Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 04-05-2017, 11:51 PM
Newbie ;)

Achieving calm

I wasn't sure where else to put this, so here goes. I have been on a spiritual journey for the past several years, and it has made me aware of some unwelcome things around me. I meditate a lot, however, I am often interrupted by cars/motorcycles/trucks/etc, speeding down my street. I'm not here to complain about that, I am here to see if anyone had any advice on how to deaden the noise. Any ideas? I need my sanctuary back.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:44 AM
Knower
I say use ear plugs, it will definitely help quiet everything
Old 07-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Deactivated Account

There are various types of meditation sounds on youtube, including white noise sounds that are nice to hear with ear buds ( good quality ear buds/head phones) they do help cancel outside noises. I personally like hearing some kind of sound If I am not outdoors. Even the rhythm of the Ocean waves puts me in a comfortable vibration.

Ear plugs are good too.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippyman
I wasn't sure where else to put this, so here goes. I have been on a spiritual journey for the past several years, and it has made me aware of some unwelcome things around me. I meditate a lot, however, I am often interrupted by cars/motorcycles/trucks/etc, speeding down my street. I'm not here to complain about that, I am here to see if anyone had any advice on how to deaden the noise. Any ideas? I need my sanctuary back.

hippyman - I would wear headphones to block the external noises. Maybe even listen to a tape of binaural beats, chanting or guided meditation.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:50 PM
Master

Quote:

I don't like lots of noise either... but still it seems a truism that you hear what you need to hear...
Old 08-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Newbie ;)

I think I may have found a solution, and I recommend it to anyone who has a streaming service. I have the NatureVision channel on my Roku, and that does wonders for blocking out background noise. Half hour to hour long time-lapsed nature films with no naration, just soothing music, and the views aren't bad either.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Ear plugs are the best or vacuum headphones.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Pathfinder

Dont try to stop the noises when you meditate :) Just accept them and make a mental note, example a care passing by, not "car passing by" then let it go, after som time you do not notice the car anymore. because you have accepted it for what it is, only a sound of a car. And it is not important for your meditation.

Actully one should be able to meditate anywhere even in a busy city. Because meditation is within and not from outside :)
Old 12-09-2018, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi hippyman and welcome to the forum. I would suggest putting head phones on your laptop and listening to Deep Theta Meditation music. There are lots of choices on YouTube. It helps me. I often can't think of what to say here on SF unless I'm l listening to this type of background music. Other distractions in the background seem to melt away.
Old 13-09-2018, 02:14 AM
Experiencer
The sounds that have always worked best for me are birds chirping as well as the sound of water trickling lightly from a fountain. Summer is now coming to a close so I do agree with the others in here about using head phones to block out noises and just tell anyone around when you need your space and quiet time so as not to be disturbed. Another spiritual exercise I find helps was suggested to me by a shaman who is a friend of mine and the way it works is it is part verbal and part visual. What you do is put your hand on your heart and repeat 3-5 times "I am worthy of love from source, I am worhty of light from source, and I am worthy of protection from source" and while saying this feel it in your heart and believe firmly in what you are putting out there and saying to the universe. At the same time envision a beam a white light coming in through your crown and infusing you and then within this beam just above your head envision a rotating ball of light the size of a softball that is turning and pull it down inside yourself slowly. Envision it traveling through your head and past your throat chakra down your body and legs and arms, and back again. Envision this for a good 10 minutes. Then extend the white light outward like a bubble around your body. I was told if I practiced this faithfully each day that I would eventually feel the light travel through me. He was correct, after a few weeks of doing this I started to feel the rotating ball of light like warm honey traveling inside me with a very light electrical current when i would direct it to certain areas. I could actually feel it traveling through me. This can help too with clearing you.