Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 13-05-2011, 01:52 AM
LIFE

"My Dinner With Andre"

From the film My Dinner With Andre:

"I keep thinking that what we need is a new language - a language of the heart. Some kind of language between people that is a new kind of poetry. The poetry of the dancing bee that tells us where the honey is. In order to create that language, you're going to have to learn how you can go through a looking glass into another kind of perception where you have the sense that you are united to all things." - Andre Gregory
Old 13-05-2011, 03:28 AM
Master
What a beeautiful thought. was the whole movie as good as this one part?

"The poetry of the dancing bee that tells us where the honey is." Mmmhmm.

Old 15-05-2011, 04:55 AM
Master

Hi LIFE and Silvergirl,

Haha, good film for spiritual seekers.
Silvergirl - highly recommend.
If I remember correctly:
The entire film takes place in one scene - dinner table at some restaurant.
The whole film is a discussion (script is good, maybe won some awards) between two friends - one a rational materialist, and the other, a bit more open minded - while they are eating, being served, waiter pouring water, getting up to go to the restroom, etc. Very well done 'concept' film. It is funny, charming, thought provoking. Was a 'cult fave' for a while - obviously not a blockbuster action thriller but totally worth it - thumbs up. That's my review.

~ J
Old 15-05-2011, 02:50 PM
LIFE

Hi Silvergirl,

Yeah, its an interesting film that takes place in one setting (the dinner table at a restaurant) as two friends engage in a dialectic about existence. Some may find it boring if Transformers is their thing...but for those that enjoy thoughtful, philosophical films, this is recommended.

Some points of discussion mentioned in the film:

- the ubiquitous unperceived desensitization of people to reality through their habituated routine-oriented existences.

- the trend towards 'fascistic' ideologies within western political sensibilities.

- mysticism as an 'underground movement' to sustain 'true human culture' during social/political upheaval and revolt.

- the question of what constitutes human fulfillment and whether it us represented by 'ordinary life' or 'transcendental experience'.