Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-04-2019, 02:48 AM
Seeker

Strange Experience

I've been trying to astral project for a couple years without any real success. The other night while trying, I actually started feeling something! Not the vibrations I have felt a few times before, but a pulling sensation in my legs. The thing that was really weird is the direction of the pulling. They felt like they were being pulled towards me, as in up towards my torso. Like someone was pushing my feet, but there was no feeling on the bottom of my feet, just the legs. And it was a VERY physical sensation... didn't feel like my "astral" legs, but my actual physical legs. It was very strong, so much that it was almost hard to keep my legs on the bed and not have my knees in the air from the tension.

I had my eyes closed and you know how you see colors/patterns/etc when your eyes are closed? Well I saw the shape of what looked like a sort of scary figure, but blew it off, chalking it up to coincidence (like clouds just happening to take the appearance of shape) or maybe my own fears triggering it.

I'm not overly fearful about something bad happening; if I really felt I would be likely to have a negative experience, I wouldn't be trying, but it's only natural for a small part of anyone to be a little apprehensive thinking about the possibility of encountering a negative entity or ending up on a lower plane, right?

So I'm feeling this pulling sensation and trying not to let myself get overly excited, and I'm seeing this figure-like image behind my eyes but trying not to read to much into it. I'm feeling slighty creeped out by it, but nothing to alarming. I put a circle of protection around myself to make myself feel better if nothing else.

This is where it gets weird to me (if the strong physical leg pulling isn't weird already). My roomate sleeps in the bed with me- I know, I know, it's best to try this somewhere I absolutely won't be disturbed or distracted, but the beds the only comfy place and it's a huge king size and he generally doesn't move around much at all through the night- and all the sudden he starts thrashing around in the bed. I'm trying to contain my annoyance (doesn't it just figure!) but I figure he'll settle quick and besides, it doesn't seem to be having an impact. The pulling sensation is still there, quite strong. But roomie doesn't really settle down, actually tosses and turns half the night, got out of bed 3 times (much to my irritation). At points I did feel the sensation ebb, especially with him getting in and out of bed. But the thing that really made an impression on me is that he NEVER thrashes around like that, so restlessly. He typically sleeps like a log.

Could it be possible that there was some sort of entity there and it was disturbing his sleep? Could it be that my slightly creeped out feeling was valid and there was something to that image behind my eyes? Which, btw, did disappear after putting the circle around myself. Also what about the strongly physical pulling sensation in a weird direction... is this normal?

If anyone has any input I'd love to hear it.
Old 17-04-2019, 12:26 AM
Seeker

<crickets>
Old 17-04-2019, 02:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnnThrope
I've been trying to astral project for a couple years without any real success. The other night while trying, I actually started feeling something! Not the vibrations I have felt a few times before, but a pulling sensation in my legs. The thing that was really weird is the direction of the pulling. They felt like they were being pulled towards me, as in up towards my torso. Like someone was pushing my feet, but there was no feeling on the bottom of my feet, just the legs. And it was a VERY physical sensation... didn't feel like my "astral" legs, but my actual physical legs. It was very strong, so much that it was almost hard to keep my legs on the bed and not have my knees in the air from the tension.

I had my eyes closed and you know how you see colors/patterns/etc when your eyes are closed? Well I saw the shape of what looked like a sort of scary figure, but blew it off, chalking it up to coincidence (like clouds just happening to take the appearance of shape) or maybe my own fears triggering it.

I'm not overly fearful about something bad happening; if I really felt I would be likely to have a negative experience, I wouldn't be trying, but it's only natural for a small part of anyone to be a little apprehensive thinking about the possibility of encountering a negative entity or ending up on a lower plane, right?

So I'm feeling this pulling sensation and trying not to let myself get overly excited, and I'm seeing this figure-like image behind my eyes but trying not to read to much into it. I'm feeling slighty creeped out by it, but nothing to alarming. I put a circle of protection around myself to make myself feel better if nothing else.

This is where it gets weird to me (if the strong physical leg pulling isn't weird already). My roomate sleeps in the bed with me- I know, I know, it's best to try this somewhere I absolutely won't be disturbed or distracted, but the beds the only comfy place and it's a huge king size and he generally doesn't move around much at all through the night- and all the sudden he starts thrashing around in the bed. I'm trying to contain my annoyance (doesn't it just figure!) but I figure he'll settle quick and besides, it doesn't seem to be having an impact. The pulling sensation is still there, quite strong. But roomie doesn't really settle down, actually tosses and turns half the night, got out of bed 3 times (much to my irritation). At points I did feel the sensation ebb, especially with him getting in and out of bed. But the thing that really made an impression on me is that he NEVER thrashes around like that, so restlessly. He typically sleeps like a log.

Could it be possible that there was some sort of entity there and it was disturbing his sleep? Could it be that my slightly creeped out feeling was valid and there was something to that image behind my eyes? Which, btw, did disappear after putting the circle around myself. Also what about the strongly physical pulling sensation in a weird direction... is this normal?

If anyone has any input I'd love to hear it.

I had my first out-of-body projection when I finished reading William Buhlman's "Adventures Beyond the Body", without any prior knowledge of the phenomenon.

I never encountered any malevolent entities in my non-physical experiences.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-04-2019, 03:44 PM
Newbie ;)

I find most success when im breathing into my feet. When exhaling you imagine the air is coming from your feet up to your mouth. The sensations in my feet keeps me awake. When i feel its time to transition, im imagining a rope from my ceiling, and im climbing up that rope and boom i am in astral.
Old 18-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Guide
MissAnnThorpe,

It seems to that what you were doing or trying to do was disturbing your bed mate.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:40 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
MissAnnThorpe,

It seems to that what you were doing or trying to do was disturbing your bed mate.

You nailed it. I thought, "how can I possibly disturb this mans sleep? I know! I'll lay as still as I can and make no noise. That should do it"