Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Guide
I think psychoslice meant that we give a purpose to life, life doesn't come with one. So realizing you give purpose to your life results in the realization that you never really needed one.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMont Cranston
Internal Queries, Why are you getting up this morning? Because getting up and doing things, whatever they happen to be in your life (i.e. feeding animals), is more compelling that staying in bed. From the point of view of who you are, you have identified things you want to do, and getting up is required for you to do those things. It's not because you "need" to do those things; it's because your life is better, on your terms, because you do them.

You can come to the conclusion that you have a "greater purpose" as part of the human species, but, at the very minimum, you can and do formulate your own set of goals, wishes, desires, etc.

I have been down this path in my own life, and many of us look upon having a purpose as part of an ongoing journey. In my case, my purpose is to live the best life that I can on my terms. That means deciding to be more kind and loving rather than being vengeful and filled with hate.

Funny thing, but it turns out that there are many others who have had very similar experiences and who have come to very similar conclusions about who they are and why they are here. If you want to blame "imaginary friends" or anybody/anything else for the fact that you are bored and can't find anything meaningful, it's your problem, not theirs. There are some things in life that we have to figure out for ourselves...or not.

Being "self honest" can be a very freeing and uplifting experience. Perhaps you are not being as honest with your self as you would like to believe. Simply telling yourself that you are being honest doesn't make it so.

yeah yeah yeah and **sigh**. i'm self honest enough to admit that there's nothing special about me. my life, my work, my silly angsts and pleasures **shrug** no purpose to any of it, especially when i know billions of other humans are doing similar things.

and i don't blame my imaginary friends for anything. how can they be to blame for anything when chances are they're just a product of my subconscious? they're encouraging and they can be entertaining sometimes but they're probably just imaginary, even though i'd like it very much if they were real.

in what way am i being dishonest with myself? if i wasn't self honest i could build an ego around some spiritual "purpose in life" and feel special.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
when i realized i had no special purpose in life i became quite bored. now what am i suppose to do(?), especially since even my imaginary friends/guides/whatevers can't convince me there's truly anything meaningful about me or my life. i'm just one of 7 billion humans milling around a tiny dirtball spinning in space. **shrug**

being self honest can really suck sometimes.
You poor thing.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Ah but what if you've experienced evidence that leaves you in no doubt there is a purpose?

I don't mean necessarily individual purpose but purpose to existance, why humanity as a whole exists. When someone realises that life takes on a different meaning and freedom is found but in a new way.
There is no purpose, just do what you want, how much more freedom do you want ?.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
when i realized i had no special purpose in life i became quite bored. now what am i suppose to do(?), especially since even my imaginary friends/guides/whatevers can't convince me there's truly anything meaningful about me or my life. i'm just one of 7 billion humans milling around a tiny dirtball spinning in space. **shrug**

being self honest can really suck sometimes.

Hi IQ, (High IQ..get it! Lol)
What isn’t imagination? Imagine purpose and you shall have it. Life is a blank canvas…..an empty cup.
Paint it with your hearts desires and fill it with your highest goals and behold, life will present itself as the purpose that you give it!
It's magical and simply amazing the sheer power in this emptiness that I see as a blank canvas.
The “need” to find purpose in life can be our way of filling a “need” to be special.
The thing is, we are special, and we are because we create life with every breath and every thought.
What greater purpose or responsibility..what greater excitement is there than being the author of life itself!
“Together”………we are unstoppable!
Blessings friend…I pray that you re-find the exitement of your life………(I just dropped in because your “cry” moved me)
James
Old 07-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
I think psychoslice meant that we give a purpose to life, life doesn't come with one. So realizing you give purpose to your life results in the realization that you never really needed one.
Yes that's it, because who is making life a purpose ?, the ego of course, the ego gets very bored if it doesn't have a purpose.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:06 PM
LaMont Cranston

Internal Queries, OK, so are you self honest enough to admit that you have an ego anyway? It's pretty obvious that you do, and it appears that where your ego has taken you is to a place where that self honesty has you believing that being self honest sucks and that you are living a meaningless existence. Gee, ain't life grand?

In your post, you throw in a couple of terms that you just assume to be true. Years ago, I was talking to a friend and teacher, and we were talking about the self-conscious. He said "Are you aware that there is absolutely no proof that the sub-conscious even exists?" I had never thought about it before, but after I examined what he had said, I had to consider the very real and unproveable possibility that we are conscious all the time.

You also say that those things that some of us have found to be extremely real are "probably just imaginary." Your use of the word "probably" means that you really don't know, do you? For some reason(s), you have temporarilly arrived at a number of conclusions about why you exist and the nature of reality. If you'll go back over your life, you will find that you have arrived at many other conclusions about the way you think that things might be, and many of those things prove to be incorrect, or, at the very minimum, totally unproveable.

OK, see you later...
Old 07-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
There is no purpose, just do what you want, how much more freedom do you want ?.

Do what I want with no consequences would be nice.

What can you do for me.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman

Hey, I already did that gag in the welcome section WS, hehehe.

InQy will back me up. Nice try though.

That's why I go there really,to get the gags out early.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
What isn’t imagination? Imagine purpose and you shall have it. Life is a blank canvas…..an empty cup.
Paint it with your hearts desires and fill it with your highest goals and behold, life will present itself as the purpose that you give it!
It's magical and simply amazing the sheer power in this emptiness that I see as a blank canvas.
The “need” to find purpose in life can be our way of filling a “need” to be special.
The thing is, we are special, and we are because we create life with every breath and every thought.
What greater purpose or responsibility..what greater excitement is there than being the author of life itself!
“Together”………we are unstoppable!
Blessings friend…I pray that you re-find the exitement of your life………(I just dropped in because your “cry” moved me)
James

(((Laz))) it's true what you say and for some periods of time i'm just as you say and then ...

and then ... i don't know. i sit in my skull and look at that blank canvas like a writer with writer's block looks at a blank page. nothing is real. i mean ... nothing is the only thing (nonthing?) that's real. the nothingness swallows me and the word "me" becomes meaningless. "i" don't really exist. it's all an illusion and "i" walk around in this body feeling kinda stupid for existing as an illusion.

my imaginary friends hate it when i get like this. they complain that i fade out which distorts the connection, that i'm stalling the progress of our gestalt and making it extremely difficult for them to believe in my existance. lol isn't that funny? my imaginary friends questioning MY existance. LOL