Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
"Forgiveness is a stream of love which washes away all impurities wherever it flows. By keeping this spring of love, which is in the heart of man, running, man is able to forgive, however great the fault of his fellow man may seem.

"One who cannot forgive closes his heart. The sign of spirituality is that there is nothing you cannot forgive, there is no fault you cannot forget."

- Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

I forgive, I forgive, ... I forgive me....
Old 12-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Seeker

I love this exercise. Thank you!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Seeker

I love this exercise. Thank you!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Occultist

Sorry I dont believe in forgivness,. I dont believe that if I forgive my rapist I will be a better person.
Or anyone else that has caused me pain.
I take the pain and channel it well.
Also a learn from it and grow something beautiful out of it.
However this process has nothing to do with forgiving anyone.
"Forgiveness is saying ‘Hey, you did something, I was wronged. But it’s ok. I don’t hold you responsible for your actions now, and I don’t feel upset about it anymore.’"
http://www.becomingwhoyouare.net/201...-is-overrated/
Old 13-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Master
Taking the pain of your life and transforming it into strength, wisdom and compassion is wonderful and I appreciate what it takes for anyone to do this good work.

However, I would still classify that as forgiving because you're not holding on to the pain pattern.

Forgiving is simply that... letting go of the pain of the past so you don't drag it along with you in your life.

This says nothing about the other person not being responsible, but that it's their life issue and no longer has anything to do with you in your freedom.

Xan

Old 23-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Master

Thank you for bringing me here, Xan.
Old 23-09-2012, 06:28 PM
eyalec

there’s a lot of wisdom in these words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Taking the pain of your life and transforming it into strength, wisdom and compassion is wonderful and I appreciate what it takes for anyone to do this good work.

However, I would still classify that as forgiving because you're not holding on to the pain pattern.

Forgiving is simply that... letting go of the pain of the past so you don't drag it along with you in your life.

This says nothing about the other person not being responsible, but that it's their life issue and no longer has anything to do with you in your freedom.

Xan
Old 11-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Master
Forgiveness quotes...

He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.
- Martin Luther King

Let us forgive each other, only then will we live in peace.
- Leo Tolstoy

Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting. - William Ward

Forgiveness does not change the past but it does enlarge the future. - Paul Boese

~ ~

Old 11-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Master
Thank you Xan this is such a timely reminder x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.