Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 14-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
*Within* the Sushumna there are nadis? What are those? Does Kundalini rise through them all equally?

i don't know too much about nadis, but they are the side channels from the shushumna. many people who experience shaktipat, get it activated through the ida or the pingala - not the same as the shushumna. it is through the shushumna that you want initial kundalini to open.

kundalini goes through everything, but once it's done, that does not mean you have reached yoga according to what i'm told.

in my experience, it's just best to rely and trust the Source of our direct connection to our real selves. you'll worry yourself crazy about kundalini and is it done, how much more, etc. not worth the worry.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 14-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Guide

Scarlett, now I'm kind of sorry I said anything, because I don't know very much at all about it. Actually nothing at all mystically, just what I've read.

Nadis are subtle nerve currents, varying in size, like branches down to twigs, and more or less an astral double of the physical nerve system, except they extend out to the end of the aura.

The sushumna is the main channel in the spine, and the ida (feminine) and pingala (masculine) wrap around it. Kundalini uses the sushumna.

The idea of 14 nadis helps to understand that there are 14 different valid paths, and yes, for different individuals, the kundalini would stay within one of these nadis, or in this case pathways for kundalinl. So it's like 14 different paths to the top, all valid. The greatness (to me) of this is that it gets rid of the idea that only one's own is the best or valid one. So within Hinduism (and most likely a few other mystical traditions included) there are several distinct yet great schools (sampradayas and/or paramparas) that all work.

I am absolutely no expert. Still I hope this helps in some way.
Old 16-12-2014, 01:04 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainamom
to get back to the obsession with deities incarnating, it is very important when the Creator incarnates in all forms to help all beings to become liberated. it is a wonderful time to be alive now. i'll leave you with that to ponder.

And if that never happens you'd have wasted your life waiting, and not doing. You'd have wasted it seeking, and not being. I feel that this very concept is so unimportant, that even an incarnated deity would find it bizarre that we wasted time obsessing over her return rather than bring out own heart to god and become a living emanation of light. It's important that you must act in this way, and not rely on the incarnation of an abstract concept in human form.

Wake up yourself, become liberated yourself and then you can help all beings become liberated. This is the whole point of the paths.

The literal idea of deities can result in incredible suffering when misunderstood. Imagine if one was to take Agni literally, that they had to burn their actual bodies alive to achieve liberation, or to burn their senses, or to burn actual animals in sacrifice still today. This would be awful and result in the very hell for beings that we would be trying to relieve from this world.

It's so important to really understand the message and point of these deities and characters to take what is there to be taken, to be finding the true treasure of these stories and messages.

I know we each have our own path, but Tainamom, what you say troubles me on the heart level, and for me the heart is my soul and how I listen to Paramatman.
Old 16-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
In my tradition we don't share personal experiences except with the Satguru.

Yes indeed at the end of the path, there is expansion. (or so I hear) .

In traditional orthodox Hinduism, kundalini is not sought after but is a natural outcome from years or lifetimes of daily sadhana and ethical practice. The goal is a permanent state, not bouts of temporary euphoria. My Guru once expressed it as 'I'm not interested how high you can go, but how low you can go." In other words, as we evolve, we actually can no longer go to certain areas of mind, like anger, pride, lust, fear, because the psychic seal has totally blocked the door at the muladhara. We can only live above that, as the subconscious has been totally reprogrammed. Encountering anything lower is just that, an encounter, like driving by a country scene, but not actually cognising or reacting to it at all.

Ganesha sits on the muladhara, and He is the controller/helper of all that. The great doorman, as it goes.
Can I ask where you got this information? I'm not very familiar with Hinduism.

You may or may not be interested in a post I made awhile back:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...hlight=Clarity

Specifically, after this part:

"I’ve become aware of a mechanism that exists in our subconscious mind that is fundamental, that operates before DNA mutation in the chain of causality. Since the mind is non physical, this mechanism is beyond the scope of observation and the scientific method. The only way it can be accessed is through meditation. When I talk about the spiritual journey, I’m talking about this pursuit. It is a progression that takes a significant amount of time and effort."
Old 16-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend
And if that never happens you'd have wasted your life waiting, and not doing. You'd have wasted it seeking, and not being. I feel that this very concept is so unimportant, that even an incarnated deity would find it bizarre that we wasted time obsessing over her return rather than bring out own heart to god and become a living emanation of light. It's important that you must act in this way, and not rely on the incarnation of an abstract concept in human form.

Wake up yourself, become liberated yourself and then you can help all beings become liberated. This is the whole point of the paths.

The literal idea of deities can result in incredible suffering when misunderstood. Imagine if one was to take Agni literally, that they had to burn their actual bodies alive to achieve liberation, or to burn their senses, or to burn actual animals in sacrifice still today. This would be awful and result in the very hell for beings that we would be trying to relieve from this world.

It's so important to really understand the message and point of these deities and characters to take what is there to be taken, to be finding the true treasure of these stories and messages.

I know we each have our own path, but Tainamom, what you say troubles me on the heart level, and for me the heart is my soul and how I listen to Paramatman.

Don't be troubled because within the incarnation, comes the gifts given to all beings. Be grateful and joyful because now is the time of complete fulfillment of the Creator's Will happening.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 16-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend

Friend,

As always, and as I re-read your passage, I see that you again have assumed things about me. Never once did I say I obsessed over the incarnation of the Creator. Never once did I say the message that they brought to us (at least in this lifetime, but not in others- then again, i've never been a model citizen in this lifetime too. hahaha) were not important at all. I only seek Truth and that Truth comes from the Creator. Again, do not let your heart worry you so much about others because in your heart, you are being led and directly so sweetly, so gently by our Beloved Creator. I do understand the worry of the heart because we want others to listen, but Creator really does take care of everything so completely, so gently, so lovingly. The Creator never fails his/her children. We are all the beloved children.

Peace be upon us all completely.

With love and light,
Tainamom

edit: ps, look at the title of your thread. sometimes it is *us* that have the issue that we complain the most about. it takes time to become aware of our own problems regarding "other people's problems." ;)

Last edited by tainamom : 16-12-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 28-12-2014, 09:15 AM
Ascender
'I'm not interested how high you can go, but how low you can go."

This is nice.