Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-04-2018, 02:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Same. Sin; evil, are usually defined within a culture, social conditioning and priests who need to keep control of the people they rule. They also exist within one's personal morality. A sin to one person may be a virtue to another.

I'd be interest, can you give an example of this in modern day.

I can see that in ancient times for instance. How cultures use to sacrifice others for the reasons they did. That was that times consciousness (group). I was not there and it's hard to put myself in their shoes. Then consciousness changed a little and how cultures had insights about it yet couldn't stop the idea and though culture advanced without realizing couldn't stop and then sacrificed animals which was for the same reason though and just as wrong to do imo. For me, what sin is might remain sin regardless, not feeling comfortable that in one form it's not ok and in another form ok. The idea was ingrained and it becomes hard to say no. The intent was the same and just as bad. Today it's not done and I'd say considered a sin to do. Sin extends beyond culture and time and that's what makes it that something to be seen but unfortunately not at the same time. I'm thinking in terms of enlightenment and awakening. Does enlightenment and awakening mean anything as to what is suppose to happen. Excuses? Cause and effect? Aren't we suppose to know when to say no or maybe learn how to.

Last edited by lemex : 23-04-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Old 23-04-2018, 09:30 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I'd be interest, can you give an example of this in modern day.

Two straightforward examples.
1) The soldier whose job it is to kill if necessary. Refusing to do so could result in
Court Marshal and imprisonment. That same solder back in civvy street kills someone
would be imprisoned for murder.

2) The holy book of a certain religion contains instructions on how to deal with
the unfaithful and those of other religions if they refuse to convert. It comes
from on high. Those instructions demand death. If the order is disobeyed
the person is considered apostate and therefore warrants a death sentence.
This is the opposite from another religion in which killing a non-believer
out of hand would be considered the sin.

It's best I don't name the religions for diplomatic reasons but you probably
know to which I refer!