Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Master
Vatican.

What would Jesus think of the Vatican if he where alive today.

What would Jesus say about the Vatican bank, embroiled in scandal after scandal.

What would Jesus think if he saw the priceless collections of paintings, sculpture, jewels, gold and precious antiquities accumulated over the centuries by the church.

What would Jesus say if he saw some of his most prominent followers wearing expensive rings and using jeweled pectoral crosses and gold crosiers adorned in expensive pure silk cassocks and hand made shoes.

What would Jesus say if he saw Cardinals etc: in long silk capes processing to seats of honor at ceremonies and styling themselves as "princes" of the church.

What would Jesus say when the Vatican covers up the abuse perpetrated by Priests/Nuns etc : and babies born out of wedlock being sold to rich families.

I can only imagine what he would say, and I think it would be something similar to Shame on you all.

Cars registered to the Vatican have license plates with the letters SCV, these initials stand for Stato della Citta del Vaticano (Vatican City State). Some Italians say SCV stands for "Se Cristo Vedesse " If Christ could see it.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:48 PM
Master
I agree Sky. It's shameful. I went there many years ago. I was quite shocked at the gaudy riches on display, considering what it is supposed to represent.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:54 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

What would Jesus say about the Vatican bank, embroiled in scandal after scandal.

What would Jesus think if he saw the priceless collections of paintings, sculpture, jewels, gold and precious antiquities accumulated over the centuries by the church.

What would Jesus say if he saw some of his most prominent followers wearing expensive rings and using jeweled pectoral crosses and gold crosiers adorned in expensive pure silk cassocks and hand made shoes.

What would Jesus say if he saw Cardinals etc: in long silk capes processing to seats of honor at ceremonies and styling themselves as "princes" of the church.

What would Jesus say when the Vatican covers up the abuse perpetrated by Priests/Nuns etc : and babies born out of wedlock being sold to rich families.

I can only imagine what he would say, and I think it would be something similar to Shame on you all.

Cars registered to the Vatican have license plates with the letters SCV, these initials stand for Stato della Citta del Vaticano (Vatican City State). Some Italians say SCV stands for "Se Cristo Vedesse " If Christ could see it.

Oh, Pharisees of Pharisees!!!!
Then:
Forgive them Father, they do not understand.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:31 PM
Suspended

Quote:

You are just focusing on bad things people in the religion may have done. There are a lot of good things done by people in the religion as well.

To imagine what Jesus would say, you would have to be like Jesus. Jesus does not judge others, Jesus unconditionally loves everyone, the good and the bad, the sinner and the saint. Jesus knows all have sinned and no one is perfect.

What did Jesus say about the people who were murdering him?

Quote:
Luke 23:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left.
34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”[a] And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Jesus did not say.... "shame on you all." he said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Say someone was raised poor, can't find work, is hungry or addicted to drugs they use to forget their suffering and pain, so they rob others... maybe they are violent because violence is all they have known in this life... one does not say shame on them, one understands them. One tries to help them if they can.

Are all rich people who spend fortunes on art, or houses, or boats "sinning?" In a way yes. But maybe it's due to ignorance or a lack of compassion or empathy or awareness. There are people dying of starvation all over this planet. And some person pays 100 million for a house or a boat. But maybe they donate a lot to help the poor as well? I can't say what they are or what's in their hearts. That's between them and "god." Who are we to judge? People do bad things, selfish things, mean things, and also good things, unselfish things, kind things.

It's the same on these forums. We can call others names, post bad ideas about others, say they do this or that "sin" or we can say nice things about others, be kind and nice. There are over 7 billion people on this planet. The only one we need to "judge" is ourselves. But some people have positions of authority over others, jobs where they are paid to "judge" others. So in some, judging is a part of their lives. The more responsibility you have other others, the larger the potential you have to harm others. So the greater "sin" or bad karma you could incur.

Some in the church have huge houses and expensive cars and boats. When I was a Benedictine, I had a tooth brush, very few clothes, and nothing else. I had no possessions, no car, no money. My "room" was the size of a walk in closet. I had a bed, a nightstand, and one old chair. I could get books to check out in the library. No computer, no telephone, no tv, no radio, no music. I was totally cut off from the outside world. Like I said, everyone in the church is different and living a different life. I think we are where we are supposed to be for reasons we can't know. So do you best, whatever that is, with whatever you have. If you end up harming others, being unkind to others, purposely or not, you will reap what you sow.

Quote:
Galatians 6:7-9 King James Version (KJV)
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:16 AM
Master

Quote:

He is alive Sky so is everyone

I think Jesus would have more to say about political Christianity, the pope at least seems to be trying for peace and not playing politics unlike certain other groups, cough, evangelicals who often have wood for the end times and are a more obvious danger to man and beast. I hardly think Jesus is going to obsess over trivial stuff like wearing rolexes and swanking around in hand made shoes. Sure, the serious stuff would get the shaming it deserved but he is alive and if your not getting enough divine love, he's got plenty of it just for you
Old 12-05-2019, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I agree Sky. It's shameful. I went there many years ago. I was quite shocked at the gaudy riches on display, considering what it is supposed to represent.

They definitely don't ' Practice what they preach ' .

" Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever "

" Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth."
Old 12-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Guide

I'm sure that Jesus would say "sell all of these things and divide the wealth amongst the poor.

... But keep the Eucharist! lol
Old 12-05-2019, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark
I'm sure that Jesus would say "sell all of these things and divide the wealth amongst the poor.

I wonder do they think that by being beautiful to behold to some they are beautiful in the eyes of God.

Beauty is certainly in the eyes of the beholder....
Old 12-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark

Yes, give it back to the poor. The masses of poor prop it up.

And what about opening up their massive library. Instead of the long-winded and awkward system to get to see inside as it now is.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:34 PM
Guide

You must have been there before.

I like the way you think.

Moses ... "Open up the Library! Let my people through." lol