Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Space_Man

"Mind" and "soul"

What are the distinctions/similarities between the two concepts of
Old 22-01-2006, 04:04 PM
howiemac

Re: "Mind" and "soul"

[quote=Space_Man]What are the distinctions/similarities between the two concepts of
Old 23-01-2006, 10:15 AM
DASA

Re: Mind & Soul

Interesting starting points ...

Bhagavad-Gita also describes a multi-layered reality of consciousness, very similar if not identical to what you are saying Howiemac - above basic 'mind' is our 'intelligence', above this is the subtle 'false-ego' which we feel is ourselves, then above this is our eternal self, the soul. Like the driver in a car identifies himself with the car, but only temporarily.

I remember also a book by Vera Stanley Alder on the Third-Eye that went into detail on the different layers of consciousness and how we could raise ourselves to be aware of the more subtle realities.

Gouranga,

Das
:-)
Old 01-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Poppies

To be honest, I'm not sure what I think about this subject.... I'm interested though....

I want to see the thread develop, but I don't feel I have anything to offer at the moment....

Can I ask what your thoughts are Space_Man? :)
Old 04-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Enlightener

Hey all,

Howiemac said: Our consciousness is normally (ie when not out of the body) located in the brain behind the third eye - this is the 'seat' of the soul - hence the confusion that consciousness is a function of the brain. Even the lower mind is separate from the brain - it can exist without a physical body (eg ghost, elemental).

I have to correct you there...our conciousness is located everywhere in our body, as with our mind, it is located in our entire body. And there is no such thing as the 'seat of the soul'. Soul is everywhere, your souls is all around you, it is what keeps you/holds you together. Have you ever heard the saying "The Soul of God Holds The Universe Together"? Well that is true of your body also, your soul (which is ultimately the soul of God...because we are all one) holds your body together, not the other way 'round, your body does not case your soul...

Well, that's all i wanted to say...

Blessed Be,
Braven

P.S. Space_Man, Poppies, Dasa, Howiemac where are you guys, i never see you post anymore, wish you well
Old 14-08-2006, 01:39 PM
agyat_theunknown

You simply dwell in your mind as consciousness. As your consciousness moves around with your thoughts and emotions, you get different understanding of mind. Sometimes as brain (physical), sometimes as heart (emotional) and sometime as soul (spiritual). Ofcourse, there is behavioural mind which is used by you while performing any action including gestures, talking etc.
Closed Thread