Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 09-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Experiencer
"Surges" in Heart Chakra

I have been having what I think are best described as "surges" in my heart chakra. I have had a thorough medical examination and have been given a clean bill of health, so I'm attributing my symptoms to the Spiritual.

Has anyone encountered this? What can I do to remedy it?

It gets uncomfortable. It feels like my heart is racing (again, simultaneous ECG tracings have been unremarkable) and I can't catch my breath. Not associated with anxiety, etc., so not psychological. Just the strange sensations.

I am open to any suggestions!
Old 10-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Knower

Common ECG does not show all. You need longer observation. 24 hod. ECG.
But, what about heart chakra. For appeasement is necessery meditation with watching breath.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Experiencer
I do breathing exercises for 10 minutes each day. I know that's a modest amount -- so what duration should I try to target?

I work for a large cardiology group and it's the only one covered by my insurance, so I hesitate to press for a 24-hour holter...I worry I'll seem like a hypochondriac. I've mentioned it before and it was felt unnecessary by my cardiologist.

I do need to back off the caffeine. ;)
Old 11-12-2016, 01:12 PM
Ascender
Looks to me like your trying to control it too much.. it might help if you let go and just let it flow. It's like trying to spin a wheel while keeping your hands on it at all times. How fast can you turn it? It's better to let go and just give it a spin every now and then.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
I am not a doctor and can not diagnose you but your symptoms sound similar to something I had. I had an svt called AVNRT my whole life but only had very rare random episodes until my late 30s when I started to get more and more episodes. The episodes would start and stop in what felt like one beat and would feel like my heart was beating crazy manic fast. They would last anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours. It was hard to breath and I thought I would pass out. When I first went to the doctor to have it evaluated they gave me a 24 hour holter monitor but I unfortunately had an episode the day before I got the monitor, not the day I was wearing it, so they could not diagnose me. A few years later, after the symptoms didn't go away even with lifestyle changes, I was given a 30 day event monitor and by the 2nd week I was able to catch an episode. I am a little surprised working for a cardiology department they haven't suggested you try a 30 day monitor to catch what you are feeling because odds of you having an episode with a 5 second ecg trace is very unlikely.

So how long do you feel the sensation? Does it last longer than a few beats? There is another issue that goes hand in hand with svt called ectopic or premature beats. Those are extra beats in the atria or ventricles that can cause a pause feeling and sometimes trigger a very short run of fast heartbeat. It can sometimes feel like a shock to the heart and cause a sudden feeling of loss of breath. This said, generally a premature beat is what triggers a person to have an SVT episode so being clear on the exact symptoms you are having may help distinguish if it is simply extra benign beats or if you have something fixable like the kind of svt I had though the only way to know for sure is for it to be caught on a monitor.

The svt I had was caused by being born with extra heart muscle tissue that allowed for the heartbeat signal to get caught in a loop. The condition is genetic being that you were possibly born with extra muscle fibers in your heart but it isn't a life threatening issue unless the episodes don't stop on their own. It has absolutely nothing to do with anxiety. If you do have it you don't necessarily need to have it corrected because it isn't considered a big health risk but it won't likely go away, you may always be prone to random episodes and for some it gets worse as you age and if that is the case by your 60s it could pose a threat. But this is simply an anatomical abnormality so it can exist in an otherwise healthy heart and as such it isn't medically categorized as a health threat so treatment would be up to you if it turns out you do indeed have svt and not just a few extra beats which they really don't do anything about. So I would say evaluate how long your symptoms last. If it is something that sometimes causes you to have to lay on the couch to catch your breath and it seems to start and stop very suddenly you may want to push for a monitor to catch what it is. If not then you may be able to just monitor your symptoms and go back for further evaluation if things get worse. Avoiding caffeine may help lessen how often you have symptoms. You are welcome to pm me if you have any more questions. Take care.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
Looks to me like your trying to control it too much.. it might help if you let go and just let it flow. It's like trying to spin a wheel while keeping your hands on it at all times. How fast can you turn it? It's better to let go and just give it a spin every now and then.

Perhaps this is the purpose -- an exercise in relinquishing control. I am guilty of trying to control everything. Very good advice. Thank you.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:10 PM
Experiencer
Michelle11, I had wondered if it's atrial fibrillation or flutter with a controlled ventricular response and the irregularity of the rhythm not clinically apparent (10s of milliseconds in cycle length variation). I have counted my pulse and it stays in the 60s to 80s, so I felt that ruled out SVT. But I suppose it's possible some of the beats just don't perfuse.

Did you have an ablation? I think if it is an SVT, the symptoms aren't bothering me enough that I'd want an ablation. I'm already taking a beta-blocker because I know I have frequent PVCs (premature ventricular contractions). I've never had PACs of which I'm aware.

I'm 29 so it's true I may be in for more sinus node dysfunction in the not too distant future, haha. For now my poor sinus node is hanging in there for the most part.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
Old 12-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
Michelle11, I had wondered if it's atrial fibrillation or flutter with a controlled ventricular response and the irregularity of the rhythm not clinically apparent (10s of milliseconds in cycle length variation). I have counted my pulse and it stays in the 60s to 80s, so I felt that ruled out SVT. But I suppose it's possible some of the beats just don't perfuse.

Did you have an ablation? I think if it is an SVT, the symptoms aren't bothering me enough that I'd want an ablation. I'm already taking a beta-blocker because I know I have frequent PVCs (premature ventricular contractions). I've never had PACs of which I'm aware.

I'm 29 so it's true I may be in for more sinus node dysfunction in the not too distant future, haha. For now my poor sinus node is hanging in there for the most part.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Yes I did have an ablation. The symptoms were starting to disrupt my life having episodes almost weekly and daily premature beat symptoms though at the time I didn't know what those were. The good thing is the condition prompted me to quit smoking even though it wasn't caused by smoking. But from a spiritual perspective I may not have done anything about it except I was getting a lot of prompts and messages from spirit that my heart was in danger. The most wild one I went to a Renaissance fair and passed a street performer who was passing out little charms and giving simple readings from them. My friend pulled first and got some silly nonsense and then I pulled a charm with a broken heart and expected them to say that my love life was in the dumps and they then got very serious and said you need to not delay in getting your heart fixed. No one at that time knew I was having the heart issues so it was kind of wild. Anyways, growing up with it I think I just trusted it would stop so I didn't fear it or have concern. But I can see now that my heart was being taxed by the svt so for me it was wise but if you aren't having disruptive symptoms I can see you doing watchful waiting. Sounds like you have a good grasp on heart rhythm issues so hopefully it's something simple like a short run of pacs and not afib. Well best of luck with it.

On a spiritual note I will say that there was an emotional component to my heart troubles. I see now that the condition itself was a sign that I was holding in a lot of my emotions, particularly fear, hurt and anger because after the ablation it all came spilling out and I was having a lot of emotional pain centered directly over my heart. It wasn't pain from premature beats or the svt, I was clearly aware it was all emotional pain but it caused my heart to hurt so maybe just ask yourself if you are holding in any past hurt. Do you stuff your emotions or otherwise suppress what you feel to keep the peace? I do honestly feel our physical ailments and symptoms are symbolic for our inner state and problems with the heart may represent suppressed emotions needing an outlet. I think a lot of people are brought up with a very unhealthy relationship with anger and emotions in general and as such they get stuck inside us and cause lots of heart health issues. That and poor eating and lack of exercise.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
I have been having what I think are best described as "surges" in my heart chakra. I have had a thorough medical examination and have been given a clean bill of health, so I'm attributing my symptoms to the Spiritual.

Has anyone encountered this? What can I do to remedy it?

It gets uncomfortable. It feels like my heart is racing (again, simultaneous ECG tracings have been unremarkable) and I can't catch my breath. Not associated with anxiety, etc., so not psychological. Just the strange sensations.

I am open to any suggestions!

I may be saying the wrong thing here, but I've experienced similar experiences. My opinion on them is that my emotions were dulled or turned off for a long time, then they came back online when I got tired of the excessive coldness and suffering, and when they came back online they came back with a vengenance.

I used to get tremors of positive emotion, kind of like when a person shivers to get warm, except they would happen when I was having an enlightening conversation or talking to a friend. They came from my chest area and felt like bliss. It even made my voice shake.

-----

Over time I got used to them, I chose to keep my emotions online and on full blast and eventually I adapted to them. Now it takes a longgg conversation before I quiver with emotion, in fact I haven't had one in a long long time.

There was a period where I rejected them though, and avoided any situation that would bring them back. But again when the suffering came I realized that I wanted to keep them, despite all their difficulties.

----

Drugs can dull the emotions over time.
mental trauma can cause us to sub-consciously avoid emotions. It begins with numbing one emotion, but the human body cant selectivly numb just one feeling, it can only evade situations that bring it up, when the conscious decision is made (either sub-consciously or consciously) to numb one emotion they all begin to numb. It's just how the brain works.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
mental trauma can cause us to sub-consciously avoid emotions. It begins with numbing one emotion, but the human body cant selectivly numb just one feeling, it can only evade situations that bring it up, when the conscious decision is made (either sub-consciously or consciously) to numb one emotion they all begin to numb. It's just how the brain works.

I did have quite an eventful summer emotionally. My parents went through a nasty divorce and my mother said some very hateful things to me, for which I'm sure I'll never get an apology. I haven't spoken to her in six months and probably won't ever again. ... Which is fine, as I feel it's best for my family and myself to sever those ties.

But I did get a stomach ulcer and lost 10 pounds (which doesn't sound like much but I was already thin). I've been on a medication regimen for the ulcer for 12 weeks now, and I'm starting to feel better with the stomach issues.

I'm doing great now emotionally. :)

Maybe what I'm feeling is healing from the emotional trauma caused by my mother.