Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatThagoras
Hi there.

I think the answer to why "god" exists is the same as for why "we" exist. We do exist, I don't know "why" right now, and so I don't think this important. I'm not even sure that the thing, that exists and which I'm calling God, actually has the properties I perceive of it. Don't you guys think that too?

the last page or so looks like word salad. We seem to be adding more words to the established disagreement or confusion. if you wanna get anywhere, you gotta go all the way backwards, to where you agree, and hash out every word meaning and disagreement and perspective. this is not what all of you are doing... but you still took 18 pages. :P
There is stuff going on at very deep and different levels here, which many will not understand, but Greenslade and myself will.

What you see as an argument or a disagreement, really isn't one...It is trying to understand the perspective of another through the application of pure logic..yes, it took 18 pages to finally get me to understand that I need to drop my mind into my heart more until it stays there and logic has its own time and place, but not when discussing God and to ask "why does God exist?" is like trying to understand the mind of God...yeah, good luck with that.

Some people are just "word people" and some people aren't, and the latter probably have it much better when it comes to the awareness of Self, because there's less concepts to get in the way of an understanding that one needs NO words for.

Last edited by Shivani Devi : 11-12-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:10 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
There is stuff going on at very deep and different levels here, which many will not understand, but Greenslade and myself will.

Good afternoon Shivani Devi

Maybe, but till you get to where you are going, you are no better off than anyone else.

And please, don't take this the wrong way
Old 12-12-2018, 01:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin

Maybe, but till you get to where you are going, you are no better off than anyone else.

Of course I don't take it the wrong way, my dear.

I don't need to get anywhere because I, you, and everyone else is ALREADY there..and just need to stop with all the reasons and excuses as to WHY they are not.

I don't see myself from the perspective of others or where they are at on their personal journey and I never have..notice my mantra "I am not everyone else" and therefore, I am me..they are them, so the question of being "better off" or "worse off" doesn't even register in my mind whatsoever.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Hey there Moonglow

Yeah, the priest or monk would fit - perhaps with more bias towards monk because they're less 'public'. I can't help getting an image of a monastery in the times of the Viking invasions.

These guys are amazing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vBKI3ya-l0

I like different music for different reasons. Right now I'm listening to Groove Salad, which is an internet radio station. It's nice when I'm in a quietly Spiritual mood and don't want to change playlists. Really the only kind of music I can't get on with is Rap though, but other than that... I'm into classic/rock crossovers at the moment for some reason. Very often the taste in music at the time is a reflection of what's going on inside.

Back at the subject at hand, and what I'm reading in what you've written has little to do with God and everything to do with human nature.

"WE are the ones we have been waiting for."

I was watching a documentary about early humans, when a tribe of hunter-gatherers came across a tribe of the first settlers. It really was the clash of two very diverse cultures, the settlers has stored foods while the hunter-gatherers would just help themselves. At one point what they were helping themselves to were the stores that the settlers had worked so hard to collect. What struck me is how little things have changed in all of that time, fundamentally. We still guard what is ours jealously sometimes, even though it's our Spirituality and our beliefs in God.

The thing is, you and I are very similar in our beliefs in what God isn't so there isn't really that much of a difference between us. It's when others have very different or even opposing beliefs that the real test of our humanness comes. People hoard their beliefs as though they're hoarding food. At first the settlers didn't like the hunter-gatherers stealing their food, while the hunter-gatherers couldn't understand the concept of ownership - and a few others. Eventually the settlers gave the hunter-gatherers some food.

"What is that showing?" you ask? It's showing us that in however many thousands of years since early hunter-gatherers and settlers met, really have we changed that much?

And for all that we project God to be, are we only fooling ourselves to think that we can come up with a reason for his existence?

Hi Greenslade,

It is interesting your sensing a monk and a monastery during Viking times. For feel drawn towards that period in history. Have had friends call me an old monk (kidding with me). Even in this life keep fairly private. Hmmm, most likely past lives. Seem Christianity has been with me for life times.

Perhaps that has been the draw and a bit of repulse towards the subject of God.
To understand further just what is it about?

Why so much division and war over it on one side. Then on the other so much inspiration and encouragement to continue.

Yes, I too get a similarity between you and I on this. Those that I have had differences though also show me a wider view and understanding. At the base find spirituality and that which formed into a religion share similar basic teachings. To love one another. To have unity with nature/God/universe. That these are with us.

Yet, here we are in a world fighting over theologies, idealogies, concepts, and power. We being in general as a global society.

We are also in world in which people desire and can be very loving and risk themselves to defend nature. Exploring and wondering about God/nature/universe.

Some keep it to themselves afraid of having it tarnished. If one holds true faith and sincere in this then how can it be tarnished? Maybe others feel secure in it the way he/she believes and understand it and that is that.

But to not share knowledge then this seems to create a split. Thinking back in history when the church held back knowledge and the general public was left with what was dictated to them. What did that get us? A power play. Still being played in some ways today.

We seem a bit stuck in a way in our own set patterns. I don't know how it can be worked out. Seems a wider awareness is happening and some taking a stand.

Feel need to further understand ourselves before an understanding can be realized. Which may reveal the reason being sought is with our own being.

As above, so it is below.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin

I will tell you (and all) something about myself, which may put everything I have written in this thread (and on this whole forum for that matter) into TOTAL perspective...but only for those who can understand it.

I am on the Autism Spectrum...I have Asperger's Disorder and I am also quite badly affected by it.

While I do NOT use this as a crutch, or as an excuse, or ANY reason whatsoever to avoid taking any personal responsibility for what I say or do (as MANY like to believe, who don't have it) there are just certain quirks and eccentricities I possess which I just can't mitigate or escape from.

The most obvious one, is that when "God" handed out "having a sense of humour" he sorta ran out when it came to being my turn...of course I do try, but no matter how much practice I get, I am just a "try hard, die hard" in that respect.

The second thing is that I operate from a base of pure reason and not emotion, I have Autism-related Alexithymia....so as for empathy? forget it...So I am very thankful and grateful that a Divine Being can make me feel something, whereas I am generally unable to...except on rare occasions, and even when I CAN feel stuff, being able to express it is a whole different story.

In fact, I know a hell of a lot of "big words", but using them in context or trying to make myself understood, is just as bad as me telling a joke and hoping somebody will laugh at it...The crickets all seem to enjoy my jokes though..

Being able to express myself without sounding like Mr Spock, avoiding eye contact, not getting body language, not having empathy etc is still a "work in progress" and I don't even know if I HAVE a Throat Chakra...I know I don't have much of an Amygdala..

So when my Kundalini rose with her full force into my Crown Chakra, that area was totally bypassed, thus frying my Vagus Nerve in the process and giving me gastroparesis and dysautonomia to ALSO contend with *sigh*

Suffice to say that I am generally misunderstood by just about everyone who will base their assessment of my personality, intention, words and what have you according to the "norm" or "neurotypical" stereotype and hardly anybody asks me to explain myself or elaborate when they fail to understand me...they just believe that I am "loopy" somehow..but if Sheldon from BBT ever became spiritual, you would get the gist of where I'm going with this...

Anyway, enough of that.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:48 AM
Oh my, how wonderfully honest. Thank you.
Ah, the Vagus nerve is ridiculously sensitive...I am sorry. Many have no idea what you're talking about, I do.
I hope you find someone to regulate/balance it.
Many blessings...like a fireman's pole....cling to that Divine Being! xo

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-12-2018, 06:12 AM
Deactivated Account
Back again Shivani Devi

Why was I smiling so much reading your posts

Your loved more than you know Shivani Devi, by the ones that surround you.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:20 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Yeah thanks for that info about yourself, it does help to understand you. :)

Recently I have had to begin learning some things that you might be able relate, or maybe even help me with. I've needed to have more trust in this god thing, practice being silent sometimes, be neutral to coworkers i dislike. Things like that, as well as normal socializing. I haven't found a cure to social anxiety, but I've come to terms with the fact that I sometimes talk like a cyborg, that I have some answers, and that sometimes people are wrong about some things.
So I've had to solve these problems, and confront issues without being offensive. sometimes i have to teach people logic and reason. to talk and be understood. I like Aristotle.

I guess my point is that there are ways to look at things and communicate, and kinds of thought you could use, that may suite someone like you.. to sort of rationalize, categorize, and use emotions... idk
Old 12-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatThagoras

I think the answer to why "god" exists is the same as for why "we" exist. We do exist, I don't know "why" right now, and so I don't think this important. I'm not even sure that the thing, that exists and which I'm calling God, actually has the properties I perceive of it. Don't you guys think that too?

Consciousness? We exist because consciousness exists and so does God? God is a name for consciousness?

There are many things that exist, many mirrors. This is what most strikes me about the subject.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:31 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Consciousness? We exist because consciousness exists and so does God? God is a name for consciousness?

There are many things that exist, many mirrors. This is what most strikes me about the subject.

yes? Were those questions? I agree, i think :)