Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Orion von Koch

Do We really Die...Play it again Sam...

In 1977 my wife and I had an unusual experience driving down a one-lane road in the Canyon Area of Ruidoso, New Mexico. It is an area full of lodges and ski resorts. We had just been married the day before and we were on our honeymoon staying in the mountains at one of the many cabins situated high in the canyons above the small town below. The day we arrived was sunny, bright and chilly but it began to snow that night and the morning in question was found to be full of about six inches of white fluff.

We had no food in the cabin and we both decided to just drive down into the valley to get some groceries. Our mode of travel was a large metallic blue Mercury Marquee. I had never driven in newly fallen snow in the mountains and it was a new experience trying to control the large vehicle. As we started rolling down the one-lane farm to market road, we immediately began to lose the brakes and began to slide. On my right there was nothing but rocky walls and on my left there were drop-offs exposing some roofs of cabins and tall pine trees here and there. I struggled to gain control but nothing seemed to work
Old 10-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Pounamu

Another worthwhile place to look at, in my opinion, is the website of my pioneering friends of the Spiritual School of Ascension, at:
http://www.ascendpress.org/
They have a huge accumulation of historical research data gleaned from personal and akashic records, of the ancient times and the ancestors' doings and philosophies for one to consider...
Old 14-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Orion von Koch

I have a feeling people do not read each other here unless it is just about 10 words long.
Old 14-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Roo

Orion- some do, some don't. try not to take it personally.

I think what you've written here is fascinating, and something I've been thinking about myself lately. I've also experienced times when it seemed that I should have died, but didn't...at least not to my knowledge.

Humanity should now join in a rush to find these ancient records that once were common knowledge and once again begin to live life by their recommendations.

I'm not so sure that all of humanity is ready or willing to find the ancient records. Besides, imho, we're here to learn, to grow in new ways. We would miss out on something vital if we just went by the words of the ancestors.
Old 15-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Pounamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo
....I've also experienced times when it seemed that I should have died, but didn't...at least not to my knowledge.

...I'm not so sure that all of humanity is ready or willing to find the ancient records. Besides, imho, we're here to learn, to grow in new ways. We would miss out on something vital if we just went by the words of the ancestors
Yes, I agree, if we just went by the words of the ancestors; but one often says that "by hindsight, it would have been better to have done this...", and listening to what the ancestors have gathered of wisdom allows one some hindsight. Of course, we are each unique and have our own perspective and gifts to bring to life...

And yes - life does go on.... how would one know if one had died or not??? Cor blimey! I've had a few narrow squeeks, too.
Old 15-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Enlightener

It is my beleif that when one is close to death, when they have that intense feeling that they are going to die, they have already died. But, you see, the one that has died has simply chosen to come back to the physical, to experience more of that present incarnation.

Death is, then, more of a tool than an experience that is just happening to us.

Remember, there is no time. The soul that chooses to come back to the body, re-enters just nanoseconds before that one would have 'died'. And seemingly the illusion is kept in place so that one does not fully remember who it is without the tools of the universe.

I have died once before, but chose to come back to further my development.

Enlightener
Old 15-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Orion von Koch

Indeed, we are always...moving from one "room" to the next and then we awaken and...What am I? Can anyone really get a grip on what they are? No. We are entities occupying forms in physical Time and Space...and everyday, it is a new experience. Not that one is, but that whereby Is, is.
Closed Thread