Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 14-04-2017, 01:50 AM
Guide
Red face Anyone here like shoegaze/dream pop music?

I've gotten into this type of music since my early 20's. Just wondering if anyone else likes this kind of style of music? I have a open mind and I'm enjoying this type of style a lot. Not to long ago I discovered about Boards Of Canada. Different style of music and I'm enjoying it a lot! A friend of mine introduced me to them and now I can't stop listening to them.

Boards Of Canada:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaJn3QqiIUc&t=41s

Shoegaze/Dreampop mix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBAnse49Su4
Old 09-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
A friend who is even more well-versed in music/bands/genres than I am, told me the duet Mazzy Star is considered to be in the, 'shoegazer-style'. It's true that vocalist, Hope Sandoval, often looks downward as she sings and she possesses a rather 'distant' demeanour while performing. Anyway, I LOVE Mazzy Star -- they are a favorite band of mine and have been since the early 90s. You may be familiar with their break-out song, "Fade Into You."
Old 09-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Suspended
I used to. I remember listening to boards of Canada over ten years ago. :) ♡
Old 13-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Master
ill try 2 hav lison i will

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 22-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Guide
A friend of mine introduced me to Boards Of Canada and I love Mazzy Star. This music really helps me and makes me happy. It uplifts me and I actually smile as I'm listening too. Another favorite kind of music I enjoy is New Age music and meditation music.

Music itself has always been very important to me and I love speaking to others who enjoy music.
Old 22-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Suspended
I never even heard of this genre before i listened to a bit of it, and some other songs of it on youtube, it sounds alright. thanks 4 showing me it.
Old 27-09-2017, 01:18 AM
Guide
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
I never even heard of this genre before i listened to a bit of it, and some other songs of it on youtube, it sounds alright. thanks 4 showing me it.

You're welcome. It's not for everyone I guess. I do like sharing music with people though and seeing what others enjoy listening too.