Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 11-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Deactivated Account

Shivani Ji ,Unseeking Seeker and David

I am glad that you guys like the blog :-)

I suppose that you guys ,especially unseeking seeker ;-) ,will also like the below two books on spiritual poetry:

1.One Robe ,One Bowl by Ryokan and John Stevens
2.Dewdrops on a Lotus Leaf by Ryokan and John Stevens

Have a great day!

Shivani Ji... the reply is typed up ...I'll post it in the evening.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Master
Old 11-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I will address your queriess forthwith, or place them before the fountainhead of all knowledge..

Thank you.

Quote:
Meanwhile, I am starting on my own translation of the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra with Shiva's direct help (he thought it needed a modern upgrade):http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...09&postcount=5

Wow! brilliant idea. Would love to see Shiv-Ji and you collaborate on this great project. Thank you for sharing the link, I have bookmarked and subscribed to it as well and will be referring to it from time to time.

Quote:
About LSD, DMT and all that...

The first thing that springs to my mind is what happened between the Guru Neem Karoli Baba and his disciple, Ram Dass:
https://youtu.be/Yb2BWvRN090

If you would like to know anything about psychedelics, read/watch stuff by Baba Ram Dass...he's the expert, not me.

Sure, no problem, I will not be asking you about it

Quote:
I have only tried magic mushrooms (psilocybin) once, and the experience was amazing, but it was something I would never do - and never did, again.

What was seen as "mystical" wasn't the experience itself, but the way the mind tries to make sense of it AFTER the fact.

I also would not personally recommended the use of psychedelics, even though many do, because whatever experience you have, would be chemically induced and not naturally induced - therefore, there would always be a question in your mind and heart, as to whether you were REALLY having cosmic sex with God...or whether you were just tripping.

However, we have only just begun, you and I...and if you want to experiment with drugs, that is up to you, but I would advise against it, because any progress which has been made in a slow and steady way, is more memorable...more permanently fixed within the psyche...more cheap... and available anytime... anywhere.

You are elder to me with a lot more experience than me so I will definitely give your advice some very serious thought.

I'll get back to you on it soon after thinking about it.

Quote:
I can see that you are itching with "so, what do I do now, guru-ji?" and I guess that's why I am translating the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra...one technique at a time.

I will take a look at it and then apply it.

Quote:
Now you have mastered the hypnagogic state (keep working on that, by the way) follow Shiv-ji's instructions about bringing that awareness to the breath...The space between the breath.. allowing yourself just to rest...to exist in that moment with such deep silence and clarity..

Yes, I will keep practicing as there is a lot more to be learned about the hypnagogic state. I need to work more on the breathing part.

Quote:
Also, somewhere on here, in this very forum years ago, I wrote an article about Trataka and Nadi Shodhana (Anuloma Viloma), I will see if I can find it later..

I do practice those two semi-regularly.

Quote:
I will also find that thing I did, where I compared Patanjali's 8 limbs of Yoga to the Chakras and Kundalini system...and also the thing I wrote on the Dakshinamurthy Stotram regarding Pranidhana Pratyahara.

I have pretty much written a few books on here, contained within my 8,000+ posts and one day, I will need to sort out all of my "serious stuff" from all of my "muck around stuff".

I will also try to find and refer to those, but it will take me sometime :-)

Quote:
I am also very humbled and grateful that you let me into your heart...gave me the opportunity to improve the quality of your life in this way...change you from the inside out.

I am also extremely grateful to you for helping me out. I am also grateful to Shiv-Ji who made you my guru -didn't think the lord of the universe will help me get a Guru-ji

Quote:
We often get so bogged down in our failures, we forget to see our success stories...and for that, I extend my arms in a hugging action whilst saying that I love you.

I love you too.

There is this funny thing about me. Every good song that I sing ...I somehow relate its lyrics to lord Vasudev Ji/Krishna Ji
Old 11-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
About that website "Spititnlife" it is pretty impressive as David has said, and contains many jewels of experiential wisdom.

I went to the index to notice almost 300 entries, so forget about a few days, it is going to take me a few MONTHS to get through reading them all. I started reading a few which peaked my interest, especially about the Ellora Caves, her journeys to Manasarovar and her meeting with Swami Kartikeya of Pondicherry, but that was enough for one day, but her writings are very delightful and informative...There is definitely a lot of wisdom and experience there.

Now, about those tears..Whenever that happens to me, I always start off by saying to myself "c'mon! is that the BEST you've got?...pretty pathetic, if you ask me...what is it that you're NOT crying about that could benefit from some of this attention?"

With that, more tears will start flowing, the weeping will intensity, and I will keep on saying "show me what you've got... everything!" over and over, until I basically start to primal scream.

Then, I go fully into that whole feeling...I drop my mind into my heart, and the only thing I find there is my total, absolute love for Mahadev, as the source of everything I am and everything I am feeling.

I also pretty much awakened my Kundalini and rose it up doing this...not knowing this was going to happen and not trying to do so either...Just surrendering my heart, soul and everything I was in the total heat of Bhakti passion seemed to do the trick.

Just try it, before you go and pop a pill.

Yes, I will try that method before I pop-the-pill

Maybe it will work for me, I have to try it many, many times to find if it will.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Namaste.

The Upanishads and Vedas never mentioned any Siddhis, they were more concerned with rituals and the nature of Brahman. The Bhagavad Purana mentions them briefly, but I forget where. I know that Patanjali goes into them all in his Yoga Sutras/Aphorisms but doesn't really elaborate much.

Here is a good link I found:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-vacha-siddhi

The vak (vacha) siddhi comes through the purification of the throat chakra (Vishuddhi) and it is mastered through silence or mouna both external and internal silence (Antar mouna). It also comes from being totally honest with yourself and with others.

By speaking the truth from your heart, not what you only believe is the truth, or bending the truth into falsehood to suit an egotistical agenda, then after many years, whatever it is you say, will become true through the power of your words. This is the vak siddhi.

The most notable historical person to have this siddhi was Prince Yudhisthira of the Pandava...He never told a single lie in his life...He was open and honest about everything, but he was tricked into lying during the Mahabharata War to make Drona fall and then lost the power of Vach siddhi...do you remember that story?
http://shyambhat.com/wordpress/archives/843

Words have a power which is called Vacha Shakti and it is the power and direct manifestation of the Goddess Saraswati herself!

Speaking the truth, not telling half lies or white lies, not saying hurtful words and only loving words to others, being reserved in speech, taking moments of meditative and contemplative silence, can only arise from a pure mind and heart - one that is free from the desire of using thoughts, translated into words, to get the most positive and beneficial outcome for you.

When you speak the truth, then what you say will come true and this is the Vach siddhi..The siddhi also includes, in some cases, being able to understand foreign languages without even learning them, generating thoughts and emotions in others through speaking and even understanding the language of animals.

What I wrote above is the way I learned it and it hasn't been copied from anywhere. If anything, it comes from certain childhood stories contained in the Panchatantra or the moral fables and generally what my own Guru said.

I will write more about your blog and about surrendering into emotion as a tool for awareness a bit later, because writing that has tired me.

Thank you for taking the time to answer and the links.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Thank you for taking the time to answer and the links.
You are very welcome.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Deactivated Account

I think my babaji has vak siddhi.
Old 13-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Newbie ;)

For a peaceful sleep mediation is necessary for you. In spite of this, if you have any problems then we provide a product that help you for deep sleep. Try this:
Peaceful sleep the mindfulness way by First Way Forward

Thanks
Old 13-12-2018, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwayforward
For a peaceful sleep mediation is necessary for you. In spite of this, if you have any problems then we provide a product that help you for deep sleep. Try this:
Peaceful sleep the mindfulness way by First Way Forward

Thanks
This is a 'commercial' advertisement.
Old 13-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Shivani Ji,

Now that my exams are over today I can immerse myself completely into spirituality again.

I got 2nd rank last time, probably will get 1st this time given the trend...(as expected after I regained my health and vitality)

I have almost completed most of our book.

I intend to share the book for free without my name on it...I'd be very grateful to god even if one person in need benefits from it.

About 5-MeO-DMT...

I am not really in favor of (or against) LSD etc. since I believe (and have data to prove this) that those do NOT lead to permanent spiritual growth.

But I have data that 5-MeO-DMT can lead to permanent and sustainable spiritual growth. I have even measured the brainwaves of one person who has attained permanent turiya using 5-MeO-DMT and now he is always in turiya permanently -without taking 5-MeO-DMT again. I also have data of some people who raised/activated their kundalini initially using 5-MeO-DMT and followed that by regular Kriya yoga practice to grow spiritually(permanently, sustainably and measurably). To compare ,my scientist friend also gave me the data of 150 people (representative of the general population)who have been practicing Kriya yoga for a min. of 5 years but still do not have the kundalini activation or spiritual growth.

I think I won't be needing to take the psychedelic because of your method and I also think that God will bless me with success -eventually, if not soon - when I will practice that method.

I still really want to make a system -if possible -for other people as well for kundalini activation with 5-MeO-DMT followed by regular kriya yoga practice.

But I need some help ...I never told you but Lord Vishnu Ji came once more to talk to me...He told me to do things similar to above(like making that system) for other people and I really want to do it also because of Vishnu Ji's word also.

Do you think it is a good idea?

Please let me know what you think.

Last edited by captainamerica : 13-12-2018 at 03:51 PM.