Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 26-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Zarra

Prayers/Mantras/Affirmations for anxiety?

Throw out suggestions! Anxiety is a universal human emotion, and for those of us with an anxiety disorder like myself its even more prominent. I'm sure some of you guys know of great affirmations for when one is feeling anxious...
Old 26-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Knower

Hi Zarra,

I too have dealt with anxiety in the past. If I were you, I'd try something along the lines of: "I am confident, calm and collected. I have control over myself in all situations." You may want to finish it with an "Amen" or an "Om". I don't know a huge amount about affirmations but I do know you have to repeat them consistently for them to work their way into your subconscious and have an effect. You might want to say your chosen phrase(s) several times a day - Perhaps just when you wake up, in the middle of the day and when you're drifting off into a peaceful slumber at night. You can also write it on paper (fill the piece of paper front and back) to help it get it into your subconscious. Do choose your words carefully.

As a general rule, I prefer using my own affirmations (on the occasions I do use them) as I feel they're a very personal thing and only you truly know what works for you. I also know they work, IF you're consistent with them.

I hope this helps, even if just a little bit.

Good luck,

seeker89
Old 26-02-2012, 12:58 AM
chaitanyaram

I've found affirmations tremendously effective! As seeker89 described, saying them consistently, I did it just before sleep and waking, as is often recommended.

They need to be positive and in the present tense, not future tense.

"I am getting better and better in every way, every day" is a famous one. It seems to align our inner intelligence to work towards that goal, as well as attracting outer energies and happenings that help our journey.

Universal Love,
chaitanyaram
Old 01-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Arfie

I like mine to fit into two parts: Inhale - exhale. I most often take them from whatever is making me anxious. Eg, visiting a dentist: Love - clean teeth.

A few of my personal standards for when the moment is not providing inspiration:

Let go - let God
Love - rules
Let the - mystery be
It is - all good
Old 03-03-2012, 12:05 PM
ArmoaENERGY

I like this matra is so simple and so deep :)

I AM THAT I AM
Old 03-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Master
try this one: Aum Namo Shivaya, and in your mind think (I am one with god).
say it in your head or out loud either is fine and keep repeating it, try to say at leats ten times if not more when you use it.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:06 AM
ArmoaENERGY

I had beautiful experience with this to OM TAT SAT, is a energy of your soul! Amazing mantra...
Old 15-03-2012, 10:23 AM
DreamBliss

Three things:

1. Begin meditating at least once every day, if you are not already meditating already. Try a mantra like, "Peace, Calm." Choose your own words, ones that really strike you, a few words or a short sentence. Use that as a mantra during your mediation. Focus on the sound of the words, not the words themselves. Yogani provides excellent instructions in, "Deep Meditation." This is what I use, and my mantra is, "Release, Flow." Try your mantra for two weeks, then change it if you come up with something that strikes you more. Always give a two week trial period.

2. Jack Canfield, in, "Living the Law of Attraction" describes something I think of as, "Statements of Intent." I have a list I say three times every day when I get up. In your case I would state this, "Today I want to be at peace." Again use your own words if you come up with a statement you like better. Focus on the positive, never say what you don't want, such as, "Today I don't want to feel anxious." PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT! It places the focus on what you don't want, not what you do want. So you have to phrase it with a focus on what you do want.

3. Create a mental movie, as detailed in Maxwell Maltz's, "Psycho Cybernetics." I write a script and then, whenever the situation arises in which I need it, I take a few moments and run the movie. I have one for depression where I climb up out of a swamp, and another for anger where I redirect lava toward a processing plant. In your case a possible script would be you seeing yourself, in a situation that normally causes you anxiety, responding in a perfectly calm, collected and at peace. Another one you could try would be to see yourself as a duck in sudden rainstorm (like water off a dukc's back). Write a script relevant to your situation that appeals to you.

All these things work for me, and I am confident they will work for you. Using these methods will remove the anxiety from your life, and they are only limited in power by your belief in them.
- DreamBliss
Old 01-04-2012, 08:21 PM
adrina

That what helps me - meditation, its powerful!! Wonderful advice. Also, it works on subconscious level, before you know it - you become pure. Set an intention :) Good luck
Old 17-04-2012, 05:11 AM
Knower

How's it all going, Zarra?