Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 02-08-2018, 03:18 AM
Newbie ;)

Can I get some help on crystals?

Hello everyone and thank you in advance to anyone who decides to help me!

I've recently taken an interest in crystals and I have a few questions. Here they are:

1. What are some good starter crystals?
2. Where can I safely buy authentic crystals online?
3. How can you tell real crystals from fake crystals?

I think that's it.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Old 02-08-2018, 03:39 AM
Experiencer

All in one answer....buy a chakra set from etsy. I know of some good reasonably priced sellers who sell only authentic stuff. A set for a beginner should have either a black or red stone for the root chakra usually red jasper. Lapis, sodalite, or amythest for the 6th chakra, usually rose quartz for the heart or a green stone like green adventurine. Then it should have a yellow and orange stone for the 2nd and 3rd chakras then most likely selenite for the crown.

Once you hold a real crystal in your hand you will know the fake ones by touch. I cant explain how you just know.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Master
I would not start with many crystals in one go or a set. Nor would I look for what people consider 'beginner's crystals'. Chances are they don't resonate with you at all, so it won't help you to get into crystals, to get a connection with them.
I bought 'beginners crystals' and it only stopped my development as I didn't feel a thing.
My advice would be to just look around for a crystal and when you see one that really seems to call you, go for that one.
On Ebay you have buyer's protection and I find it to be pretty safe. I'd go for American sellers as they often have wonderful crystals that are not fakes and have a great vibration.

If you don't know where to begin, going for a specific colour could help. And whilst searching for that colour crystal you may even come across something else that really draws your attention, then go for that.
Just trust that you will find the right crystal(s) if you are really wanting and needing them.

DOn't buy from the head, thinking "This crystal does XYZ and I need that!"
There's always a gazillion other crystals that work on the same thing, so you have to feel drawn to it to end up with the right one for you.

You can also browse through a shop's online offer, just to get a feel and maybe find something you really like, even if you then end up buying such a crystal on Ebay or Etsy.
Or get Judy Hall's guide (one of them) and browse through that.
Don't be in too much of a hurry to get crystals because then you'll only end up with the ones that don't resonate.
I still got my first beginners stones, I don't ever use them, never have, doubt I ever will. I bought them from the head...
Old 02-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I would not start with many crystals in one go or a set. Nor would I look for what people consider 'beginner's crystals'. Chances are they don't resonate with you at all, so it won't help you to get into crystals, to get a connection with them.
I bought 'beginners crystals' and it only stopped my development as I didn't feel a thing.
My advice would be to just look around for a crystal and when you see one that really seems to call you, go for that one.
On Ebay you have buyer's protection and I find it to be pretty safe. I'd go for American sellers as they often have wonderful crystals that are not fakes and have a great vibration.

If you don't know where to begin, going for a specific colour could help. And whilst searching for that colour crystal you may even come across something else that really draws your attention, then go for that.
Just trust that you will find the right crystal(s) if you are really wanting and needing them.

DOn't buy from the head, thinking "This crystal does XYZ and I need that!"
There's always a gazillion other crystals that work on the same thing, so you have to feel drawn to it to end up with the right one for you.

You can also browse through a shop's online offer, just to get a feel and maybe find something you really like, even if you then end up buying such a crystal on Ebay or Etsy.
Or get Judy Hall's guide (one of them) and browse through that.
Don't be in too much of a hurry to get crystals because then you'll only end up with the ones that don't resonate.
I still got my first beginners stones, I don't ever use them, never have, doubt I ever will. I bought them from the head...
That's what I was looking for! I was thinking if to keep in pocket one crystal or more. For last few weeks it was rose quartz and... it attracted love! I thought that's impossible for a gemstone to attract anything, but it did. Now I'm a bit confused on what to focus in my development - love/emotions, material/physical sphere, or higher/spiritual realm. I thought about switching to citrine so it'd help with physical world "issues", but I don't know which gemstone would be the best for that.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:33 AM
Master
Imo you can't get better than FairyCrystal's advice here, wonderful advice, and I agree to try not to start with a beginners set, to look and browse around for crystals, and pick out ones you feel drawn to already, as opposed to order a set and then see how you feel.

You'd end up with perhaps one or two you may like, and many not so much. In which sense giving back is always good- give to someone who may show an interest in the stones you did not personally resonate with- young children are always a great option to give to- as long as you know them- a niece, nephew, child of your own, as it draws their curiosity in.

But like I said imo FairyCrystal's advice here is spot on.

luke- for real physical world crystals, perhaps look to what resonates to you? Deep down I feel if a stone calls to you to be used, it usually will work with you in these personal matters in the way you need them to, trusting your gut on these things is the way many interested in these properties of crystals and their energy usually go.

Example- I recently found a mudstone. I held it first before reading online in regards its possible properties. When I did read up on it- a site listed a quality where when the stone is rubbed it has a calming effect, having previously held it and tried this first, I found what I was reading in regards to this accurate.

Yet I held it myself first- tested it out for myself.

I find this method to have interesting results.

Best of luck to you both, luke, and the original poster.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Pathfinder

Personally, I let my intuition guide me. If a stone resonates with me, I will find a way to acquire it. For instance, I started becoming interested in crystals when I dreamt about blue calcite. I did some reading about it afterward and it turned out to fit my needs exactly.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:31 AM
Experiencer
It seems you are concerned about getting fakes. Here is some advice I posted on another thread that is relevant to your situation.

Telling fakes apart is pretty easy if you find a stone that you like, and just start looking at specimens, and do a little googling, and you will find what it's supposed to look like. Look at a thousand or so red quartz specimens and eventually you are a master of identifying red quartz. Also believe it or not, most sellers are honest, and will give you truthful answers if you ask them directly. If it says red quartz, it might be dyed red, in which case there is no lie involved, it's still a red quartz. However just because it doesn't say " natural red quartz " doesn't mean it's not natural, maybe the seller just didn't bother typing that extra word, in which case it's worth asking them. If you buy something on the assumption that it's natural, but no description says it's natural, and you haven't bothered to ask the seller, it's nobody you can blame if you get a fake. After a while this is all easy and you barely have to think about it.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:40 AM
Newbie ;)

I would suggest buying the stones in a shop in person if you can. I have always gone with my feeling when touching the stones, the magnetic charisma
Old 10-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Guide

Good suggestions in here. My advice would also be to just enjoy the journey and accept that you will get overwhelmed from time to time. A little break and sticking with your favourite stone will do wonders then. Most of all enjoy! :)
Old 10-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hour Glass
Hello everyone and thank you in advance to anyone who decides to help me!

I've recently taken an interest in crystals and I have a few questions. Here they are:

1. What are some good starter crystals?
2. Where can I safely buy authentic crystals online?
3. How can you tell real crystals from fake crystals?

I think that's it.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello

Good questions here, and while there are some that are common and said to be gentle or work with the vast majority its not always the case. Like for example Rose Quartz its a common one for healing and the heart, and while at times I do go with it for me, its not one I would have with me all the time its case sensitive.

Even if you get a pendent that has a stone for each Chakra that does not mean that your ready for that or understand Chakra's on the level of working with them. Too at times the stone they are mounted to might not resonate with you.

There are many good sources on line and even if you go to a shop or market venue there is no way to at times truly tell if your getting something real. Fakes are so easy to get now and so good that even experts have a hard time telling them apart.

You have to learn to trust you inner voice or gut feelings that takes the choice process out of the brain going "oh that is pretty" and really feeling if its something for you. At times you will instantly feel a pull to a stone, it will truly call out to you.

I find a lot of mine in second hand thrift stores, as jewelry or even raw stones.

Lynn