Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 23-01-2017, 10:53 PM
Pathfinder
No Air and Tulips

One of the most profound "I was elsewhere" dreams I can remember started with me reaching up to a slate gray window sill and then lifting myself up and out. I found myself outside with dream lighting like I had never witnessed before. I practically know the sound and smell of the light in my own dreamscape and this what not the same. There was overwhelming beauty everywhere and... tulips. In the midst of it all I also noticed that there was no air. I remember thinking to myself "Shouldn't there be air?". I woke up soon after that and remember saying to myself "Tulips.. No air.. Why Tulips?"

I'm pretty sure this was in my teens.
Old 24-01-2017, 01:18 AM
Master
Tulip dream meaning:
http://www.dreammean.com/t/tulip
i like the 3rd entry, which begins:
"To dream tulips in your dream denotes new beginnings."

i suppose you had no need for air, and weren't reliant on it as a support
system for respiration or pressure. perhaps air would've served as an
obstacle to immediate perception of the environment (bending light,
diffusing smell, etc). (?)
Old 24-01-2017, 01:37 AM
Yaoughta

Dreams use imagery to convey concepts. Tulips could translate to two lips. It might have just been telling you that you weren't breathing at that moment for whatever reason. When you say you noticed that there was no air, do you mean you noticed you weren't breathing or that there wasn't a breeze? For the most part, air often refers to wisdom or knowledge and energy. The dream might have been telling you that you have no knowledge of something at that particular time or perhaps you felt at that particular time you didn't.
Old 24-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Pathfinder
I was perfectly content that there was no air. I just noticed that it was not there. I used to notice the lighting, smell, etc of all my vivid dreams.

I wasn't in any distress when I woke up..just perplexed. I've always been indifferent towards tulips.
Old 24-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Pathfinder

Hey Gerry

The colour Grey in dreams tends to reflect depression, of sorts. Im wanderng if at the time of your dream it hinted at a lifting up and out of this quagmire. Or it may be symbollic of literally lifting your own consciousness up & out of something even your own physical body where things down here are more dense, into a state of being, that was free.

The type of scene you describe is typical of change and growth and flowers in a dream again represent growth or the blooming of something, a completon if you like.

Looking back to the time frame of when you had this dream may hint more to what was happening for you at the time. ie did you find resolution in some emotional event, or a raising of consciousness around some issue? Did you have a spiritual awakening or a realisation that love exists all around us maybe you fell in love or maybe your dream points to a change in perspective or a higher awareness of something. Whatever the case may be the dream imagery suggests that your there was an upliftng in your consciousness to an experience of love and light not a light that we are aware of down here on this earth plane but a light that exists in the heavenly spheres.

& heres an interesting blurb on the symbol of tulips that date back to the persian poets of the 13th century -

The tulip was a topic for Persian poets from the thirteenth century. In the poem Gulistan by Musharrifu'd-din Saadi, described a visionary garden paradise with 'The murmur of a cool stream / bird song, ripe fruit in plenty / bright multicoloured tulips and fragrant roses...'[43] The gift of a red or yellow tulip was a declaration of love, the flower's black center representing a heart burned by passion.[44] In recent times, tulips have featured in the poems of Simin Behbahani. During the Ottoman Empire, the tulip was seen as a symbol of abundance. The era during which the Ottoman Empire was wealthiest is often called the Tulip era or Lale Devri in Turkish.

The shape of emblem of Iran is chosen to resemble a tulip, in memory of the people who died for Iran.

Tulips became popular garden plants in east and west, but, whereas the tulip in Turkish culture was a symbol of paradise on earth and had almost a divine status, in the Netherlands it represented the briefness of life.[2]

The Tulip is also viewed prominently in a number of the Major Arcana cards of the Oswald Wirth Tarot deck. Specifically: Arcanas Zero,One, Four, and Fifteen.

Found here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip

Best To You
Old 27-01-2017, 12:17 AM
Master
your profound dream had involved you lifting yourself up and out of your
'normal' dreamscape... into a world of "overwhelming beauty everywhere".
that there was no air seems to be indicating that you've yet to breathe
life into this landscape (via your two lips).
Quote:
"Shouldn't there be air?"
it is left for you to provide it.
your higher self has made this landscape, and it's offered to you
as an optional habitation.