Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 26-03-2019, 06:04 PM
Ascender
Cool Can Cancer's be Prone to Addiction?

I know a very out of control type cancer whom seems to have addiction issues all over the place. I have little background with Cancer at all. Is this something that is in any way common to their sign?
Old 26-03-2019, 09:37 PM
Administrator
Anybody can be prone to addictions it doesn't matter what star sign you are

Namaste
Old 29-03-2019, 08:36 PM
Master
Not sure if sun sign is the best to go for when it comes to that, but I do think Cancer could be sensitive to falling for it, yes.
Cancer can have problems dealing with difficult feelings and emotions, tends to avoid them and conflict, like a crab walks sideways. Addiction can be a way to numb an overload feelings, that's why people get addicted.
Old 29-03-2019, 08:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Not sure if sun sign is the best to go for when it comes to that, but I do think Cancer could be sensitive to falling for it, yes.
Cancer can have problems dealing with difficult feelings and emotions, tends to avoid them and conflict, like a crab walks sideways. Addiction can be a way to numb an overload feelings, that's why people get addicted.

I have Asc Cancer and this is very me... avoidance in any way possible!

Old 07-04-2019, 11:18 PM
Master
Yep, they can be prone to addiction. Have a read up on astrology sites there is some good literature out there about the 12 signs and the struggles they may face.
Old 20-04-2019, 02:16 AM
Newbie ;)

Interesting question. My moon sign is Cancer, but my Sun sign is Capricorn. When I read the traits of my moon sign such as: wanting to stay in, seek comfort more than reward, bury my face in a book, these are all strong Cancer traits that work well for me, but also against me at times. I find that my moon sign is the side of me that comforts, and seeks comfort.
It's both good and bad. At times I can find relaxation in a book, but I can become imbalanced when I indulging in alcohol. In order to keep the comfort coming, I continue to indulge. Of course this isn't just something designated for a Moon sign. Many people -Cancers or not- struggle with addictions.
My Capricorn side on the other hand is my "get it done side." Though I'm introverted, I do have goals in my life that need to be accomplished. I'm fit, as exercise and movement are a big part of my life. Though I'm a home body, I'm always moving, always progressing.
If you feel that you relate with a particular sign, seek out your opposite as well. Sometimes people can't relate well with their sun sign, but are surprised at how accurate their moon sign is. Knowing both your Sun and Moon signs can help balance each other.
Old 20-04-2019, 08:14 PM
Master

I'm not sure if we can generalise and say that Cancerians are prone to addiction. Maybe it also depends on which planets are in Cancer and how these planets are aspected with other areas of the chart.

Some would say that Pisceans have a tendency to addiction because they have an innate urge to escapism in whatever form. The symbol for Pisces is two fishes swimming in opposite directions, one swimming upwards while the other goes downwards. This seems to describe the struggle of the addict.

I see there are various websites giving details of the most likely addictions for each sign. So maybe Leo (which emphasises "I am") might have a drive to stand out from the crowd by shopping for status symbols, while Capricorn with its drive to achievement might become a workaholic.

With any natal chart we cannot look at the sun sign or the moon sign in isolation. Much depends on other factors.

Peace.
Old 26-04-2019, 02:31 PM
Master
I am extremely resistant to addictive stuff. Also to toxins and venoms. Not sure it those are related. Sun sign is Cancer. Anyway based on me, then no But then again that is meaningless, really.

It's what Native Spirit and some others have said. It's a human iniquity. We all have the wolf of our purest heart and the wolf of our deepest darkness.

Every day we have to make choices. We have to choose to feed the good wolf and starve the bad wolf. Eventually, we strengthen the good wolf and the struggle becomes a burden we bear more easily. Eventually, we carry it in our hearts and not on our backs. But it never goes away. The deal you make with your dark wolf is this...you acknowledge him and you accept him...but YOU run your life, not him. The struggle and the act of taking decisions never ceases. This is how we define our humanity. Who we are at centre. Dumbledore was right, LOL.

It's just that those who are inclined to either numb out or bliss out with behaviours and/or substances have an even harder time starving the bad wolf and feeding the good.

I'm going to tell you right now...it can and often does take lifetimes to gain ground over your iniquities. So I look round and am compassionate toward others who struggle with these things. But...it's not absolution either, nor an excuse for not dealing with oneself...since so much of addictive behaviour is necessarily narcissistic, toxic, and destructive to others around them. So it's not just that they hurt themselves. We all have to rise to the fight, the internal one. The hardest one.

For me, be compassionate and supportive -- and we need community and societal support and treatment all round. But also draw your boundaries...you are not here to be abused.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke