Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 29-07-2011, 05:30 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
yea I think I may have had small shifts without realizing that they were shifs, because at this time I knew nothing at all about all of this so called enlightenment stuff ?.

I don't think it even helps to know......my life these days is grounded firmly in nothing
Old 29-07-2011, 05:46 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
One view of history is that Science and Rationality emerges against the backdrop of the tyranny of the church (religious institution), but the pendulum swung to far, science has gotten away from studying our ordinary common experience. Now that Science is so specialized into the investigation of the invisible, men are left confused about how to understand their ordinary experience. This has become fuel for a revival in fanciful mysticism and religiosity. Any little tickle of the nervous system can get a cult following around it.

I think, especially with the internet and global communication, people are curious about what possible experiences are out there to be had. The problem is that they've left their common sense at the door and are taking people at their word and not checking to see if the person is lying or even speaking accurately and with understanding.

There are no institutions which teach people common sense and how to investigate one's experience through skeptical inquiry. Our public schools are more interested in pacification and uniformity, creating cogs for society.

I agree regarding the school system. Today they just seem content to box the kids in order for placement in the job market. The onus is back to the parents to see through the system & help the kids to do the same.

The other is very interesting though I take your point regarding the unbalanced nature of faith & science. But when you step back theres a pattern of collapse that appears to be appearing not only of systems & ideaolgies but the environment as well.

My feeling is that more & more people are trying to break the routine in reaction to what they see around them & questioning does arise. Mistakes & poor judgement will arise as well & a lack of common sense. But maybe this is a necessary part of shift in conciousness, maybe.
Old 29-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
I don't think it even helps to know......my life these days is grounded firmly in nothing
Nothing sounds nice to me...
Old 29-07-2011, 06:03 AM
not human

Mate I'm still finding my way, I'd dip the toe & pull it out & repeat... now I just can't find anything to grab on to but I think thats the idea...not to grab on....either way I just got my sense of humour back thats why I'm wearing it out at the moment :)
Old 29-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Mate I'm still finding my way, I'd dip the toe & pull it out & repeat... now I just can't find anything to grab on to but I think thats the idea...not to grab on....either way I just got my sense of humour back thats why I'm wearing it out at the moment :)
Yea when it clicks many do go into a fit of laughter, or even tears of joy, for no reason in particular.
Old 29-07-2011, 06:16 AM
Master
Quote:

Quote:
I am starting to hate the sound of the word E N L I G H T E N M E N T.
Which I don't think is a bad thing. Probably in the same spiritual bag as KILL YOUR IDOLS. As the more the carrot it shoved in your face, the more it starts to loose its flavour. Die carrot die!!!!
It seems the last couple of years we have had offers ot instant enlightenment coming from all quarters of the spiritual market place.
One that springs to mind is BIG MIND which I don't know much about but apparently Zen koans are used in such a way as to stimulate a liberation through confounding the mind. I have a slight understanding & appreciation of Koans but from an outside point of view the process appears contrived & shallow.
Or that could just be sour grapes having spent most of my life discovering through misadventure & not finding an easy way myself. I do wonder though if the term enlightenment is being used flippantly to describe any form of realization & shift of conciousness.
Anywho why do you think these avenues for instant enlightenment are appearing & do you feel there is any validity to them.
I personally don't have a experience of enlightenment & am not drawn to it. I did have it as a goal in my early days of meditation but realized that trying to instill any change was taking me away from acceptance.
If I don't get any postings here I can't blame you ...you are probably over it as well :)

Because they can.
Old 29-07-2011, 06:16 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yea when it clicks many do go into a fit of laughter, or even tears of joy, for no reason in particular.

I'll let you know on that :)
Old 29-07-2011, 06:18 AM
not human

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Because they can.
Isn't that from the dog joke NS
Old 29-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Isn't that from the dog joke NS

enlighten me (on that)....sorry, couldnt resist the pun lol
Old 29-07-2011, 06:27 AM
not human

But hang on in a Zen kind of way it comes together ....Q why do dogs lick their..........um tails? A Because they can ...almost as old as the horse walks into a bar joke