Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 20-05-2019, 10:02 PM
Knower

What to do when you want to help others, but can't?

As a lightworker who wants to start a practice doing spiritual counseling and hypnotherapy someday, its frustrating feeling like I'm not able to reach people in the way that I'd like yet. I've been doing recreational hypnosis for my online followers for a few years now and, while I've done good work with that, basically nobody has been interested in my spiritual services thus far. I've done spiritual hypnosis sessions with people for free, but I had to go out of my way to keep posting advertisements for it on various social media sites and even when I did get a few clients, they didn't seem that interested in it or moved at all afterwards. Basically, I know there's good healing work I could be doing, but every attempt to reach out to people for that has been met with complete disinterest.

I know it isn't exactly uncommon for lightworkers and spiritual people in general to get frustrated that so much of society seems to be distracted by material things like power and wealth while neglecting self realization. I also know that everyone has their own path and that I can't "force" anyone to think deeper about life and their place in it. But its frankly getting depressing feeling as though I have a message to share, but nobody is interested in hearing it. Combine that with the crippling depression I'm trying to crawl my way out of, and its just a very discouraging situation to be in. I want to help people, and if I'm not doing that, then I just don't understand the point of this particular life path.

Ugh.

How do you all handle situations like this?
Old 20-05-2019, 10:30 PM
Ascender
I like to help others as well. Sometimes helping or healing others is more about being in the right place at the right time. Your state of mind has a lot to do with that.
Old 30-05-2019, 10:26 AM
Master

What you learn is that not everyone is ready to hear they need help, and that you can only help those who wish to be helped. It is frustrating and painful to watch some fall, but it is their lesson to learn and not yours. If they must learn the hard way, then so be it.

You cannot save everyone, and also you learn some people say they want help, but only the help they want which is not always actually help.
Old 30-05-2019, 12:37 PM
Knower
Hi Love,

I feel your pain, really I do. Reading your post was like hearing myself from the past. The most important thing to keep in mind is that we cannot effectively heal others when we ourselves still need healing. I can relate to the overwhelming need to heal others. The world needs people like you, but be patient, what the world needs from you first is for you to heal yourself. Put your need to heal others to the side for the time being and focus solely on your own well-being.

I have been in your shoes, I would try to help others with their problems while I myself had a whole pool of issues I wasn't addressing. My attempts to help were dismissed and caused me to feel even worse since I would feel useless.

Jesus said it best:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" - Matthew 7:3

I don't mean this in a condescending way what so ever but from the sound of your post you sound hurt. Like you have a wound from a past battle that hasn't healed and is causing you pain, metaphorically speaking. I know you are eager to get back out there and fight but you need to tend to that wound before you can. We need you to be strong, and right now you need to use your strength inwardly.

You said you suffer from depression, that is probably a good place to start. I myself suffer from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. I ignored it for well longer than I care to admit. I went yeeeaaars before I sought help. I had 2 really bad psychotic episodes that landed me in the hospital. One in 2013 and another in 2016. The 2013 one got me an overnight stay at a hospital with a brief meeting with a counselor and the 2016 got me a nice long stay in the loony bin for nearly a month. They put me on medication but I went off of it as soon as I left.

It wasn't until the end of 2017 I was no longer able to hold a job that I finally sought help. I spent about 5 months after that working out the medications that I found helpful. I still struggle with this everyday even now after being steadily taking a nice cocktail of medicines everyday for the past year and a half. It wasn't until I humbled myself and said "Hey, I need help, please someone help me." Ask and you will receive. You have got to want help though.

I know you have in your mind the ways you see yourself helping others, which is awesome, but for right now you can still be a healer in others ways. No matter how small. You would be surprised how far a smile and a simple "Have a nice day" can go.

Hope you find what you are looking for. Feel free to message me anytime.
Old 30-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Guide

I understand how you feel. You want to be of service so badly, but can't get buy-in from those you feel you can help.

I wish I could tell you specifically what to do, but I don't know the answer.

In my case, the desire to heal meets a major obstacle, mainly my introverted personality and major need for privacy. I don't think I could handle the stress of trying to do healing for money, as the expectation of results would cause me much anxiety.

For now I must be content to heal when the opportunity arises, online or in person. When my personality becomes stronger, and my confidence grows, then perhaps I can look outside my little world for more opportunities to help.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:55 PM
Knower

I think if you can’t help others, the problem lies in you. I myself make the experience that I can’t do many (or better said almost all) the things I would like to do. I’ve ideas for thousands of projects but my higher self, or soul, or however you call it doesn’t allow me to realise just one. Whenever I try to start something I’m confronted with mental conditions like exhaustion, fatigue, sleeplessness, depletion, depression,... which prevent me from being productive.

Seemingly frustration is an inevitable part of spiritual development. But why? My explanation is that we experience frustration in order to develop a higher motivation and more passion for the things we can't do currently but will do in the future.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:22 AM
Deactivated Account

You pray for them.There isn't anything impossible for the Creator. But first and foremost, you need to ask yourself some base questions before you begin to serve.

1. Who sent you to help others?

2. Who empowered you to offer help to others?

3. What is your training in relation to your service?

My answers for these are that you have not been sent by a Higher power to help others and have sent yourself into service, most possibly before your time. There is a time for all things, to train for service and to serve.

Secondly, you are not empowered to offer service with regards to what you offer. You are insufficiently prepared to take up people's burdens. And you are not getting what you want because the Creator is protecting them from you who is not prepared. Remember it is the Creator that gives the training and empowerment to serve. It is done like this in the highest end of spiritual service; the Creator comes down to you in an identifiable form and gives instruction, knowledge based on the purpose you were created. He then assigns physical and spiritual beings to train you. Then when the training is complete, He causes you to appear before Him, you stand before Him in His "Unapproachable State", or whatever state of being He allows you to see. Then He equips, empowers and sends you with very specific instructions, and is there with you to guide, direct and instruct you according to the service you have been given. This hasn't happened to you.

Peace and Grace to you.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:34 PM
mindanalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
You pray for them.There isn't anything impossible for the Creator. But first and foremost, you need to ask yourself some base questions before you begin to serve.

1. Who sent you to help others?

2. Who empowered you to offer help to others?

3. What is your training in relation to your service?

My answers for these are that you have not been sent by a Higher power to help others and have sent yourself into service, most possibly before your time. There is a time for all things, to train for service and to serve.

Secondly, you are not empowered to offer service with regards to what you offer. You are insufficiently prepared to take up people's burdens. And you are not getting what you want because the Creator is protecting them from you who is not prepared. Remember it is the Creator that gives the training and empowerment to serve. It is done like this in the highest end of spiritual service; the Creator comes down to you in an identifiable form and gives instruction, knowledge based on the purpose you were created. He then assigns physical and spiritual beings to train you. Then when the training is complete, He causes you to appear before Him, you stand before Him in His "Unapproachable State", or whatever state of being He allows you to see. Then He equips, empowers and sends you with very specific instructions, and is there with you to guide, direct and instruct you according to the service you have been given. This hasn't happened to you.

Peace and Grace to you.

Interesting what you mention. I know that I am unprepared and I am aware of my lack of spiritual wisdom,

... but that has not stopped me from putting my hand around my sick mother's head and say aloud the Lord's prayer and then continue praying for her, asking God in the name of Jesus to help her, to heal her with his divinity and divine energy and to send to her his archangels and angels, with emphasis in Michael

Last week I did the same for my dear and young nephew, who is in the hospital with serious liver problems and the doctors do not know what is causing that

I know I am not offending God because I am only asking for his help and that of his son and angels

Note: All of this praying the Lord prayer while touching others comes from my dreams that I have been having for years. In my dreams I usually do that to fight evil and also for blessings; so the first time I did it to my mother I felt shame [because I know that I am a sinner, certainly not better than anybody else] but the need to ask for God's help was stronger than my shame

With my young nephew; we are very worried and we are praying for him. I'm not suicidal, but in my prayers I asked God that if it is his time, I am offering myself to take his place. I am 47 yo, but let's say that my life has not been what I had dreamed of and on the other side, he is only 21 yo, with a girlfriend/plans and full of life
Old 05-06-2019, 01:54 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindanalyzer
Interesting what you mention. I know that I am unprepared and I am aware of my lack of spiritual wisdom,

... but that has not stopped me from putting my hand around my sick mother's head and say aloud the Lord's prayer and then continue praying for her, asking God in the name of Jesus to help her, to heal her with his divinity and divine energy and to send to her his archangels and angels, with emphasis in Michael

Last week I did the same for my dear and young nephew, who is in the hospital with serious liver problems and the doctors do not know what is causing that

I know I am not offending God because I am only asking for his help and that of his son and angels

Note: All of this praying the Lord prayer while touching others comes from my dreams that I have been having for years. In my dreams I usually do that to fight evil and also for blessings; so the first time I did it to my mother I felt shame [because I know that I am a sinner, certainly not better than anybody else] but the need to ask for God's help was stronger than my shame

With my young nephew; we are very worried and we are praying for him. I'm not suicidal, but in my prayers I asked God that if it is his time, I am offering myself to take his place. I am 47 yo, but let's say that my life has not been what I had dreamed of and on the other side, he is only 21 yo, with a girlfriend/plans and full of life

I enjoyed reading your post. Indeed, the Lord is with you. May He increase His Grace upon you and lift you according to His Word that says that He lifts up them humble. And all those haughty problems battling against your prayer, may He bring down.

Perhaps you may accept a suggestion. I feel in my spirit that a lot of growth would be attained through solitary retreat or even spending some time in a monastery. Your spiritual gifts are not active, but not much is left for them to function. I see that you have the gift of prophecy, this will be the first that will open up to you when you exercise solitary retreats. May God be praised for 1 Corinthians 14:1.

I predict that you will soon meet a male, he looks younger than he actually is and you will pick that he is humble. He will not mention his God given office to you, but his calling is the prophetic office. Should you meet such a man in the future, ask that he pray for you concerning the gift of prophecy, and God through him will impart some of his Light into you that will enhance your prophetic gift.
You will identify this man by what you will feel in your heart, sort of like a jump or a tick of some kind, and intuitively you will sense something different and unique about him. May God be praised for his hidden remnant who worship Him in Truth and Spirit.

Peace and Grace to you.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:10 AM
mindanalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton

Perhaps you may accept a suggestion. I feel in my spirit that a lot of growth would be attained through solitary retreat or even spending some time in a monastery. Your spiritual gifts are not active, but not much is left for them to function. I see that you have the gift of prophecy, this will be the first that will open up to you when you exercise solitary retreats. May God be praised for 1 Corinthians 14:1.

Interesting again :)

I have given thought in the past to what you mention. I divorced 2 years ago and I feel that my life is going nowhere now, and I am not even interested in finding another wife; I am attracted to women but the fear of going through the pain and misery of another ordeal (a lot of the blame is on me) has made me reconsider my perspectives for a relationship and I am not sure that I want to deal with these types of situations again. In the last year alone I have had several real opportunities and I have passed because I simply do not see it

I hold an excellent job as a computer programmer in a big city, but the motivation and creativity that I used to have is no longer there. I am focused in the well-being and health of my old mother who is battling an illness , my road cycling hobby, MOST OF ALL exploring my spirituality (admittedly kind of stagnant now) and traveling (Sweden / Norway in July and Colombia / Peru in December)

About what you mention; I am saving to retire [early] in a few years and go somewhere different.

I have considered a comfortable cabin in the woods ( mountains of NC), not totally isolated from civilization but with enough solitude to find myself and God.

Another possibility is to go the jungle in Peru and spend some time with shamans, I have thought about it before but it could be dangerous in the sense that I do not want anybody to steer me away from God (I delved in Santeria, a Cuban religion with African origins , in the past and I find this path extremely dangerous, that’s why I put it all behind and submitted myself to God and Christ ; btw the priestess of that religion that used to take care of me told me that in the future I would be able to “see”);

I have also considered India in the past but it does not resonate with me . Lastly I thought about Athos in Greece but I honestly don’t think that I have it in me for that level of ascetism, and I am not sure that I want to enclose myself in dogmatic views

Thank you for your advise and I will be paying attention about this young man that you mention