Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 15-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Pathfinder

Being woken by voices

This has happened to three times now in the last month. This morning I heard someone say name and it woke me up. I went back to sleep and then saw my name spelled out in capital letters and then heard "ring ring". I woke again and got out of bed....Probably not a dream but I have started having vived dreams again recently.
Old 15-11-2018, 09:55 PM
Seeker

I had a strange experience of this kind in 1962 when I was eighteen. I had gone to Cuxhaven, West Germany to accept a job offer but having seen the conditions decided to return home. In those days there were still currency controls and I had left with very little money.

I took a train from Cuxhaven to Osnabrück. There I found that I had insufficient money to get me back to the port of Harwich in England. The railway booking clerk worked out that if I got to Apeldoorn in Holland, about fifty miles away, I would have just enough to get to Harwich from there.

I walked for hours and hours until it grew dark and then found a field in which I slept on my travel bag. At about three in the morning I was awoken by a voice telling me to get up and go to the Dutch/German customs post at De Poppe "where there is a van waiting to take you to Apeldoorn."

I obeyed the order. At about six I got to the Dutch/German border and waited for the van. There was no van of course and so I started walking to Apeldoorn. I had gone barely a mile when a Dutch Post Office van drew up alongside me and asked where I was going and did I want a lift.

I told him I was headed for Apeldoorn and he said, "I can't possibly take you that far, but get in and we'll see." I remember the notice screwed into the dashboard that it was an offence for the driver to carry a passenger. I suppose the drive lasted an hour and suddenly we were at Apeldoorn station.

I didn't know how to thank him but all he said was, "They told me to take you. Good luck."

I got back to Harwich and the railway authorities gave me a ticket home, to be repaid when I could. Even today when I remember this incident it brings tears to my eyes. How desperate I had been. What woke me and put the idea in my head that somebody had come to help?
Old 16-11-2018, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator
I suspect your soul or guides are trying to communicate or get your attention. Around the same time something similar happened to me, I heard my name being called. I started to notice that when I asked a question the answer would appear as if by magic. So after a while I started to ask specific questions and have been guided in some interesting ways. So maybe give it a try. Have a conversation with your soul, higher self or guide and see what comes back. The whole thing has made me realize how not alone we are.

very cool story, Untersberg56
Old 16-11-2018, 06:37 AM
Pathfinder

Thanks for sharing your story Untersberg56. I've heard stories similer to yours before. Sometimes the answer comes to us at the right time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
I suspect your soul or guides are trying to communicate or get your attention. Around the same time something similar happened to me, I heard my name being called. I started to notice that when I asked a question the answer would appear as if by magic. So after a while I started to ask specific questions and have been guided in some interesting ways. So maybe give it a try. Have a conversation with your soul, higher self or guide and see what comes back. The whole thing has made me realize how not alone we are

I had contact with my soul, guides, higher self last year, but it wasn't words that I heard, it was a felt experience. The communication was through vibrations that I felt, mostly in the stomach and chest. I would wake in the morning and say "Hi" and I will feel the vibration. I'm not experiencing that right now though. Needless to say, anything I hear or feel now I take notice. I will try if I hear the voice again.
Old 16-11-2018, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator
They were separate instances. I only heard my name a few times. The answers to my questions is more frequent. At first I would magically come across information in odd ways, a random billboard, news story, article, license plate, or even someone having a conversation near me. That still happens but now I also have random words or phrases pop up in my head. I distinguish them from my own thoughts because they are often words I never use or phrases that seem nonsensical unless you define them symbolically. When I was younger it was mostly just intuition or a sense of knowing that guided me. As someone who struggles with indecision and self doubt I was lucky to have that for some of the major decisions in my life or I may have gone down some unfortunate paths. I believe my communication with spirt has been heightened this life. Sounds like that may be the case with you as well. But it takes time to grow it and it can't be forced so just explore and see what unfolds for you. Your journey is unique but even if it seems counter, it is for our better good. I do struggle with that sometimes but logically see the truth to it. I've been kept safe against some odds that were against me.
Old 16-11-2018, 02:10 PM
Pathfinder

Yes I have come across people saying that becoming more aware/awakening can't forced, if anything it's dangerous to force. I do believe it's important to moniter our thoughts all the time though. I'm guessing it's having the will power and courage to let go, except what is and be yourself. I believe maybe those kinds of thoughts have brought all these experiences for me.