Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Grief work

I went to a Griever's meeting yesterday and spoke of how my late wife comes around to visit me (and others). Some of the Grievers have the same experiences with lost loved ones and some don't. Those who aren't willing to believe that the "dead" are still alive are quite skeptical and those who have "visitations" totally enjoy it.
I can explain how my late wife comes around but could never prove it so all I can offer someone is what I currently know and feel. If someone wants to learn more about the Afterlife and visitations, I'd recommend you google: James Van Praagh or the Afterlife and read up on the subject. IMO, those on the other side come to us a lot BUT we reject or push them away with our fears and skepticism. They just want to let us know that they are still here and that they love and respect us so it hurts them to be ignored and dishonored by us.
It can improve one's grief work to know or even accept that our loved (or hated) ones are right here, listening to us and willing to make amends or give us a loving hug whenever we are ready.
Old 26-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Jimrich,

I own Soul 'Life lesson' Oracle cards from James Van Praagh. They were very healing and an exceptional self development tool for me during a challenging period. The cards give nothing but a positive and uplifting message. I recommend them too.
Old 27-01-2017, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator
Jimrich.
It is lovely to hear you get visits from your wife. Bless her Soul.

Those who are very sceptical can see differently perhaps, in time. There is always a chance some connection 'beyond the grave' could one day be strong enough to make a change in understanding. It happened that way with me.

Sincerely wishing to help the grieving is a great kindness. So much sorrow and pain is caused by grieving passed loved ones. But of course that can be hard to do. It is really impossible to convey one's own knowledge through experience, of contact with loved ones in the next dimension.
The kindest thing you can do is remain kind and understanding. Obviously, if someone is showing interest in the 'beyond' it might be a good time to open up and tell your story. Keep it simple. That can help.
You never know. Even a sentence you say to them, they may remember when they are crying all alone in the middle of the night....
Old 27-01-2017, 09:15 AM
Deactivated Account
IMO, the need to weep as much as possible despite our culture's resistance to and shaming of those who weep, especially us men, is the most important element of grieving which is meant to release the over load of unhappy or painful emotional energy within the griever or survivor.
Another aspect of grief that is rarely understood in our "uptight" culture has to do with anger and I'd recommend some grief books rather than state my experiences and understanding of how to release anger over a loss. It's a rather deep subject and should be explained in way more detail than I can go into here other than to say it's both OK and natural to express various levels of anger after a loss depending on the situation and type of unresolved feelings the survivor needs to get over.
Here are a few links to Grief resources:
This is a PDF file that is somewhat like a free book about grief.....
http://www.sun.ac.za/english/entitie...r%20Lo ss.pdf

This is a free E-book.....
http://info.griefrecoverymethod.com/mainpage-ebook

Try this link for information and some books.....
https://www.griefrecoverymethod.com/
https://www.griefrecoverymethod.com/...overy-handbook

I'd also go to a library for such books
good luck
Old 28-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Administrator
Some people get visitations from lost loved ones quickly others it can take years if at all.
some people are not ready to accept a message because its still to raw for them

Namaste
Old 03-02-2017, 12:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
IMO, the need to weep as much as possible despite our culture's resistance to and shaming of those who weep, especially us men, is the most important element of grieving which is meant to release the over load of unhappy or painful emotional energy within the griever or survivor.
Another aspect of grief that is rarely understood in our "uptight" culture has to do with anger and I'd recommend some grief books rather than state my experiences and understanding of how to release anger over a loss. It's a rather deep subject and should be explained in way more detail than I can go into here other than to say it's both OK and natural to express various levels of anger after a loss depending on the situation and type of unresolved feelings the survivor needs to get over.
Here are a few links to Grief resources:
This is a PDF file that is somewhat like a free book about grief.....
http://www.sun.ac.za/english/entitie...r%20Lo ss.pdf

This is a free E-book.....
http://info.griefrecoverymethod.com/mainpage-ebook

Try this link for information and some books.....
https://www.griefrecoverymethod.com/
https://www.griefrecoverymethod.com/...overy-handbook

I'd also go to a library for such books
good luck

Jim...amazing thread and amazing shares...how lovely to hear about your experiences day to day with your late wife

And I think your sentiments on grieving, crying, and coping with anger after a loss are just so critical. Also the bit on how men in particular need to feel that it's ok to express their grief, and how they may also need to look into coping with buried rage after a loss. Even very old losses and not just fresh ones.

Peace & blessings all
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 29-01-2017, 12:57 AM
Deactivated Account
LEVELS
A "gifted" friend came by today to look at and hopefully "read" the last painting my late wife made just before she crossed over and he began to talk about the "7 levels" in the Afterlife. I am not "gifted" so I have no knowledge of these 'levels' and when my late wife comes to visit, there is no evidence of any 'levels' so it seems like either a myth or a meaningless concept to me. I was not ready to get into a "heady" discussion with our friend about 'levels' so that was dropped right away. I guess, from my current frame of mind, that it really doesn't matter to me what 'level' my late wife, parents or anybody else who's now in the Afterlife are on so long as I have occasional contact with some of them. I've seen a lot of very deep and heady discussions about the Afterlife on line so, like any deep subject, I assume there will be many aspects, concepts and facts about that or any subject, like Planet X, to keep folks mentally entertained for as long as they want.
LOL, the next time I have clear contact with my late wife, I'll ask her what LEVEL she is on!

Well,I stopped to ask my late wife what "level" is she on? and she is just laughing and laughing and laughing over "there" .....and so am !! It seems so SILLY! LOL, LOL, LOL......
Old 02-02-2017, 10:05 PM
Experiencer
I am now into my second year of grief, having lost my mother close to Christmas time. Despite being aware of the afterlife and knowing she is fine it doesn't stop the feeling of sheer emptiness, a void that can never be filled.
There are days when I'm ok and days when I feel I'm in a deep, deep well, struggling to get out.
Time, I know will make a difference, it won't takes away the 'missing' of a loved one but hopefully the pain and emptiness will lessen xx
Old 03-02-2017, 12:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
I am now into my second year of grief, having lost my mother close to Christmas time. Despite being aware of the afterlife and knowing she is fine it doesn't stop the feeling of sheer emptiness, a void that can never be filled.
There are days when I'm ok and days when I feel I'm in a deep, deep well, struggling to get out.
Time, I know will make a difference, it won't takes away the 'missing' of a loved one but hopefully the pain and emptiness will lessen xx
My experience is that my late wife is not only over in the Afterlife now but she is quite often right here with me and she shows up in many subtle and simetimes blatant ways, especially in dreams so I rarely have that painful "missing" her feelings since she is not missing at all. If I were you, I'd go see a psychic or medium and allow your mother to come to you and show you that she is not "missing" and is right there with you in all kinds of ways and then you might FEEL or notice her around you which could reduce the painful sense that she is "missing" or not there. I feel so good and happy when my late wife is here, which is most of the time, so I have no need to get sad, lonely and "miss" her. I am not psychic, although she was/is, but I do "experience" her presence and it doesn't matter to me if it's only my imagination, memories or foolishness so long as I KNOW that she is alive and well and is still right here except that it's a slightly different dimension or realm. For her, coming to me is easy but I cannot to into her realm just yet unless I learn to do it which is why I mentioned a medium or psychic who can access that realm and bring your mother into the dialogue or meeting. My late wife brought my (dead) mother her and did that for many of her grieving clients so it's not so strange and perfectly normal for those over in the Afterlife.
Again, know that they are still here and having contact with them can lower the sadness and grief because they are still here with us and not GONE away as we believe. This same thing can apply to "lost" pets who are still here with us but we cannot or will not notice and accept them so we HURT over apparently losing them when the truth is that we have NOT lost them.
James Van Praagh can say this better than me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4wqVUBfRtU
Your mother is very eager to tell you that she is still there with you whenever you are ready to hear and feel her!
Old 03-02-2017, 06:47 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
My experience is that my late wife is not only over in the Afterlife now but she is quite often right here with me and she shows up in many subtle and simetimes blatant ways, especially in dreams so I rarely have that painful "missing" her feelings since she is not missing at all. If I were you, I'd go see a psychic or medium and allow your mother to come to you and show you that she is not "missing" and is right there with you in all kinds of ways and then you might FEEL or notice her around you which could reduce the painful sense that she is "missing" or not there. I feel so good and happy when my late wife is here, which is most of the time, so I have no need to get sad, lonely and "miss" her. I am not psychic, although she was/is, but I do "experience" her presence and it doesn't matter to me if it's only my imagination, memories or foolishness so long as I KNOW that she is alive and well and is still right here except that it's a slightly different dimension or realm. For her, coming to me is easy but I cannot to into her realm just yet unless I learn to do it which is why I mentioned a medium or psychic who can access that realm and bring your mother into the dialogue or meeting. My late wife brought my (dead) mother her and did that for many of her grieving clients so it's not so strange and perfectly normal for those over in the Afterlife.
Again, know that they are still here and having contact with them can lower the sadness and grief because they are still here with us and not GONE away as we believe. This same thing can apply to "lost" pets who are still here with us but we cannot or will not notice and accept them so we HURT over apparently losing them when the truth is that we have NOT lost them.
James Van Praagh can say this better than me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4wqVUBfRtU
Your mother is very eager to tell you that she is still there with you whenever you are ready to hear and feel her!

Yes, I do understand what you are saying. I know she is around me, I've seen signs. A short time after she crossed over, I asked she give me a sign. That evening she did (profile photo) there have been other signs also.
My mother was a medium, so I basically grew up around mediumship. Knowing that there is life after death is comforting to say the least :)
Despite our loved ones being with us, doesn't take away the fact that their physical presence is dearly missed.