Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Master

Change the future?

If you could change the future, would you?
Old 12-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Master
What's to change? It isn't anything but speculation.

My kitty cats always seem to know when lunchtime is and it's like they can read the future of being fed so they arrive for that future... but are they changing it? Not if it already is what it was always going to be.

I've seen this around artworks where I'll get a vision of something and go ahead and make it then later when it's made I sometimes get a deja vu of when I saw it in the past... this kinda means it only gets made 'cause I remember making it in the future... so it already is!
Old 12-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Master
But then again I didn't really answer your question.

Would I change the future? Again, sorry, what the future is doesn't concern me at all but what I wanna do now is be as willing as I can not to deny it in any way... and that's a now thing I suppose.

So I have to cut the lawns today and I don't ever really enjoy that so it is something I dawdle around getting started but once I'm started I enjoy doing it... what's that all about? Am I changing the future?
Old 12-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Master

We change the future every time we leave the house. Sometimes we make changes to the future simply by not leaving the house. Wings of a butterfly and all that wonderful chaos theory.

But let's play your game for a moment. To use an example from a known tv series, what if tomorrow's newspaper came on my door today? I would certainly grab the opportunity with both hands to make wrongs not happen, hoping strongly not to create any new wrongs in the process. That probably answers your question. But there are two options here. One would be that the newspaper would contain info about what MIGHT happen tomorrow, in which case the newspaper would barely contain any true event by the end of the next day. The other options is that the newspaper contain the ACTUAL news about tomorrow, in which case nothing I did to change the news would have any effect at all or maybe even be contributing to them. Which brings us to the wonderful Back To The Future scenario, where exclusive knowledge of future facts could be the basis of a great fortune. Many indeed have attempted to enlist 'seers' in this line of work, or have used their own talent for this.

If I can avert a bad thing from happening with my limited resources, I will. Special future knowledge or not. But it would be nice to have such talents. While I am at it, I also wish for a green vintage Ferrari and a case of Amontillado.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Master
I don't think we can change the future, we only can act in the present, and everything will unfold accordingly.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:50 PM
silent whisper

In this moment we are, are we not?

Try as I may I cant stop the greater reality's future but I can do my part in my own future I wish to see.

We are co creators who create a smaller picture within the greater..so even as I could change my own created reality, the greater affects me as one..

If you mean stop wars, murders, illness...like put an end to those things,that would be cool, like wave a magic wand over the world and bring total peace of being to all..:)
Old 19-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Master

Finally reading. Wanted to say thanks to the few who answered.