Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Master
how hard?

WE have a thread here about meditation,
one of the things I would love to hear about is how people get on with meditation, if they have any problems, if there are any to avoid etc.,

Meditation for me is something of a relax and a tool, to help me develop, although the two things are different. A friend of mine (rob grey, give credit where its due) once said to me, `every body should meditate.`
At the time I was concerned for his mental state, thinking he was slipping over the border into unconventionality country, which of course he was but at 18 I didn`t know that that was a good thing!!!

Now I agree, over the years I have seen asthmatics cured, a range of illnesses stopped in their tracks without costly medicines and mostly tho, I have seen tired run down people, deppressed and dissatisfied, return to life with new vigour, repair relationships and find meaning and excitement again. I`m not saying its a panacea for all ills (thanks jim, another friend of mine, for that one) But it helps thats for sure. So maybe Rob knew something then that I have only recently understood
How do others find meditation?
Look forward to your posts, also if anyone has problems with or questions about meditation please shoout up, theres bags of people on this site who will help.

Hug and kiss everybody.... BUT NOT MY WIFE, obviously
Old 02-06-2006, 01:33 PM
eternity

Hello Petezen,
Meditation is one of the three main tools to realization.The other two are prayer and mantra.
Basic meditation is good and not difficult.However for advanced meditation one needs a good qualified teacher.
Mantra again really needs a qualified teacher.some mantra has seeds within and to get the seed wrong can cause complication.
I also over the years have seen many amazing results from any of the above.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Master
Thanks eternity
Quick question tho, you mention the three tols of prayer meditation and mantra, I am familiar with them all. Are they equally useful to spiritual advancement or are some stronger than others?
Ta
Hug everyone except my cats
Old 04-06-2006, 04:39 PM
eternity

Petezen
Bless you for asking.Yes they each have a use of their own but ultimatley lead to the same path of total realization.
Realization is the fact that all is one.Maya gives humans the belief that what they see,hear feel,taste is reality.No this is not true.
Everything is in a state of flux and vibrates at a different rate to give what you wish for to experience life as a human.
All is molecular and comes from the one and only scource.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Glorymist

peteyzen / eternity - -

You might consider that both prayer and meditation are both somewhat the same - - in the sense that it heads the individual inwardly. It's just a difference in focus. You can meditate and "pray" for another - - or for yourself - - or deal with personal issues - - or just relax. All help the physical / emotional / mental bodies deal with the stresses of the day. That - - to any extent - - is beneficial.

Mantra - - is definitely - - very important indeed. Inward chanting can lead one most anywhere.

As with any and all tools - - the tool itself means little. It is what one uses the tool "on" - - in other words - - the area of focus - - that makes the difference. One can be very adept at meditation and spend his / her time manifesting materialistic goodies. Or - - one can begin to explore the various planes / dimensions and continue with one's education / purification.

Mediation is a form of mental focus. If someone begins to focus on wellness - - they can make astounding accomplishments. If someone does focus on wellness and does not make strides - - then they probably have not dealt with the core issue, or perhaps the karmic implications involved must run its course, or there are other issues / lessons involved that take precedent.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:01 PM
km703

pure energy

I'm curious.
So many of the visual/meditation techiques are too tranquil for my taste.
One of my favorite meditation/visualization is this:
(Shortened Greatly)

I'm sitting in a chair suspended in space.
I secure my arms and legs with wide leather straps and big buckles.
I telepathically flip a large lever.
Electrical current goes through me just like being electrocuted.
My body violently thrashes about.
As the current increases, the straps blow off and I curl into a fetal position.
I then compress myself to a small orb of White Light.
For a few minutes I will trob energy.
And then in an instant, the small orb bursts like an atomic bomb.
I see the aftershock waves rock the cosmos.
Old 28-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by km703
I'm curious.
One of my favorite meditation/visualization is this:
(Shortened Greatly)

I'm sitting in a chair suspended in space.
I secure my arms and legs with wide leather straps and big buckles.
I telepathically flip a large lever.
Electrical current goes through me just like being electrocuted.
My body violently thrashes about.
As the current increases, the straps blow off and I curl into a fetal position.
I then compress myself to a small orb of White Light.
For a few minutes I will trob energy.
And then in an instant, the small orb bursts like an atomic bomb.
I see the aftershock waves rock the cosmos.

Like it!!! lol lol lol

Try not to rock the cosmos though eh? the minds a very powerful thing!!

Whoa the floor just moved??? Was that you???
Old 28-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by km703

Me too KM!

I find the "atomic bomb" type approach works well when you want to shed a lot of love very quickly over a targeted area. Which has its uses.
I personally use a bomb that drops from a white aircraft, which explodes to create a god-almighty love burst.
I also use "thunderflashes" that emit a white light, although the bomb tends to pull me up out of my seat in euphoria, so I tend to use that one more!

Far too many A-Team / Star Wars episodes as a child, although if it works, who can grumble?

AM

P.S. I also use a white light "light-saber". Luke Skywalker-esque.
Very good at removing unwanted energies of the negative varierty!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Narayana

Truly, reading on this website is so inspiring!

I would like to offer something very simple, which can be beneficial as one approaches meditation or practices regularily. It is really nothing profound, but just, very simple.

If you put your hand into a fist and squeeze with all of your might, for as long as you possibly can, and then, gradually begin to open it, you may find that there is some pain in that opening.

Or, perhaps you are carrying a suitcase which is very heavy over a long distance, clenching the handle with great effort, and then when you put it down and begin to open your hand, there is some pain in that opening.

Just the same, if you are riding a horse and you are very tense, your muscles very clenched, it can be quite uncomfortable. Your back may become quite sore and your bottom as well. You may end up with many blisters if you are riding a long distance. Most importantly, though, it is very possible that you will bounce right off the horse! So, if you muscles are relaxed and unclenched, the ride will be much less painful and your chances of falling off will be greatly reduced. The horse will certainly appreciate it as well!

If we can think of the body and mind as a clenched fist, then we may look at the process of growth as an opening. So, really, to open, we need only relax and stop clenching. We need only stop clinging to things. When we have thought, we are clenching the mind. If you want to move your hand, you must first clench some muscles. It is the same with the brain. If you want to think, you must first clench that muscle. So, if we can stop clenching that muscle, it can open.

Each individual is like a brilliant sun covered in a thick fabric. The more we can stretch that fabric - the more open the weave can become - the more light can pass through and out into the world, for the benefit of all. Truly, while we are here, we are wearing some clothing. So really, it is a process of loosening the weave, so that the light inside may shine out. This is so beneficial.

As we learn to let go, gradually, we are cleansed. We are always accumulating surface negativity. The more surface negativity we can let go of, the more clearly we may see the deeper negativity. It is a process of letting go, deeper and deeper, cleansing each layer of the self, until the self is revealed. Then we may see that we are nothing, and being nothing, we are everything.

Namaste
Old 12-08-2006, 09:06 AM
e-ma

Yeah, Jesus, km703, that meditation was powerful to read.. I felt like I was being cattle-prodded in the head just reading it!

I need to start meditating again, or perhaps I want to start up again. When I first succeeded, all kinds of **** came out of me and I just went a bit mad, which scared me off for ages, but I think I would like to try it again.
Closed Thread