Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 11-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Winepenny

Every religion began as a cult and then became a sect before formalizing its dogma. Then as now, the size of its following is not the measure of its truth. Indeed, were it otherwise, fewer people would be so motivated to keep searching. Unfortunately, for those who are searching, there are lots of dead-ends and entanglements. I doubt that any cult or sect or religion has all the answers, but, collectively, maybe they come close.
Old 13-02-2012, 05:27 AM
Master
hi Morpheus , in my current understand in Buddhism , is NOT who I am but is WHAT I am in Buddhism concept . I am a pollutant against purity , the truth in my current view is not the the teaching of mr Siddharta or himself but the real truth is the process of discovery , the search in understanding ownself ....thats is the truth , that is Buddhism .

Thks
CSEe
Old 03-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Truth

I used to be christian before I found out that spirituality can be better obtained by developing a one on one relationship with God. Even Jesus had to preach to the church because religion is just man trying to grasp the concept of God's great message without knowing how but if you ask God for the wisdom you see what people skip over and misinterpret and that the complicated is actually quite simple. The bible isn't the only spiritually enlightening book but many of them point to the same direction and as you further your understanding you become us misunderstood as the truth itself.
Old 22-01-2014, 03:06 AM
Master
Which is your favorite explaination of the truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
In this day and age of spiritual discernment and new age teaching, when people like us can learn about all the worlds religions, do you have a preference for the best teachings?

Out of all the spiritual teachings on earth which one explains the truth to you the best?

I must admit that the simple Judaic version of the truth still holds it for me. I still like the idea of a father God ruling over us.

Do you have a favorite version of reality? Which spiritual teaching is it?

Honza,

For me, the phrases, "Perfection does not come from projecting our own ideas but from awakening to the knowledge that it is already the established order of things."....

and...."Truth is not a thing to be discovered, but a reality to be uncovered." form a worldview that I call "Scientific Spirituality" which comprises the kind of spiritual teaching that I find most valuable.

The truth about the "reach" of our very understanding of REALITY is that each and every advancement has come about after we discovered what has ALWAYS BEEN TRUE, and waiting for us to discover it....our progress is based on SELF-DISCOVERY of what ALREADY IS....TRUE !!

...even when the tightly held ideas WE THOUGHT WERE TRUE were REALLY based on false information and dogma, WHICH virtually everyone believed, transmitted, and acted upon AS IF TRUE .....that is, until others, following their OWN ideas came along, who had quantifiable, repeatable, verifiable evidence based on a DIFFERENT set of ideas that turned the paradigm of established scientific or religious consensus on its head !!

The Principles of Life uncovered by scientists that govern the relationship between mass, gravity, time, and the curvature of space to produce black holes have been in perfect operation just as eternally before their discovery of those principles as is the frequency upon which you enjoy listening to your favorite music; indeed, existent ever since the Universe cooled it into resonance along with the infinite gradations of frequency radiating beside it. These principles HAD to have been in operation just as perfectly BEFORE we discovered how to harness them into technology as they presently operate now. Or we would not be able to continue to utilize them for our technology today, much less build them into technological improvements tomorrow!
This has to include Spiritual principles, too.

Any Truth that I can uncover...and apply in my own life for myself is best.

The 6-volume set of books I've used as the 1st reference, below, changed my life and how I see EVERYTHING. I strongly believe they could have a similar effect on yours. You'll see why (especially by the time you get to page 21 of Vol 1) !

Thanks for the excellent question !

Reference: Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East (Volumes 1 - 6) by Baird T. Spalding

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...t=54177&page=2
Old 22-01-2014, 06:12 AM
Guide

each truth seems to lead itself into another truth..all intertwined i guess...
Old 12-02-2014, 02:20 AM
Master
Are there levels of Truth? One being greater than the other?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-02-2014, 02:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth
I used to be christian before I found out that spirituality can be better obtained by developing a one on one relationship with God. Even Jesus had to preach to the church because religion is just man trying to grasp the concept of God's great message without knowing how but if you ask God for the wisdom you see what people skip over and misinterpret and that the complicated is actually quite simple.
The bible isn't the only spiritually enlightening book but many of them point to the same direction and as you further your understanding you become us misunderstood as the truth itself.

Study brings out that all the faiths, at their fundamental and original level, agree.

But, things become more personal in the manifestation of God into the material world and creation, in Christ Jesus.

Who is the fulfillment of all the ages of Old Testament prophetic writings. From Genesis onward.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 03-05-2014, 07:39 AM
lovingvibrations

Amongst the many different traditions that this world offers, the esoterics will all agree. We are all one. We are all love and we are in search of happiness. Is there so much difference in truth?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Be Still and know that I AM God.

I like it too.
Old 20-09-2014, 05:00 PM
samsara4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Be Still and know that I AM God.

Truth is That Which Is.

Being Still reveals the Truth ..... I AM ..... God.