Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-10-2011, 11:25 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
I speak only for myself, I do not answer for God; I just read what he has to say.
But then.. you say:
Quote:
Hes going to heal all of humanity as a whole, at his designated time.
and..
Quote:
Oh God could stop the suffering now and explain himself to humanity
I am well-versed in scripture, i am not aware of 'God' saying these things.. you do assume to speak for, and on behalf of 'God', your manner of posting assumes to inform us of what 'you' believe 'God' means to say..

My question is this, why do you assume that the Judeo-Christian 'God' is any better that other versions of 'God'? why is there a 'chosen people' among the all peoples?

Be well..
Old 13-10-2011, 12:03 AM
mattie

Curious View Of Humanity

Quote:
For me, I believe our future is in the hands of God; if it were in our hands, then I know we would be doomed.

Seems to be a very dim view of humanity as well as taking a substantially disempowered position.

Organized religion often promotes that we are inept spiritually. Utter disinformation. We are very CAPABLE & full, respected partners w/ the Universe.
Old 13-10-2011, 12:13 AM
mattie

Organized Religion's View Of The Dynamics Between Us & The Energies Called God

The answer to the OP includes what do we view God as & how we view the Bible? The description of God sounds rather old testament.

That we are suffering & this is God’s plan to make us appreciate our being separated from him is classic organized religion stuff to convince us to feel inferior. That what is happening to us is out of our control & something we can’t comprehend is intended to encourage us to feel powerless & inept.

We are NOT separated from the higher energies, inferior, inept, unable to fathom spiritual/metaphysical issues, or powerless.
Old 13-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
We are NOT separated from the higher energies, inferior, inept, unable to fathom spiritual/metaphysical issues, or powerless.
You tell 'im, sistah!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-10-2011, 05:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi

My question is this, why do you assume that the Judeo-Christian 'God' is any better that other versions of 'God'? why is there a 'chosen people' among the all peoples?

Be well..

I do not believe in Judeo- christian beliefs, I have my own belief, and I walk alone in it. I believe there are many false gods, but only one true God, and he has chosen all of humanity to be his people. I need only one version of God, my own.
Old 13-10-2011, 05:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie

I totally disagree, we most defintely are seperated from God, thats why we make our own up. Or make ourselves gods, because the real God is not here. Humanity is inferior in some areas and doing well in others. We are inept in many areas and unable to understand true spirituality.

And in my view, we are powerless to change this world from that. And history is proof of all these things, if one is unable to see this now.

And this is exactly what God wanted.
Old 13-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Blaze

Quote:
I do not believe in Judeo- christian beliefs, I have my own belief, and I walk alone in it. I believe there are many false gods, but only one true God, and he has chosen all of humanity to be his people. I need only one version of God, my own.

Do you think why there are many 'false gods'? Human is a needy creature. From the moment we born till our last breathe we are in need of things. When you are 'in need' you ask for something, you demand something, you want something, and for this you will try the ways to get 'em. Humans to a very large extend (if I can say all) do not really care if an external being named God really exist our not as long as that God doesn't has to do anything regarding their needs. So God or Gods that you hear throughout history or now are in direct relation to 'the' human that speaks of them.

False gods (as you say) to many are not doing anything less than what the 'one and only God' does to many other people. You gotta look at what the certain people are demanding from the false gods or the only God.
Old 13-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
Do you think why there are many 'false gods'? Human is a needy creature. From the moment we born till our last breathe we are in need of things. When you are 'in need' you ask for something, you demand something, you want something, and for this you will try the ways to get 'em. Humans to a very large extend (if I can say all) do not really care if an external being named God really exist our not as long as that God doesn't has to do anything regarding their needs. So God or Gods that you hear throughout history or now are in direct relation to 'the' human that speaks of them.

False gods (as you say) to many are not doing anything less than what the 'one and only God' does to many other people. You gotta look at what the certain people are demanding from the false gods or the only God.

Well I agree with you somewhat, but as I said before, people tend to misjudge their deitys based on their own needs. Children do the same to parents. Its like saying to the false gods and the true God; okay, I'll believe in whoever supplys my needs and manifest itself to me;- And as you stated, what if both simply do nothing, who's to say which is true? Both seem to do more or less than the other. So it ultimately falls to the true God, to " Do something." And that is where much misunderstanding and unbelief comes in.

We have had prophets and preachers, teachers and religions by the thousands. Mediums and Spiritual movements, Atheism and so on; So in all this confusion, people just have to decide for themselves which way is up. And I have done that. I went after the best thing I could prove to myself; the best God that I could partly understand and believe in. The one who made sense of it all to me.

And although I am not christian and do not hold a need for any religion in my life; I like the bibles God personally, he explains the suffering best to me. I like his wisdom, and hold no need for religion and mediums and movements of men.

I am exploring him, because I do not yet know him. But I suffer and I wanted to know why. The whole world suffers and I wanted to know why. And I have seen some good answers in the bible, without having to go to some person or represenitive to guide me. I can walk through it myself.
Old 13-10-2011, 09:31 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Okay, but you didn't address the contradiction of your statements.. as for me, i am not convinced there is a 'deity God', so i just keep paying attention, but.. there is a mounting body of evidence that 'God' is just a character in the human's need to believe in something that saves them from themselves, and from the end of physical existence..

Be well..
Old 13-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Okay, but you didn't address the contradiction of your statements.. as for me, i am not convinced there is a 'deity God', so i just keep paying attention, but.. there is a mounting body of evidence that 'God' is just a character in the human's need to believe in something that saves them from themselves, and from the end of physical existence..

Be well..

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^