Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-04-2017, 01:21 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
In the Bible it does say that “the Kingdom of Heaven is within you.” In fact Jesus is quoted as saying such.
A lot of Christians say that they “want to be like Jesus,” and for me Jesus was the man and Christ was the
consciousness which he acquired; "Christ" is a title given to Jesus, so for me to be like Jesus I have to
reach for that divine consciousness and reaching for that divine consciousness often brings with it OBE's,
inter/intra-dimensional experiences, and, or NDE’s.

That consciousness is called by many names, and the word “Christ” derives from the Latin and Greek
designations for that divine consciousness. But there is a lot more to it than just reading “holy” books.
Spiritual literature is like a cook book recipe that if you want to follow you can prepare and eat a meal,
and no one can prepare or eat that meal for you. But you do not have to follow a cook book when
you want to prepare a meal.

The out of body experiences which I have had are so far removed from this world; it is like this physical life
appears as a faint dream and the feeling of love is so extremely strong, thick, and rich, with overwhelming bliss.
No pain, no suffering, and no drama. The OBE’s which I have had are more real to me then the experience of
living here on Earth in a human body. Still I choose to honor this physical life, honor my human body, and
see it through to its natural conclusion.
Starman, what you've said here resonates so well with me. Your last paragraph is nearly identical to my feelings concerning mine after my NDE. I'm not interested in seriously pursuing having an OBE, but if by chance I could ease into it some way, I would. You're fortunate to have come to being able to achieve them. I'm not so keen on attaining that ability because I feel I'm here just for the ride, and hopefully I'll cross over before too long.

The reality I experienced during my NDE, just like in your OBEs, is far more heightened than it ever has in this physical place. Also, I experienced a feeling of "wholeness". I can't remember what it felt like, but I remember experiencing it and thinking to myself "I feel WHOLE". Do you experience something like this in your OBEs?
Old 02-04-2017, 04:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Starman, The reality I experienced during my NDE, just like in your OBEs, is far more
heightened than it ever has in this physical place. Also, I experienced a feeling of "wholeness". I can't
remember what it felt like, but I remember experiencing it and thinking to myself "I feel WHOLE". Do you
experience something like this in your OBEs?
Definitely, I do experience a feeling of wholeness and complete fullness in my OBE's, but now that experience
of wholeness has accompanied me while I am in my human body although not to the extent that it does in an
OBE. That is why I say that my OBE's feel more real than life here on Earth.

Yes, I feel supremely blessed to have had these experiences and I did not seek them; in fact I freaked out the
first time I had an OBE and I was immediately put back in my body. The experience is so awesome, so mind-blowing,
with ecstatic beauty and an incredible feeling not experienced in a human body.

I believe it is the destiny of every human being to experience what I am trying, and failing, to describe. It is my
belief that all things come from that which I call "GOD," the source of our being, and all things must eventually
return to God. In fact we are already there as we can not truly separate ourselves from our source; it is just a
matter of waking up to what is and has always been, and embracing that divine connection which we already have.

No rush, it will wait for us; it has no choice but to wait for us; we are one with it whether we are conscious of
that or not. Love like we have never experienced before and unfathomable wisdom, among many other things.
A softness which surrounds me and all I can do is bathe in that pure love; it is our divine heritage. I could have
never imagined that such a thing existed before having that first OBE, but OBE's are not necessary to reach a
spiritual fullness, a feeling of spiritual wholeness, and OBE's are not something which I currently seek.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Definitely, I do experience a feeling of wholeness and complete fullness in my OBE's, but now that experience
of wholeness has accompanied me while I am in my human body although not to the extent that it does in an
OBE. That is why I say that my OBE's feel more real than life here on Earth.

Yes, I feel supremely blessed to have had these experiences and I did not seek them; in fact I freaked out the
first time I had an OBE and I was immediately put back in my body. The experience is so awesome, so mind-blowing,
with ecstatic beauty and an incredible feeling not experienced in a human body.

I believe it is the destiny of every human being to experience what I am trying, and failing, to describe. It is my
belief that all things come from that which I call "GOD," the source of our being, and all things must eventually
return to God. In fact we are already there as we can not truly separate ourselves from our source; it is just a
matter of waking up to what is and has always been, and embracing that divine connection which we already have.

No rush, it will wait for us; it has no choice but to wait for us; we are one with it whether we are conscious of
that or not. Love like we have never experienced before and unfathomable wisdom, among many other things.
A softness which surrounds me and all I can do is bathe in that pure love; it is our divine heritage. I could have
never imagined that such a thing existed before having that first OBE, but OBE's are not necessary to reach a
spiritual fullness, a feeling of spiritual wholeness, and OBE's are not something which I currently seek.
Thanks for the reply, Starman.
I'm in complete agreement that in this physical plane, there are those things that can be known and those that can't, and the ego has it's way of clouding the two. What's important is what we learn from our experiences. What the process is in learning isn't.
Fits me very well...!
Old 02-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
CrystalSong...Thank you for saying it so well...! Not only the part I highlighted, but the entire response is exactly in tune with what I've gleaned since having my NDE...which caused me to read and view dozens of accounts.
The reason I highlighted that part is because for me this reflects on the idea that our spirits/souls/consciousness is still influenced by the ego at least to some (?) degree when we have these experiences. As a result of listening to what the experienced have said about changes in their philosophies because of those experiences (not the specifics of what they saw) it makes sense to me it's only when the finality of the spirit/soul/consciousness is separated from the ego will it experience the reality of that dimension/place.

It's an interesting mixture of what is needed for a successful OBE. I'm talking conscious OBE's, not accidental one's. And ego is needed for the beginning and ending part. In the beginning to set the Intention to do an OBE and to set the destination for it, then it goes quiet and still, afterwards when the OBE is done the ego engages once and again and contemplates what was seen, felt and experienced and of course goes about labeling and describing and often slanting things and melding them together in some sort of cohesive experience. It can't help itself - it's sort of designed to interpret everything it can - it's biologically hardwired into it.
But the ego can't go OBE, only the Greater consciousness or eternal consciousness part can, the ego then translates what was seen/experienced into its own language.

One of the harder things to get our head around is that we are composite Beings, the Ego of course thinks it IS the totality of the Being, but it is only one part of several parts and different parts have different abilities. I believe when the body dies that some of what we experienced while in body is added to the over all Higher Self, all the pertinent parts and memories of strong emotions.
So when we NDE or OBE we still feel, like our self, or something very close to it - meaning or essential essence is unchanged. This is one reason people who NDE a and OBE loose their fear of death - they know due to having experienced it that they will persist as consciousness - just without a body, until they choose to move back into one again. Consciousness doesn't end though bodies come and go.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771
Can you tell me every reason you think it's impossible for ndes to be satanic deceptions
There is no satan. That's all.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771
Can you tell me every reason you think it's impossible for ndes to be satanic deceptions

Have you ever made a pact with the devil?
Old 11-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Seeker
Satan or the devil only exist for those who believe in them. Supernaturalism cannot exist in nature. Our sprit cannot be seen because it exists within us in an invisible form and it has the ability to interact with the spiritual existence.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:10 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
It's an interesting mixture of what is needed for a successful OBE. I'm talking conscious OBE's, not accidental one's. And ego is needed for the beginning and ending part. In the beginning to set the Intention to do an OBE and to set the destination for it, then it goes quiet and still, afterwards when the OBE is done the ego engages once and again and contemplates what was seen, felt and experienced and of course goes about labeling and describing and often slanting things and melding them together in some sort of cohesive experience. It can't help itself - it's sort of designed to interpret everything it can - it's biologically hardwired into it.
But the ego can't go OBE, only the Greater consciousness or eternal consciousness part can, the ego then translates what was seen/experienced into its own language.

One of the harder things to get our head around is that we are composite Beings, the Ego of course thinks it IS the totality of the Being, but it is only one part of several parts and different parts have different abilities. I believe when the body dies that some of what we experienced while in body is added to the over all Higher Self, all the pertinent parts and memories of strong emotions.
So when we NDE or OBE we still feel, like our self, or something very close to it - meaning or essential essence is unchanged. This is one reason people who NDE a and OBE loose their fear of death - they know due to having experienced it that they will persist as consciousness - just without a body, until they choose to move back into one again. Consciousness doesn't end though bodies come and go.
Makes a lot of sense, ChrystalSong. When that final severance of consciousness and ego has occurred, we'll know for sure. Makes sense to me that no one who's had a NDE, OBE or any other such experience has been completely free of the ego.