Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 PM
imageimaginer

Hi Alana,
What works for me is just being alone for a while even if its just for a day or two. What I also do is go into nature regularly like take walks in the forest or even go camping for a weekend. I don't know what it is about nature's energy but it always seems to make me feel good again and all of the emotions and even thoughts of others seem to get washed away. When this happens I am able to find myself again.

As empaths, the ability to feel everything can sometimes be overwhelming. Detuning from others' thoughts and feelings is the only way otherwise you will have energies in you that will linger and if they are not dealt with and by this I mean lifted off of you then they can disrupt your life. This is when protection and grounding meditations become most important.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:20 AM
OceanWaves19161

Thanks

Just wanted to say a quick thankyou for the advice. I'll have to keep what u said in mind and keep remembering to ground myself. I'm not a very grounded person I got told it was due to stuff in a past life. I've been told to ground myself alot lately-must be a message!
Old 04-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Michael523

Thank you to all who have responded to this. Like many, I grew up being an empath, and like many others, it took time to learn how to work with and deal with this gift. Growing up in the Christian church did not always allow me to find easy or available avenues of information, and it just took some time and learning.

When I have people who ask me about being empathic, now I have a wonderful link to send them to. For me, sometimes it is difficult to explain things on an individual and personal level, but this posting will help in so many ways.

Thank you all.

Spiritually,
Michael
Old 26-03-2007, 11:55 PM
freedancer

Bless you Jaycee,
You have just put into words what i've been feeling all of my life.I'd never heard of an empath in this sens.Sure i knew i had such strong empathy with people and even major events but i didn't see it as a gift but a kind of curse in a way.Like when there is a major disaster,i would become quite ill from the after effects of the feelings it had evoked in me.Wow,you are a real treasure for posting this thread honey,thank you so much.I think you may have just changed my life in such a profound way.I can't believe how lucky i am to have found this wonderful site and such beautiful loving and giving spirits within it.I'm home!!!!! Put the kettle on,i'm stayin for tea!!and dinner and lunch and midnight snacks! Tee hee,sorry,but i'm so so very excited about finding you all.I just thought i was a loony!!!
Peace and sunshiny smiles to you all.

Ley XXX
Old 27-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Maranda

Ley,

We're all loonies and some of us are proud of it. lol
Old 31-03-2007, 04:38 PM
freedancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maranda
Ley,

We're all loonies and some of us are proud of it. lol

Maranda,
I'm learning honey.Learning to be proud of me.Bless you.

LeyXXX
Old 04-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Revena

1st hand experience - being an empath

Hello dear spirits,
Being an empath I can relate to all which has been communicated here - unfortunately I tend to become reclusive - on the roller coaster of life I can be so overwhelmed by the emotions of others that I can not function correctly - salt baths clean and bring me back to who I am - releasing all I have picked up and restoring me and returning the any other feelings I have from others to the originator (always for their highest good and with unconditional love) I believe if God wishes these aspects to be returned then they will be - if not then they will be embraced by his immense loving and removed.)
I have been shown many times how to close down - how to protect myself - I cant bring myself to do it - I always see this as a special gift - it is means feeling someone sadness - to be able to help the other - then I am open precisely for that reason. Whether in joy or in pain - my heart is open- to be able to understand through the emotions that link into me.
God bless you all in love and light.
revena
Old 07-05-2007, 03:21 AM
Experiencer

I am extremely empathetic.
There are times when I feel the need to quench the need to tear up. From simply riding the bus, to sitting in a classroom, or even just a walk to the convenience store. I am very much drawn to strong emotions, especially pain and suffering. I can generally tell what is wrong with somebody when I see them; I can feel their emotions within me; my blood and heart synchronize with the life force.

There was a girl last year; I had a strong connection to last year. She was very pretty, honor student, very active, lovely family, had everything. Yet she was very much depressed, it was quite sad. She liked me as well, I remember I could read her very well as she walked through the hallways, at time I think I could even feel her while she sat in a classroom on the other side of the school. A very dark sadness, I could feel the discomfort and pain. I was always able to sense her and the emotion, even when she was from quite the distance away.

I think a lot of empathic people suffer extremely from negative emotions or the energy of others. It is something that you need to shield yourself from. I always have to question constantly if what I am experiencing is my own feelings or other of others. You can feel your community and those that surround you.

Although it can be a very powerful gift, especially for the creative aspect of mind; it is great when your min and senses can work closely. Much talent and creativity can be abstracted from it. Much manifestation can occur rapidly. I think most people who are artists or people on strong spiritual movements are empathetic.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:37 PM
elaine

Hi just wanna say a big THANKYOU, to all that have posted in here, thanks also to
jay for posting this.

This has put my mind at rest on a lot of issues and worries that I had. I can now go forward happily, and am looking forward to learning more. Thanks for all your help.

love and light elaine xx
Old 07-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Orion von Koch

What is the Crux of Being here in Time/Space??? Why Be??? What is being other than knowing you are able to think??? Why do we seek to protect the thinking form from destruction after it has thought something? What is thinking but reviewing actions to maintain the vehicle for future leveraging of the elementals of existence? Why must one be here? We seem to examine our being to become more. As we become more our vehicle erodes. As time passes the vehicle no longer can sustain the means of thinking and we slowly pass into the void. Others pick up our thoughts and and carry parts of it forward and it goes on and on. But is this only an illusion? There seems to be a distant thinker in the mix —one that drives our very being from the darkness. It is like a program that determines exactness and procedure for leveraging the elements of this information packed realm we call living. There seems to be a lot of automatic means of moving us through this realm of being. The thinking part of us seems to be in for a ride. We ride the light of this realm where everything is automatically moving into new data constantly. There is no going back under the same conditions, only forward where change is taking place with new aspects to ponder with our mind or our thinking part of this experience. Our future depends upon a proper or positive process of determining what aspects to use in the mix of past data for future leveraging of trends and conditions. The Crux of being seems to depend upon something that maintains some form of constancy that we can maintain the information float in a burgeoning echelon over the chaos potential. If chaos can rise, we are destroyed or move to a higher echelon of existence or thinking in a new environment. It is all information manipulation on our part and that of the system within which we dwell. It is always becoming.

The Crux of Being involves a multifaceted means of existence. Each part interacts with its other parts. We are parts of the whole that must be present in order to interact and perceive existence. Otherwise we do not exist. Yet, we are one collective and parts of us lose our vehicles but our knowledge interweaves with the knowledge of our other parts. We should love one another as we love ourselves for the other is us.
Closed Thread