Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 01-04-2015, 06:43 AM
Knower

Arrow "Til death do us part" and marriage

I find this phrase to be completely absurd. For this reason I don't want a religious wedding. I don't understand how religious people even see this phrase as fitting to their own beliefs. Here's how I see it.

I believe weddings are not the actual source of bondage, but a celebratory stage of bondage. You are fully spiritually married, once you both agree you are IN LOVE with each other. Or when you say the words whilst meaning it. Even when you discuss amongst each other that you are married now and both parties agree. Any of these ways may dictate when are "actually married". Now obviously this is an idea, and no one knows at what point bondage occurs. Just as no one knows when consciousness(soul) enters the fetus.

So now we can divulge into the phrase "Til death do us part". When we die what really happens? I believe there is the afterlife and this is an important part of marriage. So if you and your partner believe in the afterlife, does death really do you part...if you both go to heaven or to the next life?
This is what I really don't understand, of how religious people have the phrase in their marriage ceremony. Because, they do believe in afterlife and they must believe after entering heaven, they are no longer married as the phrase states. I find only an asinine would perceive such nonsense.

Here is a general summary of what I believe. Marriage is a celebration of love bondage and has no real significance in terms of marrying a couple, except for the necessary legal reasons. You are bonded once you both agree and the ring is only a gift. Not the source of bondage. When we die, we live on in the afterlife STILL married by/in/through love.

So if your spouse passes on, don't fall in love with another person. Or this is how it will potentially play out. The afterlife as most know, has a different time frame. Roughly 1 day in the afterlife is 100 years on earth. So lets say your wife died and you find another wife. To her, she has only been in the after life for a few hours, then you die(on earth another 30-40 years). Then you come into the afterlife bonded with another person. To your wife, it would appear you have found another partner in those few hours she was gone.

That is to put it into perspective. What do you all think?? Makes sense to me.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:47 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 As long as we both shall live

as long we both shall live.

Live = life

Afterlife = death

Knowbody knows, that, there exists any I-verseness after our individual life ceases to exist as integral whole.

Death = decay or to come part aka disintegrate.

We integrate as combination of mothers X and fathers X or y.

We disintegrate in death, as the X's or X and y's no longer function as as integral whole.

Entropy = decay aka coming apart, or disintegrating.

Life = past < OUT )|( * Y * )|( IN < future

Death = past < OUT )|( IN < future

or as past < OUT )( IN < future

or as ???

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 01-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
as long we both shall live.

Live = life

Afterlife = death

Knowbody knows, that, there exists any I-verseness after our individual life ceases to exist as integral whole.

Death = decay or to come part aka disintegrate.

We integrate as combination of mothers X and fathers X or y.

We disintegrate in death, as the X's or X and y's no longer function as as integral whole.

Entropy = decay aka coming apart, or disintegrating.

Life = past < OUT )|( * Y * )|( IN < future

Death = past < OUT )|( IN < future

or as past < OUT )( IN < future

or as ???

r6

This has absolutely nothing to do with what I philosophized.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Knower
Marriage is like an inseparable bond if we are discussing the spiritual side of it. In this realm, you can be spiritual husband and wife, even if you are divorced or widowed. Even with one partner gone, you're still together in a spiritual area.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 01-01-2016, 09:42 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
I've always found this to be a strange comment as well. It's especially strange considering how traditional Catholic doctrine and other doctrines state that death doesn't dissolve a marriage, but it's a tradition to say this, at least in America.
Old 31-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Master

Marriages are man-made - probably to ensure a sort of fundament for everyday life. There are certainly other reasons why early man, mainly under the influence of religion, decided to bind himself/herself to one partner, or in the case of some religions to several partners. These advantages continue today. In many cases there are ulterior reasons for marrying. We see it often today in beautiful younger women marrying ageing men. It's not often that a no-beauty marries a millionaire.
That what we call a solid marriage offers many advantages, especially if there are children. Family life plays an important part in our belief world. Marriage leads to a settled society in general. But nature doesn't care if we are married or not. Nature is only interested in procreating. Before the white man came along with his missioneering there were communities all over the world where people lived happily together without marrying and where whole villages had one social conscience and where everyone looked after the other. It can still be seen in these rare exposures of native tribes in South America or Indonesia. They have not yet been ruined by rules and regulations.
Jesus wan't married. Probably the biggest failure that Bible thumpers have to get their heads around - in fact he went around with 12 other men which doesn't bode well for natural selection. After all in the Bible it does say be fruitful - bit of a job in this case.