Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Suspended
Guide

Meditation before sleep

I made a habit to meditate before sleep, sometimes just 30 minutes, sometimes even more than one hour and I found out that every single time after I meditate, I fall asleep very fast, when I say very fast, I really mean it, sometimes, just few seconds and I am sleeping.So, I started to meditate before sleep about two weeks ago and every single night ( every single one ) I wake up around 4 or 5 in the morning, how could this be? And when I wake up that early in the morning I feel very energized, it does not matter that sometimes I only get 4 hours of sleep, it feels like I need no more sleep, but if I stay in bed and do nothing, I fall sleep again and I wake up very late and very tired.

Anyway, meditation before sleep is one of the best way to cure insomnia.Last night I had no desire to sleep but it was too late so I said that it's better to sleep and to not meditate but I could not sleep, my mind was rushing like a machine, I had too much energy.I decided to meditate for 30 minutes, then, I fell asleep like a baby ( and of course I woke up around 5 in the morning ) :))
Old 25-11-2018, 11:51 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I should really try to do this. How long did it take for you to start experience this? It really does seem to take a while to reap the "calming" benefits of meditation for me. Initially, all it seems to do is to make you hyper aware, and that too only if I manage to meditate and not drift into thoughts for 30 minutes to 1 hour lol.
Old 25-11-2018, 02:20 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritictus
I should really try to do this. How long did it take for you to start experience this? It really does seem to take a while to reap the "calming" benefits of meditation for me. Initially, all it seems to do is to make you hyper aware, and that too only if I manage to meditate and not drift into thoughts for 30 minutes to 1 hour lol.

Well, it started now two weeks ago when I chose to meditate each night before sleep.Meditation was not something new for me, I used to meditate from time to time but very rarely, now, I meditate each night before sleep.

Last night I started to meditate around 1, I think it lasted around 30 minutes, I fell asleep while I was meditating, anyway, I woke up again around 4-5 in the morning, same feeling of having tons of energy and a very clear mind.

Yes, it gives you an amazing awareness, I started to feel the benefits, but now, I am at a "level" where I have to face many distractions to reach a very deep state.When I started these two weeks it was easy but then things got harder, now I face a voice that does not want to stop from talking, I face a rushing feeling of energy ( it may be some form of adrenaline ) and also I can't keep myself awake, but I am not going to give up.Maybe of all of this happens because when I start to meditate I tell myself that now I am going to meet God :) I know that if you meditate with a goal in mind you can't reach a very deep state because that goal keeps you stuck into this reality, I tried so many in past and I had no success..
Old 25-11-2018, 05:16 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Well, it started now two weeks ago when I chose to meditate each night before sleep.Meditation was not something new for me, I used to meditate from time to time but very rarely, now, I meditate each night before sleep.

Last night I started to meditate around 1, I think it lasted around 30 minutes, I fell asleep while I was meditating, anyway, I woke up again around 4-5 in the morning, same feeling of having tons of energy and a very clear mind.

Yes, it gives you an amazing awareness, I started to feel the benefits, but now, I am at a "level" where I have to face many distractions to reach a very deep state.When I started these two weeks it was easy but then things got harder, now I face a voice that does not want to stop from talking, I face a rushing feeling of energy ( it may be some form of adrenaline ) and also I can't keep myself awake, but I am not going to give up.Maybe of all of this happens because when I start to meditate I tell myself that now I am going to meet God :) I know that if you meditate with a goal in mind you can't reach a very deep state because that goal keeps you stuck into this reality, I tried so many in past and I had no success..

Interesting! So it was easier when you started and but now encounter this "voice" that you speak of? Indeed, when you have a goal in mind, it seems to kill it. For me, I've been in a stage in life that everything HAS to be goal driven and rushed, and this seems to translate into my meditation endeavors.

Only if I'm really lucky, I somehow get into the zone. Paradoxically, it is when I actually ingrain in my head that the results of meditation is all luck, and I have no control over it, that I have managed to get into meditation at all.
Old 26-11-2018, 09:36 AM
Suspended
Guide

Yes, it was easier.This is the voice we normally hear every single day, the one from our head.This voice used to be very negative but it changed slowly with every day of meditation, now, this voice only talks about nosense things:))

I understand and I think that having a goal while you meditate is not a "good" thing, when you meditate you just observe without judging anything, you become an "observer".This is why I meditate before sleep, because before sleep we have nothing else to do, no rush, no work, nothing, this is the "perfect" time to meditate.

Once again I woke up around 5 in the morning :)) You know, days ago I reached a very deep state and I tried to use the power of auto-suggestion, it was something instantly ( no planning ) and I told myself some words ( motivational words ), maybe among these words I programmed my subconcious to wake up each day that early in the morning :))
Old 26-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Master
Well, somewhere else on SF, Shivani Devi has shared that she has been able to dispense with the necessity to sleep altogether and yet remain energised & alert!

Observe, Embrace, Imbibe, Enjoy!