Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 25-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods.lighe.houria
you asked a very good question
I'm born as a Muslim but I never stopped asking questions like : why should I worship a God who’s threatening me all the time, but I didn’t stop until I came to find the truth that God never did that. All that fear & violence didn’t come with Islam or any other religion, it came from the bigotry of those imams

Very well said and 1000% true! The Prophet Muhammad himself said that in the last days, the religious leaders themselves would be the most vile creatures on earth.

And this just goes to show that many say they follow Islam, but they are not truly Muslim. For in Islam, there is to be no mediator between God and man... Yet these Imams set themselves up as being the voice of God on earth, much like a Pope or some such thing, and the people blindly follow them like a charismatic cult leader. "Imam worship" is becoming a very big problem in Islam today, and many Muslims are beginning to recognize this.

Muhammad said, "The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr. Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith. None of you truly believe until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself."

He also said, "whoever hurts a non-Muslim will not smell a whiff of paradise."

He also said, " “Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, or curtails their rights, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment.” (Abu Dawud)

How do these wicked Imams get passed such hadiths, and numerous verses like it in the Qur'an?
Old 25-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods.lighe.houria
you asked a very good question
I'm born as a Muslim but I never stopped asking questions like : why should I worship a God who’s threatening me all the time, but I didn’t stop until I came to find the truth that God never did that. All that fear & violence didn’t come with Islam or any other religion, it came from the bigotry of those imams

Very well said and 1000% true! The Prophet Muhammad himself said that in the last days, the religious leaders themselves would be the most vile creatures on earth.

And this just goes to show that many say they follow Islam, but they are not truly Muslim. For in Islam, there is to be no mediator between God and man... Yet these Imams set themselves up as being the voice of God on earth, much like a Pope or some such thing, and the people blindly follow them like a charismatic cult leader. "Imam worship" is becoming a very big problem in Islam today, and many Muslims are beginning to recognize this.

Muhammad said, "The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr. Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith. None of you truly believe until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself."

He also said, "whoever hurts a non-Muslim will not smell a whiff of paradise."

He also said, " “Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, or curtails their rights, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment.” (Abu Dawud)

How do these wicked Imams get passed such hadiths, and numerous verses like it in the Qur'an?
Old 25-02-2017, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patisa90
Nowhere in islam it is aloud to kill innocent human beings or whatever living beings.

"…if any one killed a person, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind; and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of mankind…” - The Holy Quran (Chapter Five, Verse 32).

If I am not mistaken, the entire quote from the Quran (Chapter Five, Verse 32) is:

"…if any one killed a person --- UNLESS IT BE FOR MURDER OR FOR SPREADING MISCHIEF IN THE LAND --- it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind; and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of mankind…”

It is the "UNLESS" clause that is problematic as the word "MISCHIEF" is most assuredly open to interpretation. Muslims love to quote that passage but, more often than not, they somehow forget to include the "UNLESS" clause wherein the real problem lies.
Old 26-02-2017, 02:23 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

As news like this LINK shows, it's humans that commit atrocities.

Muslimphobia is like Jewphobia - fear and hate, anger and demonization.

And people think the Holocaust was in the past.

Wake up and see the beauty, be cautious but do not give in to the darkness of enmity and hate.

There are Islamic fundamentalists just as there are Christian and even Buddhist fundamentalists, although Buddhism has less scope for violence.

Still, it's undeniable that the more people buy into the demonization game against another, the more the fundamentalists win in the reign of terror, and fear.

Trust not another that seeks to lead you into darkness, and that darkness is called fear.

shiningstars
Old 13-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Newbie ;)

Reading this thread brought to mind my experience with Islam, thought I would share:

I was sent to Kabul and as an American woman, was concerned about how I would be treated.

My group began playing ultimate frisbee and the activity is open to all on base.
We became friends with a Turkish military group. I was treated with courtesy and slowly over time, trust grew. Eventually we talked religion...and meeting these amazing souls healed some of the biases that I unfortunately had. (I was pushed down an alley in Bahrain by a group of men...my crew came to my rescue...but the experience had left me shaken and distrustful.)

In any group there are good and bad... I am grateful to have met the good, they helped heal my negative thoughts.