Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 28-06-2011, 04:01 AM
Experiencer
Meditation and the Younger Genearation, some tips

OOPs, accidentally posted this in the mediumship group.... well it started with an M like meditations... So here it is more where it fits..

Meditation and the Younger Genearation, some tips
This post was inspired by a new friend here,Ludovico...

Ok, you are interested in Meditation... and you are under 30 years old...

I've talked with a lot of younger folks about this and found that there is a pretty consistent theme.

\And that is difficulty Meditating.

Well you were brought up in a generation with video games blasting a hyper intense "reality" at you. The media strives to keep your heart pumping with adrenaline and your head cruising at a million miles a minute. 99% of the substances in grocery stores that some how can legally be labeled as "Food"...aren't...and these "foods" totally throw your whole neurological system into hyper drive trying just to cope with the freakin poisons... Not to mention all the Meds and antibiotics and vaccinations that we all were told are good for us, but in reality totally screw up any natural peaceful homeostasis that our bodies and mind might attain.
The whole system seems designed to keep you from experiencing Peace, or Heightened Awareness....or Enlightenment....

It's all too fricken hyper crazy.

Then some old dude like me comes along and tells you about what can be attained through meditation.

How The Incredible ecstatic Bliss of the Light of Oneness is Beyond anything you could ever experience in the day to day world... and how anything...ANYTHING is possible...
You can sit on the edge of Creation and look back in at the Web of Life....

It's just so much more incredible than any video game, or any thing you might experience in the Normal world....

So a lot of young folks hear what some old fart like me say's.... their lives have grown boring.....
all the stuff that used to Excite and keep them entertained, just don't hold a thrill anymore...

And that's because so many of you have reached that point in evolution where you are done with all the ego's collecting of definitions to define who you are....
and are now seeking to find out who you really are

beyond the ego's limited definition..

And this truth of who you really are exists before all that added **** ... sorry, stuff...that had hitherto defined you.... but now only hinders you.

So you find out that Meditation..and Contemplation are a Path back to who you really are,

a path back to Oneness..

And that blissful ecstatic Light sounds pretty freaking good too.
So you get a book, or listen to folks on the internet tell you how to sit quietly...
and just observe your thought.... and quiet your mind.....

And you do it...

well you try to do it, but your dang mind doesn't shut the frig up..

and your emotions (the other part that needs to be Quiet....)

are also running amok,

seeking that totally cool experience..

Where is all that cool stuff that old guy told you about....?

you sit and sit and nothing happens...

Right...

OK, here's the deal.

You've been hypnotized by chaos...

by loud, emotional, mental chaos.

That's the world you exist in

and are trying to escape...

Well here is part of the problem.

You are looking for that really cool, amazing experience that the books and that old dude told you

are the results to be gained from the meditation..

You are looking but nothing amazing,

nothing earth shattering, mind blowing, totally cool is happening at all....

your just sitting there,

getting horny or bored or tired or whatever.....

Well, here is the Thing,

Yes...the end result of any successful meditation is a Blissful ecstatic Oneness....

but that is not the Path there...

the Path,
the meditation
is the subtlest of things.

Now subtle is a concept your generation doesn't have a lot of understanding of....

they probably even took it out of the recent dictionary since subtlety is practically non-existent

these days....

But meditation is the most subtle of things...

the Path to Bliss is Quiet....

on all levels

The emotions, and mind must be totally still to experience that incredible Oneness.

I realize just how hopeless it can feel when you just can't sit in total quiet of mind and emotion for even a minute.....

So I'm going to make some suggestions of things you can do,

to make more progress in your meditation.

Another problem is there are literally thousands of different meditation and contemplation techniques out there...

most are totally valid paths....

but since the end result of all these different paths is Oneness with the Light of It All.....

My suggestions will be centered around just going straight to the destination....

Which is the Light, and The Sound (they are the same thing, only perceived differently.)

So, your goal is to get subtle...

to become aware of very subtle things...

The Light and/or the Sound.

Here are some techniques that make it much easier..

OK, for the Light:

Find yourself a closet, or an old refrigerator or stove box (that's what I used)...

or whatever it takes to get yourself in Complete and Total Darkness....

There can be Zero Light coming in.

Since we humans relate seeing to having our eyes open,

this works best with your eyes open.

Now sit in that dark place....

be as quiet as you can...

sort of look up into your forehead towards your third eye area,

putting your tongue on the roof of your mouth helps....

but don't over think any of this.

Now simply look into the darkness....

the Light is there..

Right in front of you....

Maybe like moving clouds.....

but it is OH so subtle......

and your brain say's,"total darkness = No Light."

Well, it's right there and it's very subtle.

Just let it be,
let it float by...
Realize you are not really seeing it as much as just being in it.

Let go into it.....

Just relax and let yourself go into it....

Difficulty arises here because the ego is very threatened by that Light,

and it will do whatever it can to distract you from it...

But just let it be...

be with it....

Let go into it......

and let It Be You.

it's as simple as that....

but it's in such a subtle frequency range that we are not accustomed to perceiving it....

But it's there.

Realize that at the heart of every atom,

is a power like the Sun up in the sky.

a brightness like that

in every atom within, and around you.....

In every single freakin thing.

It's a matter of connecting with the Subtle....

OK, some folks find this technique a little difficult,

but luckily there is a flip side to it.

Now here's that technique...

Closet again, or really barren room.....

what you need is nothing but White in your whole field of vision....

Sittin in a snowstorm...like that.

So all that is in front of you....is White..... Light

Now same thing with the third eye,

tongue on roof of mouth if that's not too distracting...

be quiet....

and let go into the Light....

.Let it be all there is....

Let your "self" dissolve in it...

Just keep lettin go until you no longer exist,

and there you are...

. in ecstatic blissful Oneness...

You'll know....

you will never forget and your life will totally change.

So that's a couple techniques for connecting to the subtle Path through the Light....
and to the Light

Now if you are more of an auditory person....

if listening is more how you grow....

Same kind of deal,

get some ear plugs so that you can hear nothing but what is going on on a vibratory level....

Listen to the sound you hear....

let go into it...

watch all the tricks your ego does to keep you distracted,

and keep returning to listening.

Then realize you are not listening with your ears....

You are feeling the sound....

and that sound is everywhere,

in every cell of your body....

in every cell of Creation...

And let go into it....

Well that's it for now.

With practice ,
your practice can bring reward....
but remove your expectations of earth shattering events,
mind boggling realizations....
incredible journeys....
because these just stop you from attaining those things, he he.

It is the most subtle that you seek....
and at the heart of the most subtle....
there is the power and Glory of all Creation.

But you can't get the cart before the horse.....

Learn subtlety...
Learn quiet....

And try not to ingest too much ****.. he he

That's all part of a conspiracy to keep you trapped in an illusion where you do not control your life....

Silence is your Ally

cultivate that.....

And escape the trap.
Edit/Delete Message
Old 28-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Master
this thread was really cool to read but I'm afraid your techniques escape me. well first, I don't want to sit in a closet cuz I don't have a good one at my disposal and would be afraid of spiders/bugs in it if I did. also no giant boxes.. must it be dark and must I be deaf? I suppose I could get some earplugs if I had to but it doesn't sound appealing to me.
I don't know anything really about this white light that is supposed to have intrigued me into meditating, I just thought I should be meditating in life but yes I can't make my brain stfu.. I did borrow a book once and did a sort of cleansing meditation that I think helped me to come to terms with the fact we aren't tainted, but I think it was the ideas and not the meditating itself that I think of when I think how it's helped me.. just saying, I have heard about white lights in a couple ways, just didn't hear about being one with it or whatever it is you're saying.. I think in order to help a wider range of novices you may want to do a little tweaking to your post. I am sorry for being so analytical, I imagine I'm a prime example of someone who needs meditation.. I just got excited about your thread and really enjoyed reading your post up til a certain point.. I guess there is a certain detail or concept that you maybe are assuming is clear or relevant to everyone? that maybe needs to be explained further in your viewpoint.. lol but I also would like to know if you have better advice for meditating say on my bed in my kind of dark room or outside in full daylight
I appreciate your sentiments about the generational poisoning and whatnot. do you think it's a governmental thing or what?
ok sorry for nitpicking and being difficult, thank you for this post it has a lot of value.. perhaps I was just expecting something different as I've spent maybe 10 minutes "consciously" meditating in my life
Old 28-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Ludovico

"I realize just how hopeless it can feel when you just can't sit in total quiet of mind and emotion for even a minute....."
Just an hour ago I was trying to just stare at the black from my eye lids but I couldn't get this darned song out of my head (wich is cool anyway, I love the song but not the moment!!) and I was thinking precisely that. Not even a minute hehe

Thanks Jeff, I feel humbled from your remarks. I did nothing more than pose some questions to someone whose words I resonated with. They did yet again this time and I totally dig what you're saying about the light and sounds from meditation. It's exactly that, emotional chaos. I need to calm the heck down, deprive all my expectations and just deal with anything that comes with naturality and try my best to "dissolve" my self in it (good term there).

Subtelty... That will be the keyword for my following attempts.

Sapphirez, I don't think it really matters where or how you do it because sometimes I get caught by surprise in the weirdest positions wich unfortunately were just that, surprises. If I want to control it and create the situation myself, I try to pitch black the room and reduce the sounds the most, so I can get the least distracted as possible with anything other than my own body.
Old 28-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Experiencer
Hey Sapphiriz, Ludovico,

You certainly don't need to crawl into a closet or box or plug your ears..... but here is the reason.
It's your mind that you are up against...
And what is one of the biggest obstacles is that every step of the way your mind is defining your expereince... That defining is an obstacle.
So, you mind is 100 positive that you can't see Light in the Darkness, so whatever light you do see is coming from somewhere else (same with The Sound)... So the point of being in complete and total darkness is a way to shut your fricken mind up when it's trying to say that the Light you see is coming in from under the door, of from the clock...or whatever... Like I say it is an exercise in Subtly. The Light you see starts off just barely noticeable... and once again your mind is there telling you that it's not possible for there to be light here...because it's total darkness... so like the Indians who could not see the Sails and ships of Columbus because it didn't fit in their definition of the world.... you are struggling against yours which say's,"there is no Light in total darkness"...
But there is.... and the technique is sort of a trick you play so you can get past your mind (the whole point of meditation)... That's why it's also good to have the suggestion placed there that I gave of how in the heart of every cell there is a Light like the Sun.... because there is....we just aren't normally operating at the frequency able to perceive it...

The Light does not have to be your goal.... so many benefits come from Just shutting your mind and emotions down.... this is the place all inspiration comes from..... this is "The Present"... This is Reality.
Hey Ludovico, did I ever finish telling you the name of that translation of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali... It was, "this is Reality, By Roy Eugene Davis"....

The Light is what we experience when we are in a state of "Cosmic Consciousness" as it used to be called.... The term EnLIGHTenment didn't come by that name by mistake. The purest state a human can achieve is this Light.... and once experienced your life changes, because no other human experience even comes close....plus it has a way of changing you. It refines you... It burns up a lot of ****, it balances your chakras, it heals problems in your physical, astral, and etheric body's... When you see pics of Jesus and other Saints, their "Halo" is a representation of this Light. When we view humans auras they are all sorts of different colors.... depending upon the state of their physical, astral,and etheric bodies.... But once those are all aligned and purified.... the aura, the Halo, is White. And I have to say here though my reasons might not be apparent.... but this Light, is not Light as opposed to Dark.... It is not part of that duality...It contains it.

And as far as the Planetary effort at Dumbing down the population and turning them into sheep....or dead. I would not say it's a governmental thing per se, but the Government certainly becomes the tool of those whose desire this is..... Fluoride in the water is a perfect example. They know for a fact that it does not help your teeth ingesting it, only topical application help. They know for a fact it harms your teeth, your bones and does all sorts of damage to a humans body. It's the ingredient in Prozac that "calm" a person down. Hitler used it in the concentration camps to make the folks there docile. In fact it was him or Goebbels(sp) that said that if,"you want to control a population, put fluoride in their water". In the US almost 70% of the population has it in their drinking water and major bottled water companies are putting it into bottled water now.... They know it makes kids dumber...they know it has no positive use....and yet there it is, poisoning almost 70% of the population on an ongoing basis. Same with the Chlorine in water. Two of the most toxic substances on the planet... in the drinking water. Same with vaccinations.... more harm than good, by a really freakin long shot.
So it's good to make yourself aware.... My wife and I don't eat anything processed....all our food that we don't grow or raise ourselves we get from folks we know who do. All our meat and veggies are organic and non GMO... There's another one. GMO's they know how these will drastically thin out the population in a couple of generations, and there are about 0 processed foods that don't contain GMO's.

Another thing that can help gain a meditative state is movement, exercise in nature. It's a lot easier to stfu when you are active. A really cool one I used to do is this.
Go for a walk..... let your eyes relax to the point where you see everything that is in your field of vision...all at once. We humans with our minds have a habit of focusing on this or that element that is in front of us because we have to be constantly defining our experience to ourselves. But if rather that focusing on this and that.... you focus on everything in front of you...all at once. You can get pretty frickin High. It can feel odd, almost like your eyes are crossed... In fact some spiritual disciplines state that to see auras you need to cross your eyes a bit.... but that's not really correct. Think about this.... you have 2 eyes... but only see 1 image. Perfect example of the mind at work, defining things. But when the mind is quiet, each eye sees a separate image and there is no mental consolidation into one image. I think Don Juan said that where we can "see" things, is in between the two images. I know for me to see Fairies and certain entities, I have to be seeing in this fashion.
See everything in front of you all at once....don't limit it down... And keep walkin.... It's a great meditation and you don't need a box or closet. he he...or earplugs.
Ludovico, You got it...
Old 28-06-2011, 04:57 PM
whathebleepdoweknow

Hi Jeff, I really enjoyed reading your post, man would it have been helpful to have a spiritual mentor like you about four years ago when I first sat down on my bed with the intent to meditate. At that point I had almost no idea what it actually meant to meditate, having only heard about it as something one did while in the lotus position in order to reach enlightenment. I had just finished an amazing book entitled "Masters of the Far East" that I highly recommend by the way, which motivated me to get in touch with something deeper than my ego. So I tried. I found lotus position to be most uncomfortable and if my body was uncomfortable that was the main focus of my mind, so I got comfortable and nothing happened except a whole bunch of chatter. So I tried again with spiritual mantras or hemisync tracks playing through noise canceling headphones, then in my closet with all light blocked off and the noise canceling headphones on but nothing playing. Still I had little success quieting the surface mind. Finally I talked to my husband who had already been meditating for several years about it and we tried sitting comfortably together and saying "aaaahh-uuuuoommm" which is different than just saying 'om', its like well to quote Wikipedia, "Aum is pronounced in three sounds - A (aaa) , U (ooooo) and M (mmmmm)" This produced an amazing vibration within me that seemed to naturally still the chaos and introduce tranquility. It helps me when I meditate alone or with my husband and I personally would credit it with 'opening the door to the path towards enlightenment'. Well there is much more I would love to say here but this is my first post on these forums and I wouldn't want to make it way too lengthy although I may already have.
Love and light,
Fatimah
Old 28-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Master
so you mean to use the darkness/quiet as training wheels and then once we've been able to reach the basic level of meditation, having reached that level will make us better able to deal with finding out how to quiet the noise and stuff on our own?

hmm I think that the government is definitely behind it... as they are the main power source in the world or the US anyways and if it wasn't their intent, then an establishment as powerful as the government wouldn't just fall to the whims of "whoever" else" just because of whatever tawdry reason.. they have to be the powerhouse and are invested in the malcontent..
woahh flouride harms your teeth and bones??
My friend Fatimah here, ^^ I met on facebook and she actually told me about how bad flouride is a few months ago.. She has taught me many other things too.. I guess I started on my spiritual journey because of her.
I told her about this forum before but I mentioned your thread yesterday to see what she thought about your ideas and voila here she is :)
I guess I am only mildly interested in meditation.. perhaps it's not my time yet or perhaps it's not for me, I don't know.. but most likely I already have a list of things I know I need to address and I don't think they can be addressed with meditation so I have some healing to do before I can get to that point..
Old 28-06-2011, 09:12 PM
eternal mind

What a nice thread. it resounds in me, I just started meditation and just kind of jumped into it, I thought the variety of practices were too confusing and left too many scenarios in my head to choose from and when I would flash through them and pick one, it felt more distracting than conducive, since more than anything I'm trying to eliminate the word imagine from my head when I meditate (in waking too, I tend to think myself out of my experiences, not healthy). but overall my point is that I tried this method that you speak of more or less, from the auditory standpoint and tuned into this ring/hum.. I triy to hear past it, and absorb everything as a whole. this ringing, is that what you were talking about? opinions please and thank-you.
Old 29-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Aquarian

Great post. I am somewhat over 30 but still an instant gratfication seeker.

I came across the white light whilst trying to tunnel through the third eye. I merged with it repeatedly over a few days, leaving worldly cares behind temporarily.

This effect was similar to what Yogananda describes but not the method - which left me puzzled. I suspect they are distinct phenomena.
Old 29-06-2011, 04:30 AM
Experiencer
What does Yogananda describe?
Wasn't he Kriya Yoga?
I think it is the same thing....
Only you can look at it from a couple angles (at least)
The Light that is the Path
and the Light that is the destination..
I'm wondering if Yogananda , if he was about Kriya which for some unknown reason I think he was....
Then maybe why you are puzzled is that in Kriya
there is the Light that you travel from within your spine....
and out, into
The Light.

And the Light that is the destination of the travels.

But really it turns out, they are the same Light.

What was Yogananda's method....?

Was it Kriya?

I've done that, at least what for some reason I think is Kriya...

It's amazing, in fact I've come to the conclusion that a variation of it is a superior method of Meditation....
Let's call it Kriya simplified...

And like you Aquarian, the pathway would simply be a direct one through the third eye and into the Light....
I mean ....... hmm, I suppose doing it right has it's merits.
When you are opening up that window,
It's a good idea to have your room cleaned up pretty well
otherwise when the light shines in
you are going to have a lot of distractions
looking you in the face.... difficult to get beyons
and the beauty of Kriya is that it clears the room in the process of opening the window...

Contemplation upon the Light in the spine as a thin hair ...passing through and up... expanding outward in size until it encompasses Eternity...
Is that what he was into... is that Kriya.?

Tell me more about your experience, I've only come across a few folks who have, and it's really nice to find a person who knows what the heck you are talking about....
I talk about ,"going into The Light" and folks just get a blank stare on their faces.....
And as you know there is no way to adequately explain it.

"It's kind of like merging with the Totality of Creation."
"Oh that's nice dear, do you need to take some kind of pill?"

No, but one person in the freakin universe who knows what I'm talking about...

That'd be nice...
Old 29-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Ludovico

Quote:
Hey Ludovico, did I ever finish telling you the name of that translation of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali... It was, "this is Reality, By Roy Eugene Davis"....
Yes you did, but not the author's name. I eventually found out after you told me about the book, so I've stumbled upon two good links on amazon...

<I had originally posted the links here but I need to get to 15 posts count to insert actual links... I'll edit this later then>

Though I'm not sure I'm going to order them (fair prices imo) because it would be weird for the peeps in my home seeing me order these kind of books... (ohh such perversity!! just kidding) Should I just face it an be open about it? One less barrier for me to bother with... Either that or I'll just check on local libraries to see if they have any.
~~

Anyhoo, today I've made some attempts again. Once I've started to subtly cath an area of a "lesser" dark light in the center view, I started feeling the nice shivers around my spine, head and arms as usual. Not the kind of vibration you feel inside after passing the "sound" phase, just cool shivers as I saw strange forms of strings and dots in the periphery of my view. That was it. Then my ego started yelling to move and I eventually lost patience and decided to quit since everytime I do this (and eventually try to pull out my "inner juice" to accelerate the thing), I turn really hot and sweat a lot. It's discomfortable after a few minutes..