Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Knower
What does it mean to love? To love ....

What does it mean to love?

"To love means to serve, to give."
B.D.

(I've read about Love (its Divine meaning) a lot and keep finding new uplifting thoughts. This one though really gives me an impulse in my life.)

Blessings
*Love is a Divine condition.*
Love Wisdom Truth - Video
The Good Prayer - Video
Old 02-12-2011, 02:14 AM
rsingh

What does it mean to Love? Meaning you give to Love is dependent on your state of consciosness. Love is a feeling and if you have not experienced this feeling then you may not realy understand what it means. Conceptualy it can be described as bond of oneness. Degree of love can vary from "acceptance of an object to be as it is" to "be one with it". "To serve or to give without expecting anything in return " can also be described as love. But if you expect something in return to your service then it is not love, then it is a bargain or business. God is described as Love because it unites everything that exists. Human ego makes it diffecult to love. Actualy human beings are combination of form and formless or love. So humans have a capacity to love and at the same time have capacity to analyze. Love unites and it arises from formless or life. Mind divides and leads to differentiation of everything that if perceives. Eventhough mind and life are opposing functions, they exist simultanously at the same place in human beings. If we are living predominantly from mind then we have less capability to love. This is the case with most of humanity. If we are living our life predominantly from life or formless then we are more capable to love. If we are living from formless then mind becomes the servant of formless and is not much of a problem. Otherwise mind moves our life between pleasure and pain. Actually more of pain than pleasure. It is little pleasure or hope of pleasure that keeps us going. Some persons have love in one aspect of their life and they can achieve great fame in those aspects of their life. It is usually found in artists such as painters, singers etc.

Love is life. Love is God. Love is foundation of life. Love is all that is. We can describe love in so many ways.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Humm

Oh yes, to love is to serve, to give - to accept, to open, to create.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:25 AM
Master
What does it mean to discover you are love itself?

Xan

Old 02-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Guide
I think the Greek words for love describe it pretty well. There are so many types of love and these four words sum them up very well, at least for me:

Agápe: mean unconditional love. It refers to a general affection or deeper sense of "true love" rather than mere infatuation. Agape is used to describe sacrificial love.

Éros: is passionate love, with sensual desire and longing, It can denote "intimate love;" but does not have to be sexual in nature.

Philia: means friendship, a virtuous love, a concept developed by Aristotle. It includes loyalty to friends, family, and community, and requires virtue, equality and familiarity. It denoted a general type of love.

Storge: means "affection". It is natural affection, like the feeling a parent has for their child.

This information is found on Wikiepedia and it is much more in-depth there.

I live in the Southern USA and here we say 'love you' to friends, children, family members, we can say, 'I love that food' or 'I love that car' a variety of different things. I was surprised when I began meeting people from all over the world, surprised that other cultures do not do this. I am not criticizing in any way; I am just making a statement about this. I learned that in some cultures they only have one word for love and it is used only in regards to love between a man and a woman. After learning this information I began learning about the way the word was used in ancient times and I found that my perception of love most closely relates to the words the Greek used for Love.
Thank you Love Wisdom Truth for beginning this thread. It is an interesting subject.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 02-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
What does it mean to discover you are love itself?

Xan

Sometimes, love hurts.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:14 AM
Knower
"When one is full of love they can do nothing else but serve god; for god is love"

- Jesus, from the Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ
Old 02-12-2011, 04:14 AM
Master
Often people like to say 'who you really are' or tell that 'you are awareness' or 'you are love itself'.

Sounds nice and it gives the impression they know something, but in fact it only draws attention to them demonstating how spiritual they are.

Love is problematic when one is led to believe he lacks it in comparison to those make such overt demonstrations.

What is felt heartfully is love so don't let romanisized spiritual nicities distract from that.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Often people like to say 'who you really are' or tell that 'you are awareness' or 'you are love itself'.

Sounds nice and it gives the impression they know something, but in fact it only draws attention to them demonstating how spiritual they are.

Love is problematic when one is led to believe he lacks it in comparison to those make such overt demonstrations.

What is felt heartfully is love so don't let romanisized spiritual nicities distract from that.

Yeah, I really sorta get that, Gem..........It's like when in the Bible, it talks about the pharisees and priests and how they would pray openly/in public and make a showy display of their supposed piety.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Sometimes, love hurts.

It's not love that hurts but what often goes along with it from the human mind.

Xan

Closed Thread