Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 02-06-2020, 09:19 PM
iamthat iamthat is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Golden Bay, New Zealand
Posts: 1,926
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I see nothing wrong with expressing appreciation when you feel it is deserved.

I don't think it has any value when it is intended as a tool, because it matters what you think, not what you say, not even what you do. Everyone's reality is created by their own thoughts, assertive or acknowledging.

What we experienced during this first half of the year was / is the creation of our mass thoughts. Our actions followed.

As our thoughts don't seem to change for better, I try to not be worried about the approaching second half of the 2020.

As an example: you end your posts with "Peace". If you worry / fear / are angry, that closing makes no difference.

Indeed.

I end my posts with "Peace" because that is what I wish for all beings, and I think it is what we all seek. I could always end my posts with something else.

No worries.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-06-2020, 06:25 AM
lomax lomax is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,819
  lomax's Avatar
Then everyone find your inner peace,do nothing at all,and let things to take their own way.Then die in peace,and let our world to the hands of those who want to destroy it.
__________________
Γνώθι σαυτόν
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-06-2020, 06:44 AM
lomax lomax is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,819
  lomax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I see nothing wrong with expressing appreciation when you feel it is deserved.

I don't think it has any value when it is intended as a tool, because it matters what you think, not what you say, not even what you do. Everyone's reality is created by their own thoughts, assertive or acknowledging.

What we experienced during this first half of the year was / is the creation of our mass thoughts. Our actions followed.

As our thoughts don't seem to change for better, I try to not be worried about the approaching second half of the 2020.

As an example: you end your posts with "Peace". If you worry / fear / are angry, that closing makes no difference.
So,how we'll stop the corona virus and all other evil and ugly things that threaten our 'peace'.By thinking a positive outcome?Is this what you really believe?
__________________
Γνώθι σαυτόν
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-06-2020, 06:52 AM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2,806
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Then everyone find your inner peace,do nothing at all,and let things to take their own way.Then die in peace,and let our world to the hands of those who want to destroy it.
I don't know if you heard of the American sitcom "Seinfeld" ... There was an episode in which one of the characters, dissatisfied with his life, concluded that his impulses cause him to make wrong choices, so to fix it, he decided to always do the opposite to what his instincts are. And this dramatically changed his life. Everything started to work well for him until ... he fell back into making the choices that came natural to him.
http://123movie.fm/watch/dKoY7y4d-se...pisode-22.html
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.

Last edited by inavalan : 03-06-2020 at 06:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-06-2020, 07:08 AM
lomax lomax is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,819
  lomax's Avatar
So,as SOL said,it's the survival of the fittest.
__________________
Γνώθι σαυτόν
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-06-2020, 07:13 AM
lomax lomax is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,819
  lomax's Avatar
Here's a good phrase i saw somewhere ( can't remember where).

There's not my problem,or your problem.There's only problem.
__________________
Γνώθι σαυτόν
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-06-2020, 08:34 AM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 1,731
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
So,how we'll stop the corona virus and all other evil and ugly things that threaten our 'peace'.By thinking a positive outcome?Is this what you really believe?

Borrowing a metaphor from Jordan Peterson and expanding on it, if everyone cleaned their own rooms there wouldn't be a mess, and no one can force one to clean their own room or clean it for them. All we can do is clean our own room. Ripples in the pond.
__________________
"Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own." ~ Bruce Lee

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-06-2020, 10:43 AM
lomax lomax is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,819
  lomax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Borrowing a metaphor from Jordan Peterson and expanding on it, if everyone cleaned their own rooms there wouldn't be a mess, and no one can force one to clean their own room or clean it for them. All we can do is clean our own room. Ripples in the pond.
Everyone on it's own then.Even if i disagree,that's how things are.Or maybe that's how we made them to be.And i don't like the idea to clean my room,the moment i'm not responsible for the dirt.
__________________
Γνώθι σαυτόν
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-06-2020, 11:17 AM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 1,731
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Everyone on it's own then.Even if i disagree,that's how things are.Or maybe that's how we made them to be.And i don't like the idea to clean my room,the moment i'm not responsible for the dirt.

If not you than who? If someone else then isn't someone else responsible for your serenity? That's a lot to give away.

EDIT: Since this is the meditation sub-forum this is a good illustrative analogy.

https://mindfulnessmeditation.net.au/arrow/

The parable of the second arrow is a well-known Buddhist story about dealing with suffering more skilfully. It is said the Buddha once asked a student,

‘If a person is struck by an arrow, is it painful? If the person is struck by a second arrow, is it even more painful?’

He then went on to explain,

‘In life, we can’t always control the first arrow. However, the second arrow is our reaction to the first. This second arrow is optional.’


The mess of first arrow is mostly, but not always, unavoidable. It could be a result of our choices in which case it could have been avoided. It could be just life expressing itself in which case it's unavoidable. The mess of the second arrow is self-inflicted and can be avoided, and if not avoided cleaned up. It's not about what life throws at us, but how we react to what life throws at us.
__________________
"Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own." ~ Bruce Lee

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums