Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 27-01-2019, 04:52 AM
janielee

Thanks x9 sentient
Old 27-01-2019, 09:20 AM
Master
^
Yeah well – young lads pick up baby pythons from the bush and think it is cool to have them hanging around your neck for a while, till they do become a responsibility, plus the feed makes a hole in the pocket money. And you really do have to know how to care for them.

Did talk to a snake expert – who verified the species for me and reassured me that I probably did the best thing. It should have no more shedding skin problems in the wild rubbing against rough tree trunks and releasing it now was better than later when it would have gotten used to being fed.

Old 28-01-2019, 12:29 AM
janielee

Very interesting. I'm not an animal expert,so always interested to hear your tales and also help people like me get better educated on nature and its brethren.
Old 29-01-2019, 03:46 AM
Guide

I used to have a really cool job as a summer student working for an oil company in Northern parts of Canada. I cleaned up small oil stains or spills, painted stuff and picked weeds. Since I worked far from home, I would work one or two weeks away, then go back home for one week off.

Anyways, even for being already far from home, I often got to drive quads or Argos to get to certain areas to work. Sometimes I was even flown out to more remote places in a helicopter. One summer I tagged along with my supervisor to help do some task which I wasn't really needed for. We both had our own quads and drove out to a well site which took quite a few hours. On our way back, after my supervisor checked some pipe or something, we stopped in the middle of a clearing to take a break. We were stuck in muskeg which is like bog and very hard to drive through. It takes a lot of skill to drive through it (which is why we sometimes were flown to certain places in a helicopter).

During our break, my supervisor looked at me and said not to freak out but there were three or four bears about half a kilometer away coming towards us. I initially was not too afraid but then we noticed it was a mother bear and her cubs. We sat for awhile trying to decide what to do. There was nowhere to go except towards the bears and we had to drive through a huge patch of muskeg just to get onto dry land where the path back was. We decided we had no choice but to start our quads and once we got out of the muskeg to just drive as fast as possible past the bears. This was also all very dense forest we were in with the exception of the swampy areas.

So we started our quads and by the time we got out of the muskeg the momma bear and her cubs were already super close. Once we hit the dry land we zoomed past the bears and back to our work truck. When I rode past the bears I swear they were only a meter away from my quad. Needless to say, once we got back, I was so terrified, my hands wouldn't stop shaking for quite some time. Now me and my supervisor have a special bond and bring up the "bears" and laugh whenever we see each other. I have been close to bears tons of times but this was far too close for me.

Another time I was quading on a nice path and a Lynx was up ahead sitting on a log. I slowed down and pulled up beside the Lynx and turned off my quad. I was only maybe two meters from it and we just stared at each other. It was not afraid at all. Then it got up and casually started down the path and I followed behind it on my quad. Going very slowly just keeping pace. I just remember how cool and full of expression the face of the Lynx was.

I had many animals experiences up north. One of my favorite experiences happened quite a few times. I once extended my summer student work all the way to December as I took a short break from school. I used to have to work at one isolated camp which was 15 kilometers away from a bigger camp and I would drive there every day by myself. One time I got stuck on the road behind a herd of caribou. They were all running on the road in front of my work truck. Living in Canada I have seen moose, deer, elk, many times. But caribou are cool and they run weird. You also dont just see a few but a massive herd of them and they were all right in front and around the sides of my work truck.
Old 30-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Knower

I live in Wilmington, Delaware approximately 25 minutes from Philadelphia. I saw a Coyote cross my path as I was driving along route 100. First encounter with a coyote in this state I've ever had.

What could be the spiritual significance of seeing a Coyote cross my path in this unlikely scenario?
Old 17-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturewalker24
I live in Wilmington, Delaware approximately 25 minutes from Philadelphia. I saw a Coyote cross my path as I was driving along route 100. First encounter with a coyote in this state I've ever had.

What could be the spiritual significance of seeing a Coyote cross my path in this unlikely scenario?
Coyotes are a rare sight here as well. But I'll see 1 or 2 a year. A few nights ago I saw one running across some yards. Was the fastest thing I ever saw. It crossed 3 large yards in less than 2 seconds. A couple minutes after I saw a woman and her dog walking down the street. I assume it was running from them. I now understand why they call them ghost dogs. Still can't believe how fast it was.
Old 18-04-2019, 10:12 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Coyotes are a rare sight here as well. But I'll see 1 or 2 a year. A few nights ago I saw one running across some yards. Was the fastest thing I ever saw. It crossed 3 large yards in less than 2 seconds. A couple minutes after I saw a woman and her dog walking down the street. I assume it was running from them. I now understand why they call them ghost dogs. Still can't believe how fast it was.

ghost dogs of the west, returned from the east, for random encounters
Old 12-06-2019, 09:07 PM
ImthatIm

Stopped in the Black Hills Mountains after dark to use the tree.
Wife opened van door and there was a giant buffalo head leaning toward her.
It's eyes glistened from the dome light. She freaked.
I don't think it's head would have fit in the van door.
She quickly shut the door and we found another tree.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Two weeks ago I was sitting in the recliner next to one of the cabin's windows, heard a snorting sound and looked out - and a big bull moose was looking right in at me!! By the time I found my phone to take a pic, he'd wandered off up the ridge. Best guess was a 6-7' spread on his antlers...but things always look bigger when they're right in your face so who knows. I'm sure I'll see him again; they go down to the swampy area by the cedars to forage.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:17 AM
Master
Was on a trail one day when I began having a discussion with myself that I had not seen any rattle snakes.
Just then, I looked down and there was a Mohave Rattlesnake coiled up 'sleeping' on the trail.
My foot was about 1 foot above the rattlesnake.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜