Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 23-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Knower

Question Why Do I Feel Better When I Eat Very Little?

I have noticed that when I am very busy, very focused on something I tend to not want to eat and can last with coffee until the end of the day. I have noticed that I feel unusual clarity of thoughts, my mind is very focused, I am more aware of things happening around me. Making movements gets easier, I walk faster because I feel light. Fitness and exercising is easier too and there is less resistance that I experience when I am contemplating to exercise. I also get more things done and feel happier at the end of the day.

Once I started noticing this about myself, I started drinking coffee with added MCT oil where each cup which allows me to last without food as long as 6-7 hours. There was a period of time where I lasted only on 2 cups of coffee throughout the day for a week or two. Despite losing weight I felt like a superhuman, figuratively speaking.

Why does food have such an effect in me? It's like by eating more I get more grounded and tied to this 3rd density, 4th dimension but when I eat less, it's like I start losing mass, get lighter and my connection with higher self gets closer as I receive improved state of mind, creativity, clarity, thinking, awareness, mood etc. Of course I still eat when it gets very uncomfortable, like when I start feeling weakness in my body and a bit of dizzy if I start pushing the limits.

Does anyone here feels same? Did you have similar experience?
Old 27-08-2016, 04:28 PM
Experiencer
I have exactly this same reaction, it's part of why I occasionally do an all-day fasting of just water or tea. I find that on those days - especially when I prepare myself by planning in advance to do it that day - I have no hunger pangs. I had one three-day weekend where I was at a convention and so high on life from it that I had to remind myself to eat, drink, and sleep. I felt no hunger, thirst, or tiredness, or apparently pain since I discovered later I had a toe that was bleeding. I know there are many people who fast for the same reasons, that they feel an enlightened sort of mentality when they do it; Buddhists have done it in pursuit of enlightenment, and some Native American tribes for Vision Quests. I've gotten to the point of eating very little since I feel better, and I have a few theories:
First, the biological one. Blood moves towards the stomach for digestion after eating, which would mean there's less blood flow to places like the brain and muscles. It's what causes a "food coma", especially after heavy meals like Thanksgiving and other meaty foods. Since blood is important for energy, it would make sense someone would feel more energetic and uplifted if they were getting that blood to their brain that would normally be used in digestion. There's also a bit more energy used for digestion than just blood, but I don't know enough about what that specifically comes from to know whether or not it applies here.
Secondly, during fasting - and part of why it's healthy to do - is that the energy and blood that would normally be expended in digestion is now free to do other things like healing and detoxifying. I would speculate that as toxins are lifted out of cells during this cleansing process, it likely sort of defrags the body and makes it easier to move around in.
Thirdly, from a spiritual standpoint food - especially meats, carbohydrates, dairy, and a fair amount of sugar - is very earthy energy. I definitely feel more grounded after eating, and feel bogged down when I eat alot of earthy foods. It makes a noticable difference in my ease of meditation.

It's a fine line to walk, since I'm trying to balance eating little for the sake of that feeling and weight loss with eating enough for nutrients and remaining healthy. I would say that since you eat when it feels uncomfortable, you're on a good path. Just remember to stay safe and make sure you get enough nutrients.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 27-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Why, I'm drinking org coffee right now with coconut oil...of course, I
read the whole book 'KetoClarity'...
The brain loves fat as a fuel rather than glucose...
I am in ...well...not in Heaven ....but feel incredible!
Hours without the thought of food.

GREAT post, Crystal Ambassador!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi,
One reason for this can be rapid shift of blood from all parts of our body including our brain, to the digestive system especially when we eat after a period of time. This makes some people feel dizzy, tired and ..
I hope it helps
Old 30-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Guide
The body expends a lot of energy on digestion, based on what you eat! And if you have allergies to certain foods, don't realize it, and continue eating them, that can cause fatigue as well.

I am like you also, I don't eat a lot if I'm busy and my body can just keep go-go-going. I also read about how advancing on your spiritual journey causes your body to need less earthly nourishment...reminds me of the people who "eat" the sun!

Also, some days, no matter what I ate, I would automatically feel like I needed a nap. It had to do with allergy-inducing foods and energy needed to digest those foods, histamines causing fatigue, etc.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:39 AM
Experiencer

It also sounds like you drink a lot of coffee. So do I. Which is a stimulant, and like most stimulants, it reduces appetite while temporarily boosting energy and focus. But we also gotta eat. The human body requires anywhere from 1300-2500 calories a day, and the brain uses about a whole fourth of that. Just a thought.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Ambassador
Secondly, during fasting - and part of why it's healthy to do - is that the energy and blood that would normally be expended in digestion is now free to do other things like healing and detoxifying. I would speculate that as toxins are lifted out of cells during this cleansing process, it likely sort of defrags the body and makes it easier to move around in.

I heard that detoxification normally happens at night as body tries to get rid of toxins by secretion through skin. I later found video on YouTube that emphasized importance of rubbing your skin with natural sponge with water when showering early in the morning (no soap whatsoever) as it cleanses toxins left on the surface of your skin allowing body to "breathe" entire day. I must try it...

Quote:
Thirdly, from a spiritual standpoint food - especially meats, carbohydrates, dairy, and a fair amount of sugar - is very earthy energy. I definitely feel more grounded after eating, and feel bogged down when I eat alot of earthy foods. It makes a noticable difference in my ease of meditation.

I thought being grounded is a good thing. Is it not? When kid, I remember seeing cartoons where teacher was telling "You are grounded!" to a student who failed the lesson taught or did something wrong... Usually teacher would put a hat on him with "Dunce" written on it...

Quote:
It's a fine line to walk, since I'm trying to balance eating little for the sake of that feeling and weight loss with eating enough for nutrients and remaining healthy. I would say that since you eat when it feels uncomfortable, you're on a good path. Just remember to stay safe and make sure you get enough nutrients.

You are right and it ain't easy for me. I think it got worse as I developed something like binge eating. I noticed that earlier I was managing to eat 3/4 and even 2/4 of a meal and walk away with no resistance. But with time I started losing control and I tend to overeat. I remeber how I was able to eat full bowl of salad 2 hours before bed at 10:00PM feeling good but today I feel that I can't fall asleep without eating almost full and go to sleep at 00:00. I try to eat apples and nuts and avoid eating normal food and processed foods before night. I noticed that by eating full I am able to turn off very soon after going to bed but since it's 00:00 and can even be 01:00 I tend to feel "heavy" in the morning and wake up hour later than I normally did before 5:30AM

I think it's my environment and quality of life that affected this. Maybe I need to speak to dietitian or just need a vacation. I messed heavily with my circadian rhytm by not staying consistent going to bed. One day it can be 11:00PM, another 00:00 and another 01:00. I heard the earlier you go to sleep before midnight the better you feel. After 10:00PM it is your mind that starts resting, after 23:00 it is your soul and body. Going sleep past 00:00 would mean it's only my body that gets enough time for recovery? Well it looks like so becuse my memory got worse and I feel my IQ deteriorated too. Add to that depression I have since teenage years and it gets worse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Why, I'm drinking org coffee right now with coconut oil...of course, I
read the whole book 'KetoClarity'...
The brain loves fat as a fuel rather than glucose...
I am in ...well...not in Heaven ....but feel incredible!
Hours without the thought of food.

GREAT post, Crystal Ambassador!

It feels good without food but I think I have developed attachment to food. I noticed when I am depressed I tend to overeat. I tend to get fixated on food and after a few minutes of starting I feel it becomes automatic as my body operates on autopilot and it's hard to stop it. After this happens I have to perform intensive exercise lasting 1 hour the next morning and exercise throughout the day too. This helps me as a form of punishment for my body due to overeating.

I thought I have attained good mastery over myself but I still have to work on myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacereflex
Hi,
One reason for this can be rapid shift of blood from all parts of our body including our brain, to the digestive system especially when we eat after a period of time. This makes some people feel dizzy, tired and ..
I hope it helps

Yes, it does. I heard that some people have issue with pressure that normally should be evenly spread out and operate throughout body while most blood is concentrated in the core for digestion but in some people it is not, causing drowsiness and dizziness. I think this symptom is called Postprandial Hypotension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
The body expends a lot of energy on digestion, based on what you eat! And if you have allergies to certain foods, don't realize it, and continue eating them, that can cause fatigue as well.

I recently took a few bites of vermiselli with cheese because I was asked to try it and soon after felt very drowsy. I can't really say I overate but I was not very hungry.

This was a hot summer and I noticed same thing after drinking 1-2 glasses of soda but in adition felt tired. It was normal soda with mint flavor and while I haven't seen aspartame and other taste conditioners, I am sure they put some **** into it. I heard that the least malevolent type of soda to your body is Seltzer soda.

Quote:
I am like you also, I don't eat a lot if I'm busy and my body can just keep go-go-going. I also read about how advancing on your spiritual journey causes your body to need less earthly nourishment...reminds me of the people who "eat" the sun!

Yea, I heard someone on YouTube commenting that he needs less and less food and soon will not be dependent on food for nourishing the body because there is a sun that will keep body nourished. Is this the part of metaphysical prophecy that says that DNA will be changing and our cells will crystalize and eventually we our bodies will convert from material to light?

Quote:
Also, some days, no matter what I ate, I would automatically feel like I needed a nap. It had to do with allergy-inducing foods and energy needed to digest those foods, histamines causing fatigue, etc.

Yes, this happens to me too but I think it could be due to my inconsistent circadian rhythm. Could also be because of weather changes, specifically barometric pressure. I eat some foods containing gluten but I don't think I am allergic to it. Do you know how to test for food allergies? I undergone a test where clinician injects potential allergy causing foods to your hand and areas that get red indicated positives. I found found positive for oranges and dust but how can you possibly be tested for spaghetti, bread, eggs, milk etc.? Is it done same way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSun
It also sounds like you drink a lot of coffee. So do I. Which is a stimulant, and like most stimulants, it reduces appetite while temporarily boosting energy and focus. But we also gotta eat. The human body requires anywhere from 1300-2500 calories a day, and the brain uses about a whole fourth of that. Just a thought.

You are right and my eating patterns kind of worry me sometimes. Before I started overeating I was forcing myself to starve and ony ate after completing certain task in my job. several times it was until would feel dizzy and weak until almost fainting. I drank coffee and ate something light like joghurt in the morning at 5:00AM and didn't eat anything until 1:00PM. Sometimes I would not eat until 4:00PM

Then my routine changed and I ate at 12:00PM and then at 5:00PM and sometimes in salad in the evening. However I would also exercise 3 times per day, in addition to weight training in the morning. Sometimes I would not eat afternoon so it would be 2 times per day.

I am wondering about health safety in terms of diabetes and stomach discomfort. I will be undergoing medical tests.
Old 27-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Pathfinder

I feel the same, when I have a lot of work to be done, I am better off without food at all, I am energetic, fast and with a good reaction. The moment I sit and eat, I don't want to work anymore and all my energy is gone (((
Old 30-09-2016, 06:04 AM
Guide

Yes, I have experienced this as well! I think that is because our bodies spend some energy on digestion and if we overeat, we feel sleepy
Old 05-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Experiencer

I feel the same. I don't like to eat much, so i eat the food that i like the most and when i want to.