Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 04-04-2021, 03:36 PM
Master
Naming Crystals

I know this may sound wonky, but I trust you all to not laugh too hard...

I am relatively new to crystals and I am working on learning the common names. There are some stones and crystals that I easily remember their “real” common names. But there are others that no matter how many times I read their name, I always go back to the name that popped up in my head the first time I touched them. For example, I have a beautify polished stone and its name is “bubble gum”. It is a whimsical stone that feels playful, curious and full of wonder.

Do any of you name your crystals or stones or see them as male or female?
Old 04-04-2021, 04:11 PM
Master
As I experience it most have either a masculine or feminine energy. I even place them in my house upstairs according to that in rooms that also have more fiery and masculine or feminine and watery energy.
I don't generally have names like that for crystals. Crystal skulls are known to give you their name, but sometimes you have a skull and you don't receive it for whatever reason.
I only have one crystal that gave me her name. Never had that again.

But naming them myself... usually not.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
As I experience it most have either a masculine or feminine energy. I even place them in my house upstairs according to that in rooms that also have more fiery and masculine or feminine and watery energy.
I don't generally have names like that for crystals. Crystal skulls are known to give you their name, but sometimes you have a skull and you don't receive it for whatever reason.
I only have one crystal that gave me her name. Never had that again.

But naming them myself... usually not.

Thank you Fairy Crystal for explaining how you feel the energy of you crystals. I never thought about preferred location in the house. Though obsidian did need a rinsing and a sitting in the sun yesterday.

Do you ever feel some crystals are protective of you?
Old 04-04-2021, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Thank you Fairy Crystal for explaining how you feel the energy of you crystals. I never thought about preferred location in the house. Though obsidian did need a rinsing and a sitting in the sun yesterday.

Do you ever feel some crystals are protective of you?
Not in the same way a guard dog would be. But I do use certain crystals for protection. In a way they all contribute to that buy supporting and maintaining higher energies.
But I sometimes feel drawn to a crystal when I feel I need protection. In a way that means I don't feel strong enough myself to handle a situation. In that sense it's again the crystal's stable energy supporting mine.
So I guess the answer is yes, but not like a partner or dog would be protective. I don't feel a crystal thinking, oh, she's not safe, I must jump in now! which is what a dog would do, or a partner or friend etc.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:21 PM
Master
Fairy Crystal,

I see the distinction now. It is not the stone being protective, when I feel the need to carry a stone, it is intuition. It is not the crystal that beacons me, but intuition which is letting me know this is the complimentary energy you will need today.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:55 AM
Experiencer

One of my friends is good with this sort of thing. He can just look at a picture of the crystal and it'll tell him it's name. He describes it as kind of like sounding out... "It starts with a sh sound..." Once he thinks he gets it, I can confirm with my guides by asking simply yes or no.
Old 05-04-2021, 04:33 AM
Master
HD,

I will have to try and post a picture here and see what you think of Bubblegum.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:59 AM
Experiencer

I'll send him the pic without telling the name and it'll be crazy if he came up with bubblegum too!
Old 05-04-2021, 12:10 PM
Master
I will try posting a pic tonight.