland as that is my favorite deck, and thought that the one's you showed were so cool. I had to order them for the collection.

I find I have a lot of decks but not many I use often. Kids will have a collection when I am gone I guess.

Lynn
Old 13-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

No but in a few days I will have them. I had to do a re order for The Psychic Tarot by John Holland as that is my favorite deck, and thought that the one's you showed were so cool. I had to order them for the collection.

I find I have a lot of decks but not many I use often. Kids will have a collection when I am gone I guess.

Lynn

I'd be most interested in what you think of the Resonance oracle.

You won't be disappointed with the Psychic Tarot. There are the major arcana cards and four sets for emotional, physical, mental and spiritual, all with a colour edge for each set. As if all that wasn't enough there is a set of chakra cards.

Although I have seven decks which I dip into as and when, I use the Psychic Tarot every day. It's an amazing deck and I trust it and connect to it so well.

Patrycia
Old 13-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Don't temp me ladies! I want to stay as far as away as possible from my amazon account! I did google the cards, Patrycia, they are very lovely!
I do want the Psychic tarot, eventually. It didn't appeal to me at first glance when I was researching, but you posting the cards definitely gives me a different perspective.

@PM, Ahh, I barely signed up a few months ago ( after months and months of reading posts) such a bummer, I barely even got my feet wet there, I didn't realize there was more ( and free) after a period.
Old 13-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Aeclectic is a fantastic resource. I really miss the forum (it was unbelievably busy). Quite a few really good new ones have birthed from its demise.
I liked the professional input, so much wisdom and knowledge available from some of the best authors and deck creators out there like Mary K Greer, Ciro Marchetti and Patrick Valenza all for free.

@Clover, you didn't have to pay for the readings area, it was a members only area with requirements like SF (certain amount of posts and length of membership).
Some content was only for paid subscription but was never the readings board, that was the most popular board on the whole forum. Ah, I miss AT, its a part of my past gone forever, like seeing your primary school knocked down
The Aeclectic forums have gone?
Okay, I hadn't been on there for quite some time anymore, but I used to love it too! Great resource, wonderful ppl if you were stuck with questions or a reading. Great loss...
Old 13-08-2017, 10:45 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
The Aeclectic forums have gone?
Okay, I hadn't been on there for quite some time anymore, but I used to love it too! Great resource, wonderful ppl if you were stuck with questions or a reading. Great loss...

Unfortunately Kate was no longer able to keep it going (I think it was health issues that were the major factor).
It closed on the 14th of July although a lot of the sub forums are archived as read only so a lot of the learning resources are still readily available and the members are filtering on to other forums (you've probably noticed I'm here way more than I had been previously ).
And yes, it's the members that I'll miss the most. A great loss to the tarot community, but sadly, all good things must come to an end.

I don't think the deck reviews will even be updated anymore, which, in one aspect is a negative (they did great in depth reviews) and in another, a positive (I won't be so tempted to buy decks I really don't need).
Old 13-08-2017, 10:49 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose

Anyone have this one?

Nice deck and Schiffer Publishing always produce great quality decks. I remember seeing this on their website just before publication and found it intriguing, alas my wishlist is too big to realistically get every deck I desire.