Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-12-2012, 03:33 PM
4everLove

comfort zone

Hello All! I have posted in here about a new job I will start next month before, but it is still on my mind.

I am just so nervous and out of my comfort zone and it's all I think about now, but I understand that we need to get out of our comfort zones in order to grow spiritually!

I just wanted to see what other's experiences are with being out of your comfort zones all for the right reasons.

Peace and love :)
Old 12-12-2012, 03:57 PM
peacegarden

Nervousness is understandable, but is it all worry or is there some excitement?

Breaking out of comfort zones is an excellent practice, but I think we have to be led by the heart, and not force ourselves to do things the heart resists. Otherwise it is better to remain in the comfort zones and wait for the heart to tell us otherwise.

Just my ten cents . . congrats on the new job
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Nakae

I've been breaking out of comfort zones left right and center lately! The funny thing is...the world didn't stop turning, no one died, and I still have food in my fridge.

In my experience, usually nervousness is a good sign and to go with it. You never know what's behind the door if you don't walk through. :) Besides, if it's not all you thought it would be, you can always change course and chalk it up to experience.

I have a huge fear of public speaking -I don't even know why I have it. What did I do, join and networking group where you have to stand up and talk about your business for a whole sixty seconds to 20-30 people. The first time was the most petrifying thing on the face of the planet for me. The biggest joke of all, is that about half the group came up to me afterwards and were like you did great I never would have guessed you were so nervous, you speak very openly and eloquently. WHAT??? I just kept thinking are you sure it was me that you heard up there?? 4 weeks in, I still get nervous but I'm definitely alot more confident.

Congratulations!! Go get 'em!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Knower

You can cope with it, you can always cope with anything the universe throws at you. But it is up to you whether you actually do cope or not.
When life has got too perfect, you are riding the wave all the time, then its time to change and go a different direction. Without challenge life is pointless
Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Mathew

G'day 4everLove

We learn very little being tucked away in our comfort zones, we really only learn when we are not in these comfort zones so go for it & be happy that you’re not stagnating.

It’s always nerve racking at first when first coming out of one’s comfort zone but the more you come out of this comfort zone the less nerve racking it is.

Love
Mathew
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everLove
Hello All! I have posted in here about a new job I will start next month before, but it is still on my mind.

I am just so nervous and out of my comfort zone and it's all I think about now, but I understand that we need to get out of our comfort zones in order to grow spiritually!

I just wanted to see what other's experiences are with being out of your comfort zones all for the right reasons.

Peace and love :)

Moving through our own limitations, allowing ourselves to *feel* what we feel in that step forward and accepting what we feel in the process fully...helps immensly

Change opens up a great deal of our insecurities and when the change is new and unknown we go through our own process to adapt and learn more about our willingess and abilities in this life..in general.

honouring your own process leading into the new spaces and out of ones comfort zone..is all we can do...

I often ask myself...in these times..what is it that I am worried about, fearing...in this new space...often when we open up the underlying feelings behind our nervousness, we can work through the issues with more clarity and less emotional turmoil..
Old 13-12-2012, 01:57 AM
4everLove

all of these are such helpful responses!

peacegarden, I realized that I may be a little to worried and so I need to relax and let God take control.

I do know that I made the right decision to take it and it will lead to greater things. If I did not take it then I would have been stuck doing the same thing I have been doing, which no longer satisfies me.

Thank you all and bless you all with your life endeavors!