Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-12-2018, 04:27 AM
Newbie ;)

Meditation Institute

Last Sunday, My doctor advised me for meditation as I got depression. He told me that meditation will take you out from depression. He also advised me to change my lifestyle.

I googled and found advantages of meditation but not finding any Meditation Institute near my residence. On Wikipedia, youtube etc. I am finding advantages, not the training module. I live in NY near coastal areas.

Can you please tell me the Institute wiht reasonable fee.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:29 PM
Master

Sorry to hear about your depression. It is a horrible state.

I cannot assist with the location of any Meditation Institutes, but you may find health food shops or New Age shops in your area which have noticeboards advertising meditation groups or classes. There are many different systems of meditation - try whatever appeals to you, and if you don't like it then you can always move on.

Peace.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindchanger
Last Sunday, My doctor advised me for meditation as I got depression. He told me that meditation will take you out from depression. He also advised me to change my lifestyle.

I googled and found advantages of meditation but not finding any Meditation Institute near my residence. On Wikipedia, youtube etc. I am finding advantages, not the training module. I live in NY near coastal areas.

Can you please tell me the Institute wiht reasonable fee.

You could go back to your Doctor and ask for some information as to where you can go, if they advise they should know. Another way is, do you have any Buddhist Centres close to you as they always give Meditation Classes free of charge or mybe for a small donation that you can afford. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:03 AM
Master
Along with medication, guided meditation, whichever you chance to engage in, ultimately self help .... helps!

In a negative frame of mind ... low mood, just look at it curiously, as viewing a phenomenon outside of yourself. You are not that thought! How’d it manage to creep in? Flick it away! As we would, a pesky insect!

Breaking routine is useful too. Change routine frequently, meet people, play active games, dance ... in company ... any company. Brighter clothes! Yes! Whichever you fancy!

Mood elevating music ...

Sleep well, eat less.

Disassociate from environment or people who seem to trigger depression. If not possible, get mentally detached from them ... just the way you can choose to reject any mood contracting thought.

Pray. Seek help and guidance from the divine light which resides within. Go in, deep in and listen. Childlike. Merge in the light. Know that you are yourself the light! Let out a roar into the sky! Then laugh! And don’t stop laughing!

Give. Help. To random strangers, non judgingly, without discrimination, without seeking recognition, anonymously. From the heart. This will generate a high positive love energy within your heart.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:42 PM
Newbie ;)

Meditation Institute

Thanx for all of you for your kind replies.
Is there any way to get rid of depression without medicines.
One of my friends has advised me to read Benefits Of Meditation , therefore, I am still in search of Meditation Institute. Without the teacher, I don't want to start meditation.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:44 AM
Master
Quote:
One of my friends has advised me to read Benefits Of Meditation , therefore, I am still in search of Meditation Institute. Without the teacher, I don't want to start meditation.

Meditation
Is simply reconnection
Of your mind
With the divine

Within

Old 08-12-2018, 08:34 PM
Master

Quote:

It depends on the cause of depression. I agree that taking pharmaceutical drugs to deal with depression should only be a last resort. Such drugs seem to suppress the symptoms without dealing with the underlying causes.

Some say that depression is due to chemical imbalances in the brain, and there are various herbs and mineral supplements which are meant to be effective. There is plenty of information available online.

Others say that depression is due to suppressed emotions such as pain and fear, usually from our childhood. This makes sense to me. Counselling and therapy can help us get in touch with these suppressed emotions. If we can bring them to the surface to be released then the cause of depression is removed.

You say that you don't want to start meditation without a teacher. For you, what is the role of the teacher? Simple meditation techniques do not require a teacher - you can even learn them from a book. A meditation class can be helpful to get you started, and it should help you find the discipline to practise on your own.

A meditation teacher is useful if you want to practise a particular path. Then it helps to find someone who has travelled along that path. They may still have a long way to go but they should have enough experience to give you some guidance.

So perhaps you need to decide what type of meditation you are drawn to. Then try to find a teacher who teaches that meditation. You do not have to wait until you find such a teacher to begin your practice. There is plenty you can do to prepare yourself until such a teacher appears.

Peace.