Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 15-02-2016, 04:44 AM
Master
Yin Water method

Does anyone know anything about the Taoist Yin or Water method specifically? What I have heard so far, is that the Water method aims to release everything that is not real, or relative, so all that remains is what is real, or constant, through whatever circumstances or changes that may occur.

The fire method on the other hand requires some act of conscious will or effort to try and create the kind of mind you want. The Fire approach to meditation essentially seeks to create some sort of hypnotic state, typically through the use of visualizations, which you may later choose to break down to free yourself from your conditioning.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Guide

No, I haven't heard of it. But I do understand the fact that water is an important element in all of the religions. In the Tao Chi Ching, it is written "Of all of the elements, the Sage takes Water as his preceptor." One of the reasons why water is important is because water has memory, and is like liquid crystal, in the sense that it takes on the vibrations of it's surroundings. There are websites devoted to the subject such as "Water Codes." Sadguru from Isha Foundation also provides a lot of helpful information on the subject.
Old 22-04-2016, 01:16 AM
Experiencer
every element or phase is needed to become balanced
each one by itself can be deficient or excessive
shiaivite sadhus are examples of seekers who focus only on metal and water
all yin
and though they reach a point where they cant fall backward
they also cant move forward
they dont engage in the world and that creates a barrier
let go of letting go, for a more full realisation
• • • • •
Look softer
Breather deeper
Old 25-04-2016, 10:27 AM
Pathfinder

I think Bruce Frantzis teaches the water path.