Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 28-11-2017, 03:21 AM
Experiencer
Looking for a little help

So i've read many things about LOA, manifestation, and I do affirmations and meditations on this. I'm just struggling a bit with my thoughts or way I word things. There aren't always necessarily big negative words, but there's buts and even just, no matter what, must...those kinds of things. I do feel it's true that I let stress and fear take over too often so I'm attracting negativity. I want and need to attract positivity.

What kind of things do you all suggest to combat this? This is where i struggle. I'm just now stepping into my life where I believe, know I'm worthy, so yeah I'm working through lots of years of patterns and incidents to overcome.

Would appreciate any help anyone could suggest! TIA!
Old 28-11-2017, 03:47 AM
Newbie ;)

As someone who is dealing with the same problem, I've found it's a bit of a "fake it till you make it" kind of deal. If you keep telling yourself those positive things, then you'll eventually believe it! For me, it's all about consistency and dedication. And trust me when I say this; breaking habits won't happen overnight.

I've also found that keeping a gratitude journal helps. As often as you can, write down things you're grateful for! For example: sunlight, a pet, a warm bed, etc.

Sure, there may be setbacks or you just have a bad day, but remember that without rain there would be no rainbows! I'm positive that if you keep up with what you're doing already, you can live the life you've always wanted!

-Jay
Old 28-11-2017, 02:19 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunasi
As someone who is dealing with the same problem, I've found it's a bit of a "fake it till you make it" kind of deal. If you keep telling yourself those positive things, then you'll eventually believe it! For me, it's all about consistency and dedication. And trust me when I say this; breaking habits won't happen overnight.

I've also found that keeping a gratitude journal helps. As often as you can, write down things you're grateful for! For example: sunlight, a pet, a warm bed, etc.

Sure, there may be setbacks or you just have a bad day, but remember that without rain there would be no rainbows! I'm positive that if you keep up with what you're doing already, you can live the life you've always wanted!

-Jay

Brilliant answer! The more one affirms (and it may need to be repeated many times in a day) the more firmly it drills into your subconscious and thus guides your behaviour, perceptions and sensitivities in the most subtle ways.

Sometimes doubts are sown when someone deliberately sets out to look for results and doesn't find them. So try to let them happen and when anything strikes you as an indication, journal it.
Old 28-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Thumbs up

My advice that fits many questions....is keep reading something inspiring that you
believe is true, of course...it helps get the mind clear and focused.
Right here there are pages to read in the Quotes of Abraham thread.
If that is not your cup of tea...find a person/author that really resonates with you! Good luck! You can do it.

Keeping our needle on the record is the thing...it may skip, so what?
Keep placing it gently in the groove.
Re-focus all the time on your desires...not the past or negative things, in other words.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Master

I believe that being positive is a good thing, but we need to keep it reasonable, realistic (I know it's difficult), and use an effective approach.

Miracles happen, but infrequently (that's why they're called miracles). Positivity works only on ourselves. It doesn't materialize anything from ether. It can change us to perform better, can diminish our shortcomings, but doesn't really change the environment (people, facts).

What is peddled as LOA, is generally a pipe dream, and it works only for the peddlers.

What works is self-hypnosis, that instills in our subconsciousness changes that are good for us, and that will help us do things that consciously we have difficulties with.

Affirmation of wishes may or may not work, depending of external factors *even a broken clock shows the exact time twice a day).

What works are posthypnotic commands received while under light trance. They work on our subconscious, that affects our conscious behaviour, and consequently what happens to us.

Surely, I expect some people to disagree with me.
Old 28-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Pathfinder
I suggest you surround yourself with positive stuff.. be careful what you watch on TV, what kinds of people you spend most of your time most, what kinds of newspaper you read.. put positive affirmations on papers and put these papers at home on various places.. one in bathroom mirror, another in toliet door etc. keeping a gratitude journal is also good thing. ideas mentioned by others are also very beneficial
Old 28-11-2017, 10:12 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I believe that being positive is a good thing, but we need to keep it reasonable, realistic (I know it's difficult), and use an effective approach.

Miracles happen, but infrequently (that's why they're called miracles). Positivity works only on ourselves. It doesn't materialize anything from ether. It can change us to perform better, can diminish our shortcomings, but doesn't really change the environment (people, facts).

What is peddled as LOA, is generally a pipe dream, and it works only for the peddlers.

What works is self-hypnosis, that instills in our subconsciousness changes that are good for us, and that will help us do things that consciously we have difficulties with.

Affirmation of wishes may or may not work, depending of external factors *even a broken clock shows the exact time twice a day).

What works are posthypnotic commands received while under light trance. They work on our subconscious, that affects our conscious behaviour, and consequently what happens to us.

Surely, I expect some people to disagree with me.

It’s so weird you posted this because I was just about to post again on this about how I think some of my fear, worry, anxiety affects my thoughts is because of a lot of situations with my husband, things out of my control I suppose and how no matter how many gratitudes I fill in my journal, books or internet articles I read, affirmations I say, being the most positive...this situation brings me down. Part of me wonders though if it in and of itself is the universe trying to show me repeating patterns that don’t serve me and maybe take the hint from it. Sigh. Goes back to my trouble with letting go and I don’t quit, refuse to give up on people. Eek. Can sometimes talk myself in a circle. Lol.