Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Closed Thread

Old 22-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Master
Favorite Artists

There are many Artists which I like, but my favorite ones are probably;

1st: Monet, because he is so incredibly fluent with colour, using it to build 'impressions' of landscapes. He is very creative because he manages to express so much with simple dabs of colour.

2nd: Carravagio, the Italian late Renaissance painter who painted the Apostles with dirt on their feet and tears in their clothes because they were 'poor'. He is an expert in dramatic use of contrast between light and dark.

3rd: Titian, who was 'High Renaissance' and whose 'all round' skill with composition, colour, form etc. created vivid paintings with a vital spark of life. Like his imagination come to life.

These three artists have always managed to inspire me and sort of turn my attention upwards towards the higher realms. I feel they have achieved greatness in their Art.

Regards, Jan.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 22-09-2006, 10:25 PM
mikron

Thanks Honza I live in Usa and not heard of these artists and one group that I mikron like is Deva Premal link here
http://www.mitendevapremal.com/

once on there site choose to listen to there music ,amazing all my crystals like there music

mikron
Old 23-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron
Thanks Honza I live in Usa and not heard of these artists and one group that I mikron like is Deva Premal link here
http://www.mitendevapremal.com/

once on there site choose to listen to there music ,amazing all my crystals like there music

mikron

Hi mikron,

You have got me puzzled. The Artists I was talking about are not musicians they are Painters. You would find them in most books on the History of Art.
Favorite musicians is another subject which we ought to start up!

Cheers, Jan.

Old 23-09-2006, 08:41 AM
Light Mage

I'm very fond of the art of M. C. Escher, H. R. Giger and Salvador Dali.

Each of them have very different styles to each other, but they all have a kind of abstract surrealism that I find intriguing.

I found a good website that has pictures of some of Escher's most famous works: http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/gallery-recogn.htm

Giger was the person that designed the Aliens from the "Alien" films (starring Sigourney Weaver) and the alien from the film "Species". He's most famous for his "Bio-mechanoid" style, which is quite dark and, frankly, scary!

I'm sure most people are familiar with the work of Dali? Paintings of melting clocks and so on...

I wish I had artistic talents, but the only thing I seem to be any good at drawing are geometric patterns (such as my User "avatar" here which I designed and drew using nothing but MSPaint).

Last edited by Light Mage : 23-09-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 23-09-2006, 02:02 PM
mikron

Thaks Honza for letting me know ! and all is good in creative expression ! Namaste

mikron
Old 01-10-2006, 01:13 PM
e-ma

Light Mage, I love surrealism too. I bought a great Taschen book on Surrealism not so long ago and it's great.
Old 21-10-2006, 04:44 AM
Enlightener

Surrealism is my favourite.

My favourite artists are (gosh there are so many!):

Egon Schiele
Salvador Dali
Heironymous Bosch(No.1 fav)
Caravaggio
Monet
Van Gogh
Cezanne
Roger Dean
Peter Bruegul
Gustav Klimt
H.R. Geiger
Max Ernst
rene Magritte
William Blake

I bet there are more but can't remememember.

Enlightener
Old 25-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Lapis

Favorite Artists

I've always loved Frank Frazetta. Doesn't matter what he draws, it's amazing. Also enjoy Brian Froud and what he draws. There's more but can't think of their names at the moment.
Old 25-10-2006, 04:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
I've always loved Frank Frazetta. Doesn't matter what he draws, it's amazing. Also enjoy Brian Froud and what he draws. There's more but can't think of their names at the moment.

I've never heard of those two. Are they current artists? i.e. are they alive and painting today?

Old 25-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Lapis

Honza,

Hi and yes Brian Froud and Frank Frazetta are both alive although Frazetta is in his 70's I believe now and has had serious health problems. He had a stroke I believe and taught himself to draw and paint with his other hand!!! Can you imagine??? Wow.

Frazetta deals with "Fantasy" and Froud deals with Elementals and Nature Spirits mainly. So they both are very different from most of the artisits mentioned here already. But......I'd highly recommend doing a Google search on both of them to see some of their works. You'll be amazed I think.
Closed Thread