Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillness_Speaks
Thinking... if we shall try to adopt the wisdom of Mr Nisargadatta Maharaj, that love is knowing I am everything... that must include religious people and all religions as well? Also New agers, Loosers, Boozers, Odin and Thor. Einstein, Gandhi, Mrs Johnsson in apartment nr 9 and Nils Bohr.
Yes!

Fortunately, I'm not very wise.
Old 25-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touched
Is this going to be one of those exchanges where I clear up one misunderstanding after another, just to have you keep digging deeper for another one?

Perhaps we need to have a different discussion.

Simple. Say what you mean.
Old 25-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore
I do. I only wish you could hear what I mean.
Old 25-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
Yes!

Fortunately, I'm not very wise.

Neither am I
Old 25-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
REALLY...must we include Niels Bohr?!?

FINE...invite him over for the bar-b-que. It will be held a Samhain and we will set a "Place of Honor" for him at the table--including a rich, black, Stout Beer! LOL

The Dearly Departed are always welcome.

Old 25-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Quote:

I do. I only wish you could hear what I mean.

It'll make no difference.

Old 25-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It'll make no difference.

What exactly is that supposed to mean?
Old 26-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi Lilyth. Here's what happened: Touched has had to defend and explain and re-explain every other comment he's made for several pages now. You were one of the individuals who - IMO and from what I read anyway - misinterpreted something he wrote. You also added an element into your argument that he never once mentioned or touched upon, that being this idea of ascension. It would be a bit like me saying that driving a motor vehicle is bad for the environment, and then having someone interpret that as suggesting people shouldn't travel and take vacations. Go back, carefully re-read the conversations you've had with Touched, and I'm sure you'll see what I mean.
Old 26-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:

Inasmuch as in the event of misunderstandings (and in spite of what Baile has just said), it's difficult to sort things like this out amicably on these web forums.

Where in face-to-face you'd sort it out in half a minute, rephrase something, get accord or otherwise, shake hands (if necessary) and: "Hey, it's my round, what are you drinking?" - here, one is dogged by the stilted "dialogue" of successive posts, reliant on typescript ONLY and delays between responses, and worst of all, words.

Face-to-face, much more is communicated than just words. But here things like this drag on and on. And as new variables are added, even more discussion is necessary - hence my comment.

When Baile said -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That's not a wrong statement, that's their belief. Whereas "The sun rises in the west" is a wrong statement. It's really quite easy as I see it. One can:

1. State their opinion.
2. Tell someone they're wrong.
3. Accuse someone of being ignorant.

If people simply stuck to the first option, there would be no need for moderators on these internet forums.
his recommendation might be improved with "If you must discuss, read a person's post carefully and avoid reading what isn't there."

Old 26-05-2014, 01:04 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi Lilyth. Here's what happened: Touched has had to defend and explain and re-explain every other comment he's made for several pages now. You were one of the individuals who - IMO and from what I read anyway - misinterpreted something he wrote. You also added an element into your argument that he never once mentioned or touched upon, that being this idea of ascension. It would be a bit like me saying that driving a motor vehicle is bad for the environment, and then having someone interpret that as suggesting people shouldn't travel and take vacations. Go back, carefully re-read the conversations you've had with Touched, and I'm sure you'll see what I mean.

This is wonderful advice...that I follow (personally) any time I find myself in a back and forth exchange--or perceive that I have upset someone.

I need to review and find out if there was some misunderstanding and take personal responsibility for my part in the misunderstanding--because I know and accept the fact that I am prone to make mistakes.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra