Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 04-12-2018, 01:48 AM
Seeker

I enjoyed your post and wondered if you'd be open to telling me more. I wonder if by using your characters and changing them a little bit, they are encouraging you are trying to give you ideas, to help develop the characters better.

I have spirit guides who talk to me but I'm not going to share my experiences here.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:23 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondancer
Mine also manifest in a similar way. I've been writing a story in my head for at least 10 years now. Part of me honestly feels that I am just in the process of remembering past lives. And my guides appear as characters, as best friends along the journey with the character that represents a part of me.

I try not to get too tied down with these characters, as I honestly feel these are just past physical manifestations of their souls. I know that now they aren't going to be exactly like how I wrote them within my story, because they have experienced so many more lives like I have.

Yet, I do find comfort being able to connect with them in this way. I mostly connect with them via dreams and meditation, with thoughts that don't seem to be coming from myself alone. Being able to paint an image of who they once were is meaningful to me, I want to honor them in this way I guess, because I truly know that I love my guides with my whole being.

They are my family, through and through.

Yep, my experiences exactly. It's encouraging to know there are others getting the same kinds of input in similar ways. I too feel like I've known most of them from past lives - my primaries, especially (I actually have two, but usually just one at a time. There are two that take turns, as one is an apprentice to the other)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondancer
do you mean you heard/read this phrase in the context of how do spirit guides try to communicate with you?

Yes, when I'd created the thread, it was the first time I'd come across the phrase, and I was wondering whether it was one that was common. I've since learned that the 'Spiritkeeping' forums use a variety of terms that are not typically used elsewhere. Their take on spirits and our relationship to them is a bit different - not bad, it just doesn't resonate with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBird23
I enjoyed your post and wondered if you'd be open to telling me more. I wonder if by using your characters and changing them a little bit, they are encouraging you are trying to give you ideas, to help develop the characters better.

I have spirit guides who talk to me but I'm not going to share my experiences here.

My team presents themselves as characters I've designed (or, at least, I think they're my designs!) for a graphic novel/web comic I plan on making. I've been developing their story for almost twenty years now, and the guides have been filling in the character's shoes for all but a few of those.

Before meeting my guides, I had trouble sleeping, so I'd play mental games to help relax. I'd imagine myself as one of my favorite video game characters, working with all my other favorite video game characters to fight crime. Classic superhero fantasy stuff. I would find out later that this was actually the start of my experience with my guides - they were filling in the parts of the other characters, playing with me and using the scenarios I'd concocted to teach me lessons through story.

The first time I'd met one of my guides was in my mid-teens. I happened to be pretty upset about something that had happened with a friend, but had to go to work. As I was walking towards a tree I'd passed every day for months without incident, I felt a presence, as if someone were standing under the tree, waiting for me. There was no one visibly there, but in my head, I recall imagining the main character I'd created for an online story telling forum game was leaning against the tree, smiling and waiting for me to notice him. He said "Hey, what's up" - and like his presence, the words registered in my mind as if I'd heard them, but there hadn't been a physical sound.

I remember thinking the experience felt a lot like the game I'd play to put myself to sleep - so I thought I was imagining it, letting a fantasy get the better of me as I was already in a bad mood. I kept noticing it though, standing in a corner, sometimes making a small friendly comment, but obviously waiting for me to finish my shift so it could tell me why it was there. When I got home, it introduced me to the rest of the team - at the time, six other 'characters' who had apparently all been waiting for this moment for quite some time.

Over time, I would learn more about these entities. They made it clear that they were not the characters of my story per se, but I would continue to see them this way because that's the energy they've chosen to resonate with me. These characters serve as shells, in a way; a wrapper used to translate their spiritual presence into input I can interpret, sort of like how our physical bodies are merely avatars we use to interact with the physical plane. Even so, each entity chose the character that suited their personalities best (and, perhaps, might have even guided my creation of these characters to include traits they wanted to express).

The closer I grew to them, the more I'd see their individual quirks that set them apart from the characters they were inhabiting - and since these quirks are not unlike those you'd find in a real person, I've happily started using what I've noticed in the story characters to make them more realistic. Every so often, the spirits will sneak in a design tweak - a costume change, usually - which usually result in cosmetic alterations.

One might think the spirits are having a little too much say in my story. To that, I would say that's only a problem for the ego. I can wholeheartedly say the story is far better with the alterations they've helped me make. The revelations they've shown me have helped me add a metaphysical twist to the story that's completely transformed it into a mind-bending trip through alternate timelines and dimensions. I never could have made sense of it without their higher-dimensional help. Nonetheless, I've asked them to stay out of my other story, a novel which is actually in progress and mostly finished, to leave that one for my own enjoyment of effort, and they've complied. Only briefly did any of the guides look like the characters from this book (yes, a few of them changed identities, and one of them even alternated between identities of each story for a while), but they leave it alone now. ...I actually might pull them back in, to help me out of a writer's block!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here or through PM! Finding others who are experiencing similar phenomena is in itself a huge help to me, and I hope I can return the favor by sharing what I've learned of my experience so it might help make sense of what's going on on their side of the fence :)
Old 05-01-2019, 10:23 AM
Seeker

This is a really interesting thread. I find guidance from visions and dream journeys. In these I may meet a guide as a character, but I feel that the places and settings are as significant as the character.

Well done on your writing, it sounds amazing.