Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 18-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Lepus

Book1 Oneiromancy

Hello

Just came across this term through a webpage on mythology. Oneiromancy is a form of divination based upon dreams; it is a system of dream interpretation that uses dreams to predict the future; commonly called a prophetic dream. A dream journal comes in handy when interpreting dreams whilst connecting all dreams together to form a bigger picture; thereafter this picture may result in a precognition, but sometimes a one night sleep could result in having a prognostic dream. Personally, I don't recall having any prophetic dreams.

Do you believe in precognitive dreams? Did you ever had any prophetic dreams? If so, what was it?

Lepus
Old 21-06-2018, 04:05 PM
Master
Lepus,

Hi.

Personally I have not had dreams I would call prophetic myself.

I have had though prophetic waking imagery/ visions. Sometimes come and feel like normal daydreams, which later come to accurately relate to a future event.

What of our waking visions, and imagery then? Can these not too be considered dreams?

Thanks for the topic. I am interested in hearing from others as well, if they have had prophetic like dreams.
Old 21-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Administrator
Hello

I had had those dreams, they are not the fun form of a dream, my eldest Son too has had them since he was a small child. Would wake up and tell me strange things that I would make note of but not take to heart. Not until it started to like me really come to pass and show facts that could not be made up.

We too have had dreams where an event has unfolded as we slept and come to wake and put on the news and find it happened. The Japan quake was one event dream. I woke up feeling over come by waves and a wash out, to me it felt like a ship going under. My Son told me that he felt a mother and child in water and a bridge, he was under the bridge watching. He said that water came in and a child was washed out to sea from her arms.

He said that there was a lot of damage. We put the news on and there was a bridge and a witness telling the story of the mother and child, he was clinging to the bridge as the wave came in. Some how his energy met my Son's energy.

For me one I had was with family and a plane crash, but it made no sense as they would only fly "first class" or "private jet" so a small commercial plane made no sense to me so I dismissed it. For it to happen just as I saw it happen. They died going to pick up their new luxury yacht.

Lynn
Old 21-06-2018, 06:11 PM
Master
Oh scratch that. Lynn reminded me yes, I have had a prophetic like dream where I was asleep. I am sorry I had not thought of it, as I did not consider it could be considered a prophetic dream.

It was the morning before Charles Manson died. I heard a spirit voice come to me in a dream, addressing me by first name and stating that Charles Manson had died. It spoke of how my father would be upset- he detested Manson, naturally.

I did not consider this a prophetic like dream as I am used to viewing this sort of thing as Spirit work or Spirit messages. As the message came from the world of Spirit.

I woke up feeling how very odd the dream was, what stood out is that it felt very very real. That the information from the dream was true.

I confirmed it by logging into social media expecting it to be blasted everywhere. I decided before logging on that if indeed it was blasted everywhere- that it is confirmation.

To utter shock it was there- everywhere.

When my father asked me when he saw me, I had just woken up- he asked if I knew Charles Manson was dead, and I told him yes I already knew. When he asked me how I knew, I lied to him and told him I found out through social media. Well I half lied anyway. I didn't want to get into a discussion about spirituality at the time so I didn't let him know, I was told in a dream.

Lynn's message reminded me of this experience.

So yes, once I had a prophetic like dream. I just don't call it this, so forgot this experience.
Old 22-06-2018, 05:53 AM
Pathfinder

when i was younger i used to dream that i was chased by several people.
running through the woods.
sometimes they had guns.
sometimes i'd hide in a cottage and find a girl and got all romantic with her.

there was little prophetic about these dreams though.
apart from the fact i never found the cottage in real life.

as a kid the dreams were more mythological.
running from dragons.
sometimes turning around and fighting them.
Old 22-06-2018, 06:33 AM
Pathfinder

When we fall asleep the spirit is freed and leaves in every horizontal direction.

Whether it returns several times during sleep I do not know, but I can imagine at certain stages like REM sleep this may be needed.
Or maybe exactly not at that stage but at another/s.

When we wake up the spirit has to return, it is called by the body as it can't "wake" without it.
It is not just called, it is being forced and drawn into the body by the body.

The body is robust and at the same time refined and subtle.
It is the machine that drives and contains everything and immensely powerful.

Much more powerful than the spirit it calls upon.
The only thing that can defeat the body is it's mind, it's willpower.
Because the mind is a bodily component, it is the body expressing.

On a rare occasion the body looses it's grip while conscious and we have what is called an outer body experience.

Dreams are very practical, it can be simply that we are training a given situation.
We are a little more sensitive to subtleties when we are dreaming.
So more receptive and thus more likely to communicate in the more subtle layers of existence.
What may be or prophecy.
Old 14-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Best

One of the best post
Old 14-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Newbie ;)

Sleep

I have a lot of dreams but sometimes we need to sleep well
Old 14-11-2018, 01:03 AM
Newbie ;)

I, personally, use to have waking dreams. I was in high school when they started. Unfortunately, they often dealt with a death or car accidents. After I had the same dream three times I knew it would come true. I always shared the dreams with the people who were in my dreams. In hindsight, I see that by telling them the dream they were able to alter the outcome because I warned them. However, because of my fear I shut down that gift and never got it back.