Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Master
how hard?

WE have a thread here about meditation,
one of the things I would love to hear about is how people get on with meditation, if they have any problems, if there are any to avoid etc.,

Meditation for me is something of a relax and a tool, to help me develop, although the two things are different. A friend of mine (rob grey, give credit where its due) once said to me, `every body should meditate.`
At the time I was concerned for his mental state, thinking he was slipping over the border into unconventionality country, which of course he was but at 18 I didn`t know that that was a good thing!!!

Now I agree, over the years I have seen asthmatics cured, a range of illnesses stopped in their tracks without costly medicines and mostly tho, I have seen tired run down people, deppressed and dissatisfied, return to life with new vigour, repair relationships and find meaning and excitement again. I`m not saying its a panacea for all ills (thanks jim, another friend of mine, for that one) But it helps thats for sure. So maybe Rob knew something then that I have only recently understood
How do others find meditation?
Look forward to your posts, also if anyone has problems with or questions about meditation please shoout up, theres bags of people on this site who will help.

Hug and kiss everybody.... BUT NOT MY WIFE, obviously
Old 02-06-2006, 01:33 PM
eternity

Hello Petezen,
Meditation is one of the three main tools to realization.The other two are prayer and mantra.
Basic meditation is good and not difficult.However for advanced meditation one needs a good qualified teacher.
Mantra again really needs a qualified teacher.some mantra has seeds within and to get the seed wrong can cause complication.
I also over the years have seen many amazing results from any of the above.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Master
Thanks eternity
Quick question tho, you mention the three tols of prayer meditation and mantra, I am familiar with them all. Are they equally useful to spiritual advancement or are some stronger than others?
Ta
Hug everyone except my cats
Old 03-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Glorymist

peteyzen / eternity - -

You might consider that both prayer and meditation are both somewhat the same - - in the sense that it heads the individual inwardly. It's just a difference in focus. You can meditate and "pray" for another - - or for yourself - - or deal with personal issues - - or just relax. All help the physical / emotional / mental bodies deal with the stresses of the day. That - - to any extent - - is beneficial.

Mantra - - is definitely - - very important indeed. Inward chanting can lead one most anywhere.

As with any and all tools - - the tool itself means little. It is what one uses the tool "on" - - in other words - - the area of focus - - that makes the difference. One can be very adept at meditation and spend his / her time manifesting materialistic goodies. Or - - one can begin to explore the various planes / dimensions and continue with one's education / purification.

Mediation is a form of mental focus. If someone begins to focus on wellness - - they can make astounding accomplishments. If someone does focus on wellness and does not make strides - - then they probably have not dealt with the core issue, or perhaps the karmic implications involved must run its course, or there are other issues / lessons involved that take precedent.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:01 PM
km703

pure energy

I'm curious.
So many of the visual/meditation techiques are too tranquil for my taste.
One of my favorite meditation/visualization is this:
(Shortened Greatly)

I'm sitting in a chair suspended in space.
I secure my arms and legs with wide leather straps and big buckles.
I telepathically flip a large lever.
Electrical current goes through me just like being electrocuted.
My body violently thrashes about.
As the current increases, the straps blow off and I curl into a fetal position.
I then compress myself to a small orb of White Light.
For a few minutes I will trob energy.
And then in an instant, the small orb bursts like an atomic bomb.
I see the aftershock waves rock the cosmos.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:34 PM
eternity

Bless you Glorymist,
Thank you for expanding the words i wrote.I am not much of a writer.I really appreciate your help.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:39 PM
eternity

Petezen
Bless you for asking.Yes they each have a use of their own but ultimatley lead to the same path of total realization.
Realization is the fact that all is one.Maya gives humans the belief that what they see,hear feel,taste is reality.No this is not true.
Everything is in a state of flux and vibrates at a different rate to give what you wish for to experience life as a human.
All is molecular and comes from the one and only scource.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:42 PM
psychic sue

I can't meditate with eyes open - I just have too much of a busy mind.

I do it with eyes open now - I concentrate on one thing and just stare at it for ages - that's also how I started to see spirit people.
Old 16-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychic sue
I can't meditate with eyes open - I just have too much of a busy mind.

I do it with eyes open now - I concentrate on one thing and just stare at it for ages - that's also how I started to see spirit people.

Hi psychic, sue, my apologies for asking but I`m not sure wether your saying that you can or cant meditatae with your eyes open or not.

If not then I suggest just doing it with your eyes closed, that is if you want to.
Your very fortunate you know to be able to see spirit people, I`m jealous of you my dear.
hugs peteyzen
Old 18-06-2006, 08:31 AM
tiltjlp

I've meditated for close to 40 years, and I find that being open-minded is most important. At first I meditated to reduce stress, but in time I began to have what I believe are past life dreams. Over the years I've had bits and pieces of a number of past lives revealed to me.

But even more worthwhile I think, is that I've occasionally have been given insights about this life, helping me make important decisions. So I'd say that being open to all possibilities is a key to productive and meaningful meditation.

John
Closed Thread