Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 28-10-2011, 03:27 AM
Mountain-Goat

O.M.G !!!
I thought Michael Bay was the master of b graders.
I watched it simply to see the apocalyptic side of the 2012 story.

For some reason, director and writer turned a frightening concept into a tongue in cheek one liner infested adventure ride.
It reminded me of the atrocious disaster movies of the 70's by the same guy that made the Lost in Space tv shows...Erwin Allen.

Heavy on interpersonal dramas between the characters but illfittingly inserted into the backdrop of the destruction of the world.
There were a couple of good character scenes with good dialogue but most of it was korny.

Instead of the characters being concerned or in shock of what was happening, they kept composed and were more concerned about personal matters as if the world was not coming to an end.
"Hey, the world is coming to an end right around me, but what really annoys me is the attitude of that guy's kids."

The over the top stunts done as the group made their way to china made me cringe as I watched them.
IE: The world is crumbing around them, in huge proportions.
Noo, that's not a good enough emotional image for the viewer, let's have a complete subway train flying through the air, hundeds of feet up, nearly side swiping their small plane.

Director and writer made a joke out of this topic.

I rate this movie as bad as some of Michael Bays B graders and the last 3 Star Wars.(triple cringe there)
Old 28-10-2011, 03:34 AM
Master
Thanks for the warning, but just the title turned me off anyhow lol.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Guide
I'm so sick of disaster movies. Even the movie Disaster Movie that was supposed to spoof disaster movies was a bad movie.

2012 wasn't entirely bad though. I mean for the most part it was predictable but it was an interesting idea. Thankfully nothing like that is in store for us in 2012.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
I'm so sick of disaster movies. Even the movie Disaster Movie that was supposed to spoof disaster movies was a bad movie.

2012 wasn't entirely bad though. I mean for the most part it was predictable but it was an interesting idea. Thankfully nothing like that is in store for us in 2012.
I wouldn't be so sure inspirit. The odds of the destruction of earth in 2012 is equal to there not being any destruction...50/50
And there are a lot of intelligently constructed theories out there that humanity is in for it in 2012.

It's just people do not want to think along the lines of the extinction of humanity for obvious reasons.