Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 11-10-2017, 04:47 PM
Guide

Starting Magick

:)
Hello I have been on this spiritual path for years and it seems that even though I learned and experienced a lot I know that I still don't no much of anything at all.. :) anyways I had a lot of dreams in the past about a man that looked like a wizard guiding me around and I wanted to kind of explore that avenue by looking into what was shown. I know nothing about magic other than the vague references of harry potter. It seems very exciting to me but other than that I am not seeing what I suspect to see.

I was reading the law of one and it mentioned that the definition of magic is being able to influence the results of the future or along those lines... I am pretty good at that I suppose through intention.

anyways I am asking for a good starting route into magic so that I can understand. I am not looking to be a Satanist lol because I am a being of the light. I want to see information from as far back as possible so that I can learn more.

Also if you could possibly explain what is magick.... so that I will understand. If there is some connotation that I have to come to my own conclusions about it kinda like sacred geometry just say so lol so that I know that your beating around the bush and its not just a dead end.

PS. I may or may not have ties to King Solomon ;)
Thanks

:)
Old 11-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Master
The view I hold of magic, you had asked what magic is- my way of seeing it is manipulation of energy, simple like. Many do this without realizing it.

For quite a while I had begun with magic- Wicca, and this is what started me along my own spiritual path.

Many like to hold there is no dark out there- or rather I view the ideas of dark, forces or entities- shadow- the darker side- to be incredibly narrow.

There exists both dark and light. Modern Satanism isn't what people think it is- have you heard of the church of Satan by Anton Levay? (sp?) The way I view it, is simply child's play.

Personally while I know of magic- as Wicca is not the only path that makes use of it- I no longer practice Wicca- I don't have a taste of it these days. I have no want for anything it offers.

I would suggest with magic perhaps to start with something simple. Intent. Manifestation.

This is usually where one starts naturally- willing our own reality and creating our own path through life. Manifesting results that we would like to see. This way one learns the natural laws, and more about energy in and of itself.

What energy can be used to achieve and toward which end.

If I think of anything else to say, perhaps will post later.

Hope that helped to give you a general idea of what magic is, and why one uses it.
Old 13-10-2017, 03:30 AM
Master
I think magic is basically the psuedo effect but the real thing. It's the minds ability to make something we think is true into something that is actually true. One obvious constraint is something we are making true must have the possibility of becoming true. we cant believe our self into becoming a unicorn. But we can believe our self into becoming more courageous, loving, wise, etc.

The mind can make something real to us even if it's not real in reality. For example we can convince ourselves someone loves us when they really don't. I think that is magic a certain kind of magic. I believe there are other forms of magic but I only know that kind.

The magic that I've come to know can probably be described as yoga or inner magic or something like that. It's not the shoot firebolts and brew love potions kind. When I was younger I really wished to learn magic, as I got older I just wanted to heal, then I basically learned magic on my path to learning healing. go figure. the magic that I've come to find is not amazing to me now, but if I was younger it would have blown my mind away. I guess by the time we become practitioners the knowledge is so casual that when it works it doesn't surprise us much.

the law of attraction and intention are good examples of phenomena that have the potential to become magical. If we really engage our curiosity and seek to understand things in a practical way we can begin to use magic effectively. I think a problem a lot of people have is they believe things at face value. One thing I do when learning something new is I approach it with curiosity and skepticism, this helps me to get a real ground level understanding of something. I used to just memorize and regurgitate but that gave me mixed results. When I studied, deconstructed, put it in my own language, and then reassembled, thats when I really began to get results.

The "magic" that I've come to know and practice is influenced by my life experiences and my morals. I can easily think about people who might practice a different kind of magic than me, I know of people first hand who would practice dark magic and manipulation of others if they only had the ability. They try to now using whatever tools they have. It's pitiful actually.

It's my belief that there are certain constraints on magic use when it comes to working on our self vs working on/with others. I believe my ability is greatly amplified because I'm only working on myself. I think if someone else wants to use others in a negative way they will get almost zero results, but if they sacrifice something, like the goodness inside of their self, then they can have dramatic and negative effects on many people. In other words, powerful dark magic exists, and it's practitioners are dangerous people who are willing to sacrifice their own self in the pursuit of hurting other people. I also believe that a person can accidentally taint their self by practicing dark magic accidentally. My general rule is that inside my self is my playground where I am God, I can hurt myself but I can't degrade myself unless I degrade others. In general, I can't do anything to another, but whatever I try to do to them will come back to me. So if I try to love them, I won't succeed really, but I will get love myself. If I try to hurt them, I won't succeed really, but i will hurt myself.

A good way to describe black magic and the law of attraction can be done in the example of a vow of will. If I vow that I will earn 50,000 in a year, and I really commit to it, then my consciousness will begin to align so that a personality surfaces that will help me get what I'm trying to attract. The self is like a planet with it's gravity, so our perspective of self will still feel the same, but if we were to journal well and be very aware of our behaviors and actions we could tell that something is amiss. If we are normally honest, maybe we start becoming dishonest. If we are normally generous, maybe we become greedy. If our vow is strong enough, we will attack another economically and get that money.

I consider that to be a sacrifice. We used to see ourself as great and generous, but we sacrificed that image of ourself in pursuit of money. We got the money, and we sacrificed seeing ourself as the hero.

If our magic is strong enough, by that I mean our ability to make a vow of will, then no matter the personality barriers we will achieve our goal.

It's a confusing subject. I hope I've explained a little bit. Please ask questions if I've confused you.
Old 13-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Lorelyen

I quite like Crowley's definition: the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will.

However there are several "currents" so you need to explore a few and find one or more that suit you.

Useful texts can be hard to find. There are plenty out there, internet and in print that promise to tell you the secrets but most are a complete waste of time and money. However, there are exceptions.
Old 13-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Guide

Hello I am kinda in a rush right now to write this and I read half of the stuff on her as I was skimming... are wizards, magicians, and sages the same thing? Also where would you say these beings originate from?
Old 13-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGodWarrior
Hello I am kinda in a rush right now to write this and I read half of the stuff on her as I was skimming... are wizards, magicians, and sages the same thing?
Basically wizards and magicians are in that they work to transform things in accordance with Will. Sages are extremely wise people usually backed up by much experience.

Quote:
Also where would you say these beings originate from?
The dawn of humanity.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Knower

True magic is an ancient spiritual journey. It is a challenging journey and it depends on what one wants to achieve. So, first I recomed read some good books about magick, mostly by older autors. Not modern commercial. Many books are free on net. I recomend you fisrst Initiation into hermetics by Franz Bardon. Although it is unnecessarily convoluted but shows some basis.
Old 14-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGodWarrior
Hello I am kinda in a rush right now to write this and I read half of the stuff on her as I was skimming... are wizards, magicians, and sages the same thing? Also where would you say these beings originate from?

That's a really complex question.

Wizards are people who study magical texts and work with arcane energies. The typical firebolts kinda thing.

magicians are people who work with illusion, which is an eyesight thing.

Sages are people who are kind of like chess players of the human mind. They try not to get active on the other persons chess pieces, but by knowing how to play their own chess pieces they can bring another to a higher spiritual realization.

Uhm. Well all beings oringinate from the source. if we are looking for a more specific answer then we won't find one, we will find many. Some people become a wizard, magician, sage, because their entire family is in the area and it comes naturally because they are immersed in it. Some people have a special experience and are encouraged to build the skill. Some people are destined from birth, they become without even trying. Some people choose it because it is their will and curiosity, not because of a rational reason.